Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

Do they have flying Elephants?
Ed & David

MattyD24

Quote from: "disneylandparisgirl"The other thing you need to remember is that not everyone is able to fly (medical reasons) and so dlrp is the ONLY disney park available to them!

i forgot about that, if you can't fly, you could do

1. cross channel ferry, i have done twice in 96, 99
2. drive over and use the Euro Tunnel service, where you drive your car on the train, which we did in 05
3. Eurostar, which my sister did back in June

Disneyland Paris
Disney\'s Hotel Santa Fe 1996, 1999, 2005
Davy Crockett Ranch 2011?

Walt Disney World Resort Florida
Off-Site 2002, 2008

Clara2141

Quote from: "disneylandparisgirl"My town gets a funfair visit the town centre twice a year no rides like TSPL but there is a carrousel!
Yes - at ours we have a ride like the Dumbo Elephants too, normally in the shape of planes - nothing like TSPL though. Unless you count the 50p kiddie rides at the supermarket. I think I have seen a Toy Story themed one before - maybe that's the mix up?

I hate flying so Eurostar is a life savour.
Sequoia Lodge - July 1997
Santa Fe - July 2001
Day Trip - Sept 2009
Cheyenne - Feb 2010

Santa Fe - Nov 2010
Santa Fe - Feb 2011

I\'ve imagined being here like this so many times before, reaching out to take your hand as the butterflies in me soar

disneylandparisgirl

Quote from: "ed-uk"Do they have flying Elephants?

Sadly no they did bring something similar to the teacups once though!  ;)

But sadly they both lacked the disney magic but thats what we go to dlrp for simple rides with added magic and disney themeing!
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
May 1999 Disneyland hotel
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe
September 2015 Sequoia Lodge

ed-uk

That's what it's all about, the Disney magic. That's why we go.
Ed & David

Clara2141

Quote from: "ed-uk"That's what it's all about, the Disney magic. That's why we go.
Exactly - every time I go to a Disney Park I have a few tears in my eyes when I see the castle from the top of Main Street.

I'm really looking forward to the Parachute Drop - we planed this trip specifically so the land would be open.
Sequoia Lodge - July 1997
Santa Fe - July 2001
Day Trip - Sept 2009
Cheyenne - Feb 2010

Santa Fe - Nov 2010
Santa Fe - Feb 2011

I\'ve imagined being here like this so many times before, reaching out to take your hand as the butterflies in me soar

toritinker

timmy thinks we will be jealous when he goes to DisneySea? hmmm NO.
But I think you will be jealous timmy when we all enjoy our selves on our well deserved holidays and you there tuting and sighing.
If you can't be a bit nicer to people and respect their opinions, I wish you would stop posting and leave the forum alone!!!!!!

I wish we had TSPL in shopping acardes lmao.... if only!!!
x
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

tubbsy

Ah but thats the thing isnt it Tori? We can get all exited about our trips because we dont have anything like it in the Uk :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

DopeyDad

no half pipes in Norwich Castle Mall either I'm afraid.
As for price we only went to DLRP the first time becasue we could get there for under £200 and we've been lucky enough to take the family to DLRP once a year ever since (love Eurostar :D/ ). There's no way on earth we can afford long enough to make the trip worthwhile if we were going to US or Japan. It's great for anyone to love a Disneyland park, wherever it is in the world, but for me Tokyo, Florida or LA are just too far away for us to do. Maybe in the future, we'll be able to save for a dream holiday but then I think Florida would probably be our preferred destination on the whole, DisneySEA looks wonderful but Florida would offer more to us if we're going on a once in lifetime holiday. And of course we love DLRP which feels like 'our' park and our children have bother grown up going there the same as some Americans grew up going to the US parks. So I guess TSPL is an addition to a park that we can go to and for us at least the choice of attractions and theming looks like it will be a whole lot of fun. WDS has slowly become a better and better park for us over the past 5 years and some of our best days have been spent there, and I hope many more to come.
TSPL is neither the best thing since sliced bread, nor the end of the world, but I think we'll be enjoying stepping through Andy's backyard when we're there for Halloween.  :D

DopeyDad

Tom Morrow posted this on DisneyCentral Plaza, I'm afraid its a google translation so the English gets a bit wierd but you can tell he's walked through the area pretty much operational and his impression at least seems very good.

"Hello everyone!

I'm also going to write you the record of this memorable day!

When we visited the future land, I could not help thinking: where do we? I had just spent a few hours before coming to WDS and go to Playland Park made me forget that I was in the Studios! The immersion is total, details abound and give a real impression of having been shrunk to the size of a toy.

During the visit, I discovered the new attractions:
Starting Parachute Drop I was surprised how fast is the attraction! I found the climb fairly toned and descents as well, but it has nothing to do with TOT and I am convinced that most young people will be happy to make a free fall "soft". We then visited the queue even if there is a deja vu (Crush is not far) with the first coverage area (plate), the desired immersion provides a different feeling: "small" green men are everywhere, they work and train ... you really feel in a military camp! Again, one discovers there are many details and you quickly realize that this toy Andy: there are a patchwork across the aspect of "plastic" but as it is predominantly the Searched mind: one is inside.
Zig Zag Tour Spin: We have not visited the queue. However, what we have seen, it is also rich in details and decorative elements! And when you approach the attraction, it is still massive and impressive (even more head and tail of Zig-Zag). It is true that the carnival spirit prevails in this attraction, but the theme, decorative objects and toys allow employees to create a warm and reassuring.
Finally, we have seen RC Racer: it's great! That is big! That is exciting! See the foot of the circuit, we feel that it still breath away (and even our guide confirmed). And then, what is striking is the queue: I am so long! But a simple line of barriers as Studio Tram Tour or cattle as a park for Armageddon, but a line winding, tortuous, taking a tour of toy cars (ah, my childhood moving back up ...) With plastic barriers, small pylons and light rail pieces as a real track! illusion is bluffing! As previously stated in another trip report, set pieces will be added and we had seen that part. The line covered, it is more conventional in its presentation, however, the walls are arranged to cut parts of toys (you know, the plastic sheets with your toy room up then!)
Regarding the vehicle itself, I will not say much for the surprise, but believe me, it's worth checking out!

More generally: the music was in operation during our visit, I could listen to tracks that passed and the atmosphere is truly Toy Story! It is indeed a full loop, which is different from the rest of Toon Studios! Friends fans, prick up your ears!

In conclusion, the visit reinforced my feelings have me on Playland: it will not be a simple extension as another, but rather a place apart. You can feel the true Imagineering, that makes you say "Wow" when you arrive, and makes you nostalgic when you leave! Find all the toys (including some of my childhood) made me nostalgic and I can not wait: they can not return, settle on a bench (also themed some type of wooden toys ), soak up the atmosphere and dream! Music with lights, everything is done to make you feel at home, whether one is long! And above all, the amount of detail that it will take some time to all visitors (and fans) to discover all.
Disney will strike a blow! Go ahead find Toy Story Playland, it's worth its weight in real coppers and become a staple of our Studios.
I think, without going too far, that we will finally have a complete fleet 2nd! And yet, even if some do not say , Beautiful things will happen!

The toys are taking over and so much more! Here Tom Morrow, the studios you ....!"

:P got to love google translate haven't you!

ed-uk

Thanks for posting. I've not read a bad revue on TSPL. Even Disney and More spoke well of it, and he has studied Disney themeing. He wrote the best book ever on DLP. If he had thought it rubbish he would have said so.
Ed & David

tubbsy

Great translation and good to hear positives about the area :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

DLP-Photos.com

I have just returned from DLP and here are my updated views on Toy Story Playland (bad in red and positive in green):

- I got to ride Crush - for me the negative development started with the Toon Studio addition. Crush is really great fun, but what does it have to with a studio. I did not see ONE studio reference in that attractions and I do not see this in TSPL either I'm afraid.

- The capacity of the rides. Crush was almost impossible to ride if you didn't ride it 9.45 as we did 3 mornings in a row. I can fear the same happening to especially RC Racer which will attract some of the european thrill seekers.

- I for one do not like the giant Buzz or Rex - that are just a bit too much for me + they and the many details of the land, which has to be colorful to be effictive, will require immersive refurbishing on a regular basis. Will this money be taken from refurbishing beautiful sights like Captain Hooks Ship, Main Street U.S.A or Fantasyland? I hope not.

- I am sure the rides will be popular with a lot of people no matter if they are american, asian, african or european. There are different kind of guests in a Disneyland park. (On my latest trip with my friend, he was mostly into the thrills while I love the traditional Disney attractions - we taught each other something of each parts and had a blast.) And please remember that the money is the same to Disney whether it comes from a passionate fan for 50 years or a newborn fan on his/her first trip. Let's just hope that this money will put into good use - for instance a mindblowing unique Ratatouille attraction, The Little Mermaid or something only the guys at WDI can come up with.

- The greenery - almost any greenery put into WDS is a plus in my book.

- If the feeling of being shrunk into the size of a toy is as impressive as stated by some witnesses it could prove to be a stroke - a small one though - of magic that will put this above things like Midway Mania, Fliks and Dinorama, although not as good as Mermaid Lagoon.

No matter what: one addition will not make me ignore or stay away from DLP. Is THAT what Walt would want? That you stay away from old, classic attractions (Pirates (the only without Jack S), Phantom Manor, BTM, Swiss Family Robinson Tree (not Tarzan), it's a small world) or new attractions that has the finesse, character and imagination that Walt admired and gave the world (Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Cinémagique and Moteurs, Action...)

Hell, no... I have a fear of flying and I do not want to miss out on true Imagineering magic just because of one questionable addition.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Martyn

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"...and the Rex statue does not impress me.

Of course it wouldn't, you're too ignorant. Even if something with this did impress you, you wouldn't be able to admit it because how much you've slated this development. That my friend is called being ignorant.

I suspect we shall never be seeing you in TSPL?

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "Martyn"
Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"...and the Rex statue does not impress me.

Of course it wouldn't, you're too ignorant. Even if something with this did impress you, you wouldn't be able to admit it because how much you've slated this development. That my friend is called being ignorant.

I suspect we shall never be seeing you in TSPL?

I have already stated that some of my very favorite rides of all Disney rides are in WDS... I saw a picture of Rex. Everybody semed to love it and getting excited about it. To me it was just a boring statue. I will visit TSPL and if the wait is under 15 minutes I will go on the rides. But it will be a once in a lifetime thing. "Been there done that" is a phrase that suits the land of toys in... the movie studio park.

There is no need for you to be rude calling me ignorant. Would an ignorant person be impressed by a carnival fair? I chose my pleasures in life very carefully. I have been the most negative person on this site when it come sto TSPL. But I never sank as low as pointing out personal things and calling people names.