Your Restaurant Reviews! (2006–2012)

Started by Anthony, March 10, 2006, 07:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarabella

What do people make of the Silver Spur? I made a reservation yesterday along with Cafe Mickey when we go to Disney in 2 weeks, but there isn't many reviews about it!
Is it a good choice or not?

Samninetysix

:pluto: When really busy it was'nt brilliant, but we have gone to the resturant in the quiter peiod and the food was great. It depends on what  you expect what level the food you want. :)

Nicholas-c

Backlot Studio Catering Co.

Had a snack here when i went and its ok. lots on the menu, just all your standard stuff.

//http://www.bigfootdesigns.co.uk/food1disney.JPG
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

ightenhill

Quote from: "clarabella"What do people make of the Silver Spur? I made a reservation yesterday along with Cafe Mickey when we go to Disney in 2 weeks, but there isn't many reviews about it!
Is it a good choice or not?

Of all the full service restaurants I found this the least succesful and most basic in terms of choice and execution.
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

wonderbunder

Nicholas-c ,

You should add that photo to the magic photos forum....
very hot

miss disney fan

hi all, just got back from disney yesterday and just to let people know who havent been before that a few menus from http://www.dlrpfoodguide.com are out of date, so please dont get your hopes up if the menu is not the same as when you get to DLRP  :roll:

Clarebelle

Could anyone recommend a good place to eat in the village for the first night we arrive?
I love the rainforest cafe and planet hollywood(fantastic food and service and great value for money!) and want to save them for later on our trip, i want somewhere new that will really get us into the disney spirit!
I also have half board vouchers so is there anywhere where we can redeem these at face value in the disney village?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Soap

Quote from: "Clarebelle"Could anyone recommend a good place to eat in the village for the first night we arrive?
I love the rainforest cafe and planet hollywood(fantastic food and service and great value for money!) and want to save them for later on our trip, i want somewhere new that will really get us into the disney spirit!
I also have half board vouchers so is there anywhere where we can redeem these at face value in the disney village?

Cafe Mickey is a great option!  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Disney_Princess

Cafe Mickey is brilliant for a taste of Disney without having to go into the park.
[size=150]Every girl deserves to be a Princess... To be a Disney one makes you extra special[/size]

carberry

I visited in early March. We first tried Annettes Diner which was great. Great food and atmosphere. If you eat in the evening the staff have a performance of some 60's songs. My daughter and I really enjoyed it. Next day for lunch we tried Planet Hollywood and was very disappointed. Sandwich was fine but I asked for tea and all they had was Earl Grey.I just wanted a normal cuppa but they didn't have any. My daughters nuggets were just ok, she said. Didn't think it was value for money. But I was even more disappointed in Cafe Mickey. It was like a rugby scrum. Table booked for half 7 but so were crowds of other people. Got a table at 8. The food was lukewarm and not a great choice. Goofy and the gang where there but it was a brief appearance and lots of kids where disappointed. All in all, Annettes Diner was our favourite.

cinders

yes mine is the lucky nugget as well !! got quiet a few good pictures in there ! my daughter was especially happy because she actually got her pic taken with minnie mouse ! after our incident earlier on that day where a grown woman pushed her out the way to get a picture of herself with minnie :| and i did notice because i was with my son who was classed as an adult in most the  eating establishments i didnt pay for my 4 year old to eat she was free i dont know if anyone else found this to be the case ???

2004  Decemeber Hotel  Santa Fe
2005  October Hotel  Cheyenne
2007 Decemeber  Hotel Santa Fe
2008 Decemeber Hotel Cheyenne
2009 July Hotel Santa Fe
2009 Novemeber Sequoia Lodge
Abigail`s 7th birthday suprise 21st March 2010
2010 9th Decemeber Santa Fe can`t wait!

frau smee

we got back sat and we all loved walts the food was good .staff was really nice lovely surroundings thumbs up for us :D/

pjulie75

This has been in fourth year running with the kids and we found the food to be rubbish.  We had half board plus vouchers and we ate:

1st Night Plaza Gardens
2nd Day Lucky Nugget (used to LOVE this restaurant - kids pushing to see characters - not fun at all and Adults skipping the queue to get seated first even thought we all had reservations- no manners!)
3rd & 4th Day Billy Bob Buffet (2 nights running - only because we couldn't get in anywhere else)
5th Day Rendevous Des Stars

Seems to be the exactly same type of food offered in these buffet style restaurants.  It is really disappointing because the vouchers are not cheap and you do expect a variation in the different themed restaurants.  It looks to me, like the make food in a central location and then send to all the restaurants!!

The best place was Rendevous des Stars which had a slight variation on food, would recommend here and it also had a jazz band playing which was great.

Tried to eat in a few other places like Colonel Hathi and Agrabah Buffet?! but both closed when we visited.

I don't understand why Disney offer a selection of restaurant to use vouchers but they are not all open - why o why..... :evil:

Did have a wonderful holiday but felt food was very poor.

Nala_84

Thank you pjulie for the restaurant review :)! It's good to hear that the vouchers aren't so good, I guess I won't take them...

Oh, so the Rendez-Vous des Stars is good? I never ate at the Studios, but this restaurant seemed to be the nicest one, especially with the Ratatouille-Themeing ;)! Do you think/know that there's also enough choice for Vegetarians?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

BlueClouds

In the buffet restaurants, do they mark which dishes are vegetarian?
Yo ho, Haul together, hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, Never shall we die!