Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TowMater

Quote from: "Tuvok"...photos...

This actualy looks good. Very well themed. Can't wait to see the rides themselves!

Wow! This does like a good place, I thought it would be tacky but Disney proved me wrong.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

CafeFantasia

It all looks very high quality. Lots of attention to detail. I'm really looking forward to seeing it in person. Does anyone know, will it be open next Tuesday (10th August 2010)?

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "Alan"It all looks very high quality. Lots of attention to detail. I'm really looking forward to seeing it in person. Does anyone know, will it be open next Tuesday (10th August 2010)?

I thought I just stop writing in this thread... but I just have to ask WHAT is "very high quality" about it? If this is "very high quality" then what is everything else that is better? It does not have alot detail at all, looks very cheap and simple... a green shed. Explain what is great about it and I will shut up. I truly do not undertand how a simple and cheap structure like that can be anything else aweful.

Please donĀ“t write that "we know you hate it get over it"
Everytime a new picture comes up most of you writes the same things all over, just like me.

Anthony

I'm amazed there are no ugly loose wires or loudspeakers in that queue line (a la Cars, Crush and Carpets). Good news! Now if only WDI could be allowed to go back and tidy up those other queues.

Having Brio (wooden railway) track as curved benches is just inspired.

I'd completely forgotten that even existed, but I've got a whole box somewhere. Even a wooden Eurostar, long before I was catching the train to DLP! This is at least fulfilling one Walt quote - that one about taking you back to your childhood and "a clean, unspoilt place deep down inside all of us"... can't remember it exactly. It's fun for kids and nostalgic for adults, anyway.

Clara2141

I love the k'nex and the Biro train track - it really does look like my playroom as a child
Sequoia Lodge - July 1997
Santa Fe - July 2001
Day Trip - Sept 2009
Cheyenne - Feb 2010

Santa Fe - Nov 2010
Santa Fe - Feb 2011

I\'ve imagined being here like this so many times before, reaching out to take your hand as the butterflies in me soar

DopeyDad

TTT, I think Alan is referring to the full DLPinfo article here;

http://www.dlp.info/News/2010/08/the-to ... -close-up/

you probably won't like anything in it, but thats up to you whether you want to go there. I'd love to hear anything new you have to say about it though.

I think the article shows some really nice touches myself, the train track seats look great and dealing with any spoils like air con etc are also just what the area needed.

Tuvok

@ davewasbaloo:

Last time I checked, this wasn't the tripreport section. I'm getting a bit tired of this TSP bashing all the time. WE GET IT. You don't like it and think 'Disney lost their way' and 'they used to be the best' and all those other one-liners you post every half hour. Maybe you can leave this topic alone if the only thing you're posting is negative comments about everything regarding TSP? Expressing your opion is the sole purpose of a forum, but you made your point now way too often. Thank you.

@ TimmyTimmyTimmy:

"I thought I just stop writing in this thread..."

That's a very good idea. See comment above.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Adam

Having seen the pictures, the theming of the land is excellent and those extra touches will make it a really interesting area to walk around.

With regards to the negative comments, perhaps another thread with them and any future ones can be created?

davewasbaloo

Maybe we post our disdain because we too are mortified by the happy clappy approach where people are fawning over this rubbish over and over again. The trip report was to exemplify the contrast of another (VERY SIMILAR) area in another park that is very comparible. The difference is that park does not consider itself to be world class and charge a king's ransom for people to go.

Maybe you can leave this topic alone if all you want to do is post glowing reviews. My opinion is just as valid as yours and so is Timmy Timmy Timmy's. Maybe you can leave this topic alone if the only thing you're posting is positive comments about everything regarding TSP? Expressing opinions is the point of this forum, but the people that love it have made their points now way too often. Thank you.
since 2001 (many before that)

claire2281

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"It does not have alot detail at all, looks very cheap and simple... a green shed. Explain what is great about it and I will shut up. I truly do not undertand how a simple and cheap structure like that can be anything else aweful.

Have you ever actually watched Toy Story? The colour pallet and style of the film is very bold and simple, fitting in with the simple toy theme. Anything overly complicated in the styling here would have been totally wrong.

Maybe you're too in love with the older style Fantasyland like Disney to see this but Toy Story is a COMPLETELY different style to the old school films. The more I see of the TSPL pictures, the more I think they have caught this style brilliantly.

Just because it isn't to your taste, doesn't mean it is bad. Toy Story is massively popular (the third film is about to break into the top 10 of all time for box office receipts, I expect it will be easily in the top 5). Disney would have been utter fools to ignore Pixar's genius franchise and it seems they've really done it justice.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Adam"With regards to the negative comments, perhaps another thread with them and any future ones can be created?

Why? Is this not a discussiong thread about TSP opening on the 17th Aug?

tubbsy

We're sinking back to where we were before guys-everyone is entitled to our opinion. I actually think that the green army men pic is a bit ..... m'eh really, whereas the rest of it looks fab. My opinion.

As Anthony said its great to see care has been taken to cover up wires n piping, great to see this touch as I thought that this was a real let down in other queue areas inWDS. I dont know if flying carpets has changed since we were last there but I hope so because I thought it was pretty awful-very bare and a real add on-I'll see in a few weeks if its changed.
I love the seating very clever :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

davewasbaloo

You will hopefully be very pleased with the carpets Tubbsy, on the front side are palm trees and arabian lights now.

davewasbaloo

One positive thing I will say about this land (besides the introduction of needed greenery), is that it does what it says on the tin. It does look like a giant kid has been playing and using other bits of toys and junk to create a play set scene.

Adam

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "Adam"With regards to the negative comments, perhaps another thread with them and any future ones can be created?

Why? Is this not a discussing thread about TSP opening on the 17th Aug?

Because, evidently, some people do not like the negative comments and equally, some don't like the positive ones. Whilst this is obviously the case in a lot of topics, this one is very polar and it would resolve any problems.

However, as I can evidently see within a short time of me posting this, people are already against the idea! Therefore, please ignore me - I shouldn't have bothered!