Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic

Started by Kristof, December 07, 2007, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

penfold12

Does anyone know where the road will be re routed to? Can anyone put it on a map?

Kristof

It will take over the left corner, so it's just making a bend.

bigrossco

so not much of a change then lol
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

RnRCj

From WDSfans:

Quote from: "WDSfans"Several members on Disney Central Plaza forum report that the Studio Tram Tour is using its new road as off Friday 13 March. The new route goes through the forest and takes the trams by the Dinotopia set and Catastrophe Canyon, but skips the Pearl Harbour set and the Costuming Building.

Currently, there are no props along the new road in the forest.

I didn't realise it would be finished this quickly! I've got a horrible feeling though that the new route will look really rushed - it only seems like a few weeks ago that the area just a pile of dirt.

Hopefully we'll see some pictures or videos soon. :)

The Butlin Boy

Although I'm over the moon to hear that there is a lot of progress going on, I can't help but get the feeling that there isn't going to be a lot to see on the STT, especially now they've taken Pearl Harbour and the Costuming dept out of the line up. I suppose it'll provide great views when construction is in full swing, but until then...

Anyone know if they are planning to move some of the stuff, or bring in some new props soon to make up for this? And I assume that the on ride videos have been edited too? :wink:

Riebi

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Although I'm over the moon to hear that there is a lot of progress going on, I can't help but get the feeling that there isn't going to be a lot to see on the STT, especially now they've taken Pearl Harbour and the Costuming dept out of the line up. I suppose it'll provide great views when construction is in full swing, but until then...

Oh I have the same feeling. I liked to take a look inside the costume department. Makes it much more studio like.  :roll:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Wow, so soon?! I wasn't sure if I should believe the Friday 13th rumours.

The new route in terms of new road probably won't be much different at all, just taking a very sharp left after the station then another sharp right around the TSPL area to join up just where the boneyard used to end.

Losing the Costuming and Pearl Harbour isn't much of a loss to me, I never liked how "backstage theme park" rather than "backstage movie studio" that area felt, with the view of the back of Crush and all the service vehicles parked around. What is a real shame is that they've opened up this route without anything along it... Do Euro Disney SCA not know what bad reviews this ride gets? The entrance is so prominent within the park, too...

Agent Lex

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I can't help but get the feeling that there isn't going to be a lot to see on the STT, especially now they've taken Pearl Harbour and the Costuming dept out of the line up.
There isn't. There's so little, they actually took us around Catastrophe Canyon twice to pad out the time.

never2old

Quote from: "Agent Lex"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I can't help but get the feeling that there isn't going to be a lot to see on the STT, especially now they've taken Pearl Harbour and the Costuming dept out of the line up.
There isn't. There's so little, they actually took us around Catastrophe Canyon twice to pad out the time.

To be honest, that sounds like an improvement!  :lol:  Catastrophe Canyon is the only reason I go on STT!

lil-shawn

here is the first pic from the new route of the tram tour...
i found it on micechat.

bigrossco

wow that realy is a sharp left hand turn after the loading bay
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Anthony

Very sharp, and for this whole section between the station and Catastrophe Canyon the trams are running in parallel right next to each other. Just got a bit more challenging for the drivers...

Though it's interesting that this is the first photo we've seen of the new route - and it seems to be taken from the path behind ToT. So, despite this very major change for WDS and the chance to see a whole new route, still no fan wants to ride the damn thing.

CentralPlazaPerson

I was on SST on saturday and the reign of fire set wasn't working we just drove through it no fire no nothing. Anyone know why?

-breeno-

Broken?  Never seen the Reign of Fire set without the dragon fire myself, sounds though like a dull climax to a now slightly boring attraction :P

If so that's something to update to the Walt Disney Studios Park effects and details checklist :)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Willow

I saw it without the fire during my visit in 2007.

We went through the set as usual, the growling FX started and then.... nothing.

Good Times!