Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

Tubbsy, the vast majority of British people who want to go on a Disney holiday go to DLP or WDW, they don't go to Japan for it. Like you we are also taking advantage of the 40% off and going to DLP in November for Disney's Bonfire night. If Timmy Timmy Timmy likes DisneySea the best then he has to go to Japan for it, and that's it. EuroDisney never promised us DisneySea in Europe. For anybody who knows the history of EuroDisney they will know that the second park was always going to be a studios. The Studios has started off small because when DLP first opened it lost a lot of money. I'm sure you will find much to enjoy in TSPL.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

And to be fair, the original plan for the Studios was not that much grander than what we actually got.
since 2001 (many before that)

CafeFantasia

Quote from: "ed-uk"The Studios has started off small because when DLP first opened it lost a lot of money.

That's not strictly true, is it. Disneyland Park was always a success. It was the seven resort hotels, which had very low occupancy rates, that lost the Resort as a whole "a lot of money".

ed-uk

No I'm sorry Alan it is true, EuroDisney lost a lot of money. The theme park was popular but the resort lost money. They have six big hotels and they were expensive, they still are. So they should have built less hotels. It doesn't matter, the project was not a financial success. So when they opened their second park, it wasn't going to be on the scale of DisneySea.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

Hence some of my replies about the market, expectations and behaviours. I adore DLP. But I do wonder whether it should have been built in the first place.
since 2001 (many before that)

ed-uk

Well they did build it, and I'm very glad they did. It gives me the chance to go to Disneyland every year, which I couldn't have done otherwise. I think they've tried to make the hotels cheaper. When we first went we could only stay at the Santa Fe, now we've tried them all and have taken advantage of their offers over the years.
Ed & David

TimmyTimmyTimmy

What I ment was that Paris is an expensive city. Everyday items are alot cheaper in Japan. I am from Sweden and for someone in the Scandinavian region and many other places in Europe it could be just as expensive/cheap all in all for a visit in Tokyo Disney as Paris Disney...

When it comes to coments like that if I like DisneySEA so much why don´t I go there, all I can say is:

I will go there and you can be jelouse of it.

Enjoy TSPL! haha

...and the Rex statue does not impress me.

ed-uk

Good Timmy Timmy Timmy, you come from Sweden and can go to DisneySea. But I for one don't feel jealous. It's up to you. And it's up to me. I'm surprised you don't post on a DisneySea Fan forum. Maybe it hasn't got one?
Ed & David

MattyD24

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"But I do wonder whether it should have been built in the first place.

well i'm partly glad we got DLP, in the end, for those us who can't afford to go to the other parks around the globe, all we have to do is save a bit of cash, and hop over the channel, into france  :D

Disneyland Paris
Disney\'s Hotel Santa Fe 1996, 1999, 2005
Davy Crockett Ranch 2011?

Walt Disney World Resort Florida
Off-Site 2002, 2008

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "ed-uk"Good Timmy Timmy Timmy, you come from Sweden and can go to DisneySea. But I for one don't feel jealous. It's up to you. And it's up to me. I'm surprised you don't post on a DisneySea Fan forum. Maybe it hasn't got one?

and?

Did you find anything bad about the fact that I simply stated that the same money can take a person sooo much further?

Doesn´t UK have malls with the TSPL rides in them?

Clara2141

Quote from: "MattyD24"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"But I do wonder whether it should have been built in the first place.

well i'm partly glad we got DLP, in the end, for those us who can't afford to go to the other parks around the globe, all we have to do is save a bit of cash, and hop over the channel, into france  :D
Very true - our trip this November is costing us £400 - that's Eurostar, 2 nights at the hotel, breakfast, a Travelodge plus breakfast there the night before we travel and our park entry. Right now I can't afford £2,000 plus food etc for a holiday to Florida - as much as I love it there.

One day we will go to the states - right now Paris is quick, convenient and a lot less hassle and money. Get on a train, get off a train, go to park. There are aspects of DLRP that I prefer to Disney World too.
Sequoia Lodge - July 1997
Santa Fe - July 2001
Day Trip - Sept 2009
Cheyenne - Feb 2010

Santa Fe - Nov 2010
Santa Fe - Feb 2011

I\'ve imagined being here like this so many times before, reaching out to take your hand as the butterflies in me soar

disneylandparisgirl

The other thing you need to remember is that not everyone is able to fly (medical reasons) and so dlrp is the ONLY disney park available to them!
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
May 1999 Disneyland hotel
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe
September 2015 Sequoia Lodge

Clara2141

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"Doesn´t UK have malls with the TSPL rides in them?

No - our shopping centres do not. At least my town does not. Or the next town. If they did I think it would make a great improvement from the empty shops/pound shops.
Sequoia Lodge - July 1997
Santa Fe - July 2001
Day Trip - Sept 2009
Cheyenne - Feb 2010

Santa Fe - Nov 2010
Santa Fe - Feb 2011

I\'ve imagined being here like this so many times before, reaching out to take your hand as the butterflies in me soar

ed-uk

Timmy Timmy Timmy, I don't know of any malls in the UK with rides like TSPL in them.
Ed & David

disneylandparisgirl

My town gets a funfair visit the town centre twice a year no rides like TSPL but there is a carrousel!
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
May 1999 Disneyland hotel
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe
September 2015 Sequoia Lodge