Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lorrig

Right. I can see where Timmy Timmy Timmy is coming from in terms of cost of DLRP in comparison to other Disney parks. I priced a  stay in the DH for low season in November. Now including flights ( we live in Scotland so flights are the only realistic choice we have) it came to well over 2000 pounds -not including food for 6 nights. The NYH was just below the 2000 pounds. Now, we could get a package deal to Florida,  admittedly not staying in a Disney hotel, for about the same price, but with a 2 year old child, we will leave this until she is a bit older.
In the end we are staying in a partner hotel off site.
I am looking forward to seeing what TSL has to offer. We are taking our 2 year old for ther second time, and found last year that there wasn't a huge amount for little tots in WDS. Now I think she will still only be able to ride on one of the rides but it's still something.
I think TTT that maybe you are not really the target audience that Disney has aimed for with this land.
I say this with the greatest respect, because yes you do have a lot of experience of Disney Parks, but Walt wanted Disney parks to be for everyone - all inclusive, that means new fans as well as old. And also you look a bit scary in your photo - but in a nice way! :lol:

-breeno-

I think the Rex looks well, gives the area more of a Toy Story identity in a way.  Anyone know what size the statue is?

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"I have already stated that some of my very favorite rides of all Disney rides are in WDS... I saw a picture of Rex. Everybody semed to love it and getting excited about it. To me it was just a boring statue. I will visit TSPL and if the wait is under 15 minutes I will go on the rides. But it will be a once in a lifetime thing. "Been there done that" is a phrase that suits the land of toys in... the movie studio park.
So the Sorcerer's Apprentice in Front Lot is just a boring statue?  As is the Disney Legends statue in Fantasia Gardens? ;)  See what I mean?

Also if you want a 15 minute or less queue time you'll be lucky if you're visiting anytime soon after opening.  It's obvious that these rides are going to eat up the guests because they're new.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "-breeno-"I think the Rex looks well, gives the area more of a Toy Story identity in a way.  Anyone know what size the statue is?

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"I have already stated that some of my very favorite rides of all Disney rides are in WDS... I saw a picture of Rex. Everybody semed to love it and getting excited about it. To me it was just a boring statue. I will visit TSPL and if the wait is under 15 minutes I will go on the rides. But it will be a once in a lifetime thing. "Been there done that" is a phrase that suits the land of toys in... the movie studio park.
So the Sorcerer's Apprentice in Front Lot is just a boring statue?  As is the Disney Legends statue in Fantasia Gardens? ;)  See what I mean?

Also if you want a 15 minute or less queue time you'll be lucky if you're visiting anytime soon after opening.  It's obvious that these rides are going to eat up the guests because they're new.

If you compare Mickey Mouse to Rex... then you donĀ“t have a clue about what is Disney.

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "lorrig"Right. I can see where Timmy Timmy Timmy is coming from in terms of cost of DLRP in comparison to other Disney parks. I priced a  stay in the DH for low season in November. Now including flights ( we live in Scotland so flights are the only realistic choice we have) it came to well over 2000 pounds -not including food for 6 nights. The NYH was just below the 2000 pounds. Now, we could get a package deal to Florida,  admittedly not staying in a Disney hotel, for about the same price, but with a 2 year old child, we will leave this until she is a bit older.
In the end we are staying in a partner hotel off site.
I am looking forward to seeing what TSL has to offer. We are taking our 2 year old for ther second time, and found last year that there wasn't a huge amount for little tots in WDS. Now I think she will still only be able to ride on one of the rides but it's still something.
I think TTT that maybe you are not really the target audience that Disney has aimed for with this land.
I say this with the greatest respect, because yes you do have a lot of experience of Disney Parks, but Walt wanted Disney parks to be for everyone - all inclusive, that means new fans as well as old. And also you look a bit scary in your photo - but in a nice way! :lol:

Only 2 of the three rides are for children. Who is the target? Kidds, teens, their parents or just Toylovers?
Seriously... the target is the same as for these places (and that sure is not me):

What do you guys say about these places huh? You gotta love em;)

davewasbaloo

Shudder. Having walked around all three, shudder.

Flick's is the least loatheful of them. But these are definately the worst of Disney.
since 2001 (many before that)

Anthony

Ok you two, I think we get the idea now.

We're three weeks from opening, so forgive some people if they seem a little over-enthusiastic. Why not just let the dust settle and come back after opening, rather than trying to overstate how bad something is which most people haven't seen yet?

Anthony

DLP.info posted some new photos, if you'd like to spoil the surprise: http://www.dlp.info/News/2010/08/step-i ... -playland/

davewasbaloo

I will refrain from replying
since 2001 (many before that)

EmilieK

I hope those light's actually work.

DisneyMAD..Woops

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"jelouse
* Jealous :-"
August 1997 - Off Site
August 1998 - Cheyenne
May 1999 - Disneyland Hotel
July 2004 - Cheyenne
August 2007 - Off Site
August 2010 - Santa Fe
August 2011 - Santa Fe
September 2015 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest

Disneydavid

Way awesome!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

pussinboots

For what it is, it looks okay, even very good. It's clear that they have this oversized toy thing down (they've had plenty of practice I suppose).

I like the type of greenery they've used behind all the K'NEX-style railing... It really does look like oversized grass, and should help to distract from the bamboo, which doesn't really look like grass, of course.

I also think it looks far better than Flik's Fun Fair, simply because the plasticky, static nature of toys lends itself better for this type of land than all that flora and fauna from A Bug's Life. Oversized Tinkertoys look a lot more believable than oversized clovers. Besides, it's fun Americana.

So (somewhat reluctant) thumbs up from me. I just wish there was some reason to go there other than to look at the scenery.

I wonder what the area loop sounds like?

Tuvok

This actualy looks good. Very well themed. Can't wait to see the rides themselves!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Martyn

Hmmm...I dont like the domino's, or the K-nex fencing much.

Anthony

These photos have me genuinely quite excited (like Pussinboots, "for what it is"). Perhaps the angles are quite forgiving, but it seems like you can't even tell you're in the same park. Stand anywhere else in the Studios and you can see every other attraction straight away. Here you're finally lost inside a single, totally convincing theme.

I like how the "dirt" ground continues throughout the area and beyond the paths (see the giant Luxo Jr ball) - the barriers are stuck in it like sticks in sand, there's no noticeable edge to the path. It's also nice to see the subtle changes in elevation which make a massive difference to the feeling of any land.

Is the area loop taken from the Midway Mania queue by any chance? Does that have a suitable loop?