Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I don't know how long it is (needs to be 1hr+ for a land I guess), but the Midway Mania loop would work well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cin0pPIjUkg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6enfKU8t1ok

It's luckily not as frenetic as I thought.

-breeno-

Quote from: "Martyn"Hmmm...I dont like the domino's, or the K-nex fencing much.
Really?  I think it looks good.  Like said before the bright colours and plasticky feel works well for something like Toy Story.  All the greenery looks great too, like Anthony said the high 'grass' creates a secluded feel to area which is something you can't find anywhere in WDS yet.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

pussinboots

Quote from: "Anthony"I don't know how long it is (needs to be 1hr+ for a land I guess), but the Midway Mania loop would work well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cin0pPIjUkg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6enfKU8t1ok

It's luckily not as frenetic as I thought.

I was just about to link to those... That would work for me. Mercifully free of Randy Newman, as well.

Elsewhere in the park, the music never quite matches its surroundings (lovely Alan Menken music filling an asphalt concourse, etc.), or there's something spoiling the immersion (even at the Tower of Terror.) Toy Story Playland should provide a welcome change there...

CafeFantasia

It's a thumbs up from me.

It looks immersive, colourful, fun, warm and consistent. If you think of it as a brother of A Bug's Land, and not the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, it's quite satisfying. You have to remember that it's been designed as a small-ish area for kids, and not as some mega attraction for grown-ups. It's definitely got the Disney quality, in terms of details and theming. You wouldn't find this at Thorpe Park.

Columbiad

I think it looks brilliant. A breath of fresh air for the Studios Park.

luke85

I like the look of this :) Can't wait to see it in person now!

disneylandparisgirl

Looks better than I thought it would :)

The themeing looks very good and its nice to see an area of WDS thats main feature is not concrete!  :thumbs:

I'm there on the 17th and 18th so I will try to take in lots of details!
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
May 1999 Disneyland hotel
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe
September 2015 Sequoia Lodge

Tuvok

The Disney & more blog confirms that TSP will feature a small merchandise shop and a quick service location for drinks. It's located at the exit towards Ratatouille.

"Guests will then exit TSP walking through a blue monkey barrel - in fact the monkeys are hanged outside the barrel. The top of the barrel is located nearby and inside guests will find a merchandise shop as well as cool drinks ."

Source: Disney and more
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

15MagicalYears

I hope the area-loop makes you feel like your in the garden.
With the sound of insects, lawn mowers, maybe the odd dog bark, birds chirping and even maybe a wind chime?

claire2281

Loving those pictures - the attention to detail looks spot on, particularly the Luxo ball and the giant Andy's footprint :D
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "DisneyMAD..Woops"
Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"jelouse
* Jealous :-"
whatEVER

tubbsy

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"
Quote from: "DisneyMAD..Woops"
Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"jelouse
* Jealous :-"
whatEVER
:lol: Sorry impolite of me to laugh, but thought that was a cracking response.
 Cant wait to see it for myself, it is looking good :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

toritinker

wow loving the new photos, so bright and cheery!
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

davewasbaloo

.....................................stretch..........................................yawn.............................vomit
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

A little more constructive, I hate to say it, but for those of you that do not consider alternative parks, you might want to check out the comparible Wild Asia section at Chessington World of Adventures. Still nothing to get overly excited about, but it is a better quality (having walked through both areas).

We we decided last Wednasday to surprise the kids with a trip to Chessington World of Adventures using our Merlin Annual Passes (so far we have saved £1550 - $2330 using them, bargain).

We arrived a little after 11, after a slow start with heavy traffic, an hour after opening. We started with a meander through Hocus Pocus Hall, a child friendly, 3D horror maze, where the Imps come alive. It is like a good old fashioned fun house with air cannons to surprise, things that jump and a mirror maze. Mikey loved it, and sadly, Jessica is still scared of it.

We then let the kids do some kiddy rides like the berry bounce while I made some work calls. I have a new potential opportunity only 40 miles from our house, and another in Sub Saharan Africa.

Then into the new Area Wild Asia. This is excellent, and feels like a slightly cheaper version of Disney's Animal Kingdom. Although the rides and theming got thumbs up, it was the ability to feed the lorikeets and the interactive talking tree that really got the kids' (and daddy's attention). We had a really great time here. Being in Wild Asia, Duck Hoi Sin Noodles and sweet and Sour chicken with spring rolls were the order of the day for lunch. What is scary is it is superior to the new TSPL. I don't know what universe we are in, but Disney used to be the very best.

After lunch it was on to the Pirate Ship (the kids wanted to sit at the back, and Jess, being 5, got some killer air time, i had to hold her down), a trip through the lovely Bubbleworks dark ride (not as great as it used to be sadly, but still fun) and the kids were finally big enough (and daddy small enough - I would have not fit on last time I was here) to all ride the Vampire as a family. This was the UK's first suspended coaster, and though there are no inversions, this one packs a punch. The kids loved it (we thought they might be a bit nervous, but it became their favorite attraction - along with feeding the birds).

We then enjoyed a monorail ride over the animal enclosures, followed by a trip through the Tomb Blaster. This used to be a wonderful darkride, almost of the quality in some ways as the indy dark ride in Calfiornia. Sadly, even before Disney got the bug, they decided to make this another lame lazer tag ride (an excuse for reduced maintenance of the AA's if you ask me). It is still fun, but nowhere near as much as it used to be. Half way in line, Jess needed the loo (although she did, it turned out to be an excuse, she did not want to tell Daddy the ride scares her - lol), Mikey and I had fun.

Then it was off on the Runaway mine train, a dinner of Fajitas, Tacos, Spicy Wedges and nachos for dinner, then a trek around to see some of the animals.

I am really impressed with the Savannah behind the Holiday Inn, it now means we have something like Animal Kingdom lodge on our door step. Ok, it is only 5 zebra and 2 scimitar oryx, but still for a place that costs a fraction and has better service than AKL, this is cool.

At 6:30 we had to say goodbye after the park closed, and founght our way for near 3 hours to drive the 82 miles home. Sadly there was a major accident coupled with significant roadwarks.

I used to be very impressed with Chessington in the past, and with the new Wild Asia section and the excellent zoo work near the hotel that emerged this year, I am really excited about what the future brings.

//http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=188442&id=744599997&l=afffd3a3da
since 2001 (many before that)