Your Restaurant Reviews! (2006–2012)

Started by Anthony, March 10, 2006, 07:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra_Mouse

hey there  :D

i came back from a 4-day trip in march and now here's my restaurant-review:

1. sequioa lodge restaurants - beaver creek tavern
had dinner once and we were sooooo surprised by the good quality of the food! everything was just delicious!! from starter to dessert.. we had salads for starters, i loved to couscous-salad!!, and then there was this nice and spicey turkey-dish as a main course.. there was also chili con carne/pizza/pasta/all sorts of vegetables and meat, and for dessert they had about 7 different cakes .. chocolate, apple-pie, orange/lemon-pie.. berry-pie.. wow* that meal was delicious!!

2. En Coulisse, ( Studios Park )
i remember eating chicken nuggets at the park once, about 3 years ago, and they were just tasting like an old shoe ;-)
but this time, we tried again. we had just arrived at the park, and i was standing there, waiting for my chicken nuggets, and telling my mum "i know, they're not gonna taste good, but who cares, we haven't had anything yet today, so let's just eat whatever we get here.."
and then...!! they turned out to be just lovely!! really.. they were hot and just so tasty.. :-) so definitely go there and enjoy them.. great, but i have to admit, the chicken nuggets are all the same, in the whole park area.. doesn't really matter where you order them, they taste pretty much the same.
all in all, i think fast food (fries / chicken nuggets, etc ) has improved since, let's say..2004/2006

3. fuente del oro, frontierland.
what a lovely selection of food!!! i loved it, was my favourite in the whole park. the chicken fajitas were just wonderful... hot food, all very spicy, i loooove spicy food.. and a good portion. couldn't really eat all. but they also give you lots of sauce's to go with, for free which is very nice.
my mum had the mixed platter. that was onion rings, jalapenos..chicken wings, and tortilla chips. tried some too, and that was nice and hot. so we really loved this place!!

4. casey's corner. main street USA.
well.. what can i say, the hot dogs were nice. we had to wait a little until we got served (just about 8min. which is totally fine) but the hot dogs were sooo hot! was really worth the wait.
just one little thing, i didn't like the mayonaise that they served with it.
ketchup was fine. just the regular one. but that mayonaise.. it tasted soo special. mum said it has to be cause they but onions or garlic as a seasoning in it.
just not very good. but anyway. fries and nuggets were great, again, same as everywhere in the park :-) good quality!

5. buffalo bill's wild west show
such a lovely show!! you really shouldn't miss that one!!! :-)
the food was good too. although everyone i know keeps on complaining about the quality and taste of it. but i like it. i looove the chili for starters. it's great! and the cornbread too! wonderful :) although i always say it tastes like lemon cake. :-)
the main course is different now. it's a brochette of different meat's chicken and sausage. everything is topped with a dark bbq-sauce. if you like that taste, you'll love it. like myself ;-) but my mum hates it. and she really got sick afterwards.. :-(
the dessert is still the same. hot apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream.
that's lovely as usual :-)

6. mcdonalds.
well, what can i say... just mcdonalds ;-) but fine, as everywhere around the world.

7. popcorn!!
disney's got the best popcorn in the world!! it's so tasty. and i love that it's sweet not salty. a change is always good :-)

so.. that's it! hope you enjoy reading it and all in all: don't be scared about the chicken nuggets.. ;-) they're lovely. and GO TO FUENTE DEL ORO !!! :-) food is divine there! :-)

greetings from switzerland
-Sandra-

allie

Hello, I got back about a month or so ago from a brilliant trip in DLRP!

On the 1st night we headed over to Annette's which never fails! Food service has always been good for us and reasonably quick - not too quick.

On the 2nd night for dinner we dined at The Steakhouse, where I had the curry which was lovely! And the waiter was more than kind, he even gave us a free starter! I've always had great experiances here - I recommend it highly!

On the 3rd - I think this was our first visit to the Rain forest Café of the trip - it was superb. Got a brilliant seat near the gorilla - which can be annoying but I was just happy to be there. Had the rasta pasta which is a personal favourite!

On the 4th - we once again went to the Rain forest Café and again on the 5th. You'd think we'd get sick of it?!

General good experiances once again with the dining at DLRP  :D/

dagobert

Anyone knows when Fuente del Oro is open? The last two times we have been to DLRP it was closed, is it only opened in the high season? My girlfriend (a veggie) would love to eat veggie fajitas, at least something different from all those burgers and pizzas... :D
I'm wondering if it will be hard for her to find good food, we are spoiled from Disney World, where everywhere are veggie-burgers waiting for you!

Soap

Quote from: "dagobert"Anyone knows when Fuente del Oro is open? The last two times we have been to DLRP it was closed, is it only opened in the high season? My girlfriend (a veggie) would love to eat veggie fajitas, at least something different from all those burgers and pizzas... :D
I'm wondering if it will be hard for her to find good food, we are spoiled from Disney World, where everywhere are veggie-burgers waiting for you!

At our last visit (3 - 6 april) it was open, i think, but only until 16:00 or 17:00.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Nala_84

Dagobert, at WDW they have Veggie burgers everywhere?? I want them, too :mrgreen:

My boyfriend and I, both Veggies, had the Vegetable Fajitas at Fuente del Oro too last September. They were good, but we also had tastier food elsewhere. But I liked the onion rings and the guacamole, we also bought nachos because they didn't have the salad anymore...

[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

dagobert

Nala, die Veggie-Burger in WDW sind echt gut. Schmeckten auch mir als Nicht-Veggie.  :D
Danke für das Bild, die Onion Rings sehen sehr gut aus, und ist das Gemüse die Füllung für die Veggie Fajitas? Ich glaube das könnte meiner Freundin und mir schmecken.  :)
Wir hoffen, dass das Agrabah Cafe offen ist, wir mögen orientalische Küche sehr gerne.

Soap

Quote from: "dagobert"Nala, the Veggie Burger in WDW are genuinly good. Tasted also to me as not Veggie. Does the Onion of ring thank looks very good, and is the vegetable the filling for the Veggie Fajitas for the picture? I believe that could to my friend and me taste. We hope that the Agrabah is open cafe, we like eastern kitchen very gladly.
Translated with babelfish

Not to sound as a moderator, but could you please keep it in the boards main language (english) or give a translation with your post?

Thanks  :wink:

edit:
Food suggestion: I lovely the ceasar salad @ Cafe Mickey's!!  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

dagobert

Ooops, I'm very sorry, I was completely unaware about that. I know that Nala is from Germany, and in the excitement about the food I forgot about writing in English. Sorry about that, won't happen again!  :oops:

Nala_84

Haha don't worry Soap, he didn't say anything bad, he just told me how tasty the veggie brugers in WDW are and so ;)! But I understand what you mean, it's daily the same in the city where I live - many of the citizens are Turkish and talk turkish the whole day, so that I feel like a stranger in our "own" country  :?

dagobert, yes right, that's the vegetables you can fill the wraps with, you also get guacamole and five or six (really tasty) onion rings with it :)!
Oh yeah, we also hope that the Agrabah Café is open during our next visit (Christmas Season), we've never been there before but always wanted to eat there, raptor f.e. said that the veggie food there shall be great :)!
And maybe I'll be able to visit WDW one day, then I'll surely try the burgers :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

dagobert

Thanks Nala. The food looks really delicious. Did anyone of you already try the new Agrabah Cafe?

experiment627

Quote from: "dagobert"Thanks Nala. The food looks really delicious. Did anyone of you already try the new Agrabah Cafe?

Been there twice. Really good food. I loved the couscous. The kebab is also not too bad... and for dessert they have these great oriental treats... layout of the buffet sucks about, though.

But it's definitely my favourite buffet restaurant at DLRP right now!

Also: try the mint tea... delicious!

dagobert

Thanks for the review. I like couscous a lot and I will try the mint tea. I hope it is open when we are there. Do you remember what you paid for the buffet, was there a drink included?

experiment627

Quote from: "dagobert"Thanks for the review. I like couscous a lot and I will try the mint tea. I hope it is open when we are there. Do you remember what you paid for the buffet, was there a drink included?

I think it was 21 Euros, excluding drinks... but I could be mistaken

dagobert

For all who are interested in the menues of all restaurants of Disneyland Resort Paris, I have posted a link in the "weblinks section" of this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4572

You can find the menues under the "Dining at Disneyland Paris" section. This website covers all Disney Parks around the world.

never2old

Quote from: "dagobert"Thanks Nala. The food looks really delicious. Did anyone of you already try the new Agrabah Cafe?

I went for the 1st time in March, I loved it! Has to be one of my favourites. It was fairly quiet, so no queues for the really nice food, and the place itself is beautiful. Will definitely go back there!!

I'm also a fan of the Blue Lagoon, although last time I went there the service was awfully slow, we spent almost 2 hours in the restaurant!!

I only went there once but Walts was also really good. We had a late (very late) lunch and we saw the start of the parade from our table.

I really like the buffet services, it's a much nicer experience (much better than queuing for ever to get a crappy burger), the food is good and you can still have a quick lunch!! (quicker than in the a la carte restaurants, at least).

Finally the California Grill in the Disney Hotel, if you don't mind spending quite a bit for your meal, is wonderful. I've had dinner there twice (never tried it during the day, don't even know if they're open), and after a long, tiring day, it's just perfect. Food is delicious, service is good, and it's just wonderfully quiet!! Wouldn't go there with kids, though...