Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic

Started by Kristof, December 07, 2007, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

This is the topic for all posts regarding Studio Tram Tour - Behind the magic.  :D

Anthony

There's been discussion in every single other topic on the forum recently, it's that popular! :lol:

It actually seems to have by far the lowest score of any E-ticket on DLRP Review... do you think DLRP know it's not so good, and they're waiting for the right time/money to fix it, or are they quite happy?

Japper

Well , I agree with them to first fix the television studios.. but this surely comes second!

The Butlin Boy

It certainly needs updating or something new, lets see how popular TOT is first :wink:

Actually, just thinking about it, if it is updated, it'll have to be done hugely so that DLRP can re-market the ride. For example, if they only add a small change, it won't bring in any more customers, but change it in a big way, and it will :D

Kristof

I remember reading these rumours on Disney Central Plaza how a Pearl Harbour scene on the same scale as Catastrophe Canyon was considered to be added...  I even think Kinou posted that...  Maybe he knows more?

Anthony

Ew, please not a Pearl Harbor scene! :lol: Would be interesting to hear rumours though.

They ought to make use of all the great live action films they've had since 2002. Back then they had Dinotopia and Reign of Fire... now they've got National Treasure, Pirates of the Caribbean, and many more.

I expected the queue to be changed with the Hollywood works, they're still running it with about 6 lanes, which can't be fun for the CMs.

-breeno-

They should deffently add some more scenes and get rid of the Dinotopia and Reign of Fire sets, they are good sets but the movie and series didn't do brilliant and many people may not know about them.  I seen both Dinotopia and Reign of Fire and i thought they wern't great.

I think a Pearl Harbour or Pirates of the Caribbean set would be great, it could replace the Reign of Fire set and maybe part of a set from a different block buster movie to replace Dinotopia.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Japper

Yeah they should make a Pirates of the Carribean scene! Like a fight between  the black pearl and another ship and that your right in the middle of it. With rain and bombs and the pirates music! :)

At least they have to make it a bit more excited!

RnRCj

I think the Reign of Fire set could do with a bit of a refurb. It's the only part I am quite disappointed with. You get all that anticipation waiting for something big to happen then all you get is a flame. I think a big animatronic dragon head would be a good addition.

Apart from that though I really like the Studio Tram Tour :lol:

Mr_B

I agree the tour is starting to look a bit dated now. The canyon part is great but I always thought it would have been better as a climax to the tour rather than pretty much at the start. Everything else on the tour has a hard time keeping up with that.

They should use some of the great movies they've made for the last few years - I mean they must have props from the movies stored away in warehouses around the world which aren't being used anymore ???

Any POTC stuff would be cool and very popular with most visitors. Another themed set with
action etc like the canyon would be great but it all costs money I guess.

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

ightenhill

Have to admit these are all pretty dull anywhere anytime.. Universal California(even with its new war of the worlds and wisteria lane sections), MGM Florida.. I think since the  advent of DVD and so much multimedia behind the scenes stuff the whole concept is dated and wrong.

Whats needed is more thematic ride elements such as catastrophe canyon but how you can justify the expense when whats needed are more rides and shows is the question.

I would be tempted to leave it be and spend the money elsewhere.
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Haz

Quote from: "ightenhill"Have to admit these are all pretty dull anywhere anytime.. Universal California(even with its new war of the worlds and wisteria lane sections), MGM Florida.. I think since the  advent of DVD and so much multimedia behind the scenes stuff the whole concept is dated and wrong.

Whats needed is more thematic ride elements such as catastrophe canyon but how you can justify the expense when whats needed are more rides and shows is the question.

I would be tempted to leave it be and spend the money elsewhere.

I have to agree, i must say out of all of them i liked the California one the best but that was 1994 when i visited as Kong and a view other attractions later made for Florida were there.

Would anyone complain if they ripped it up and put 4 or 5 attractions in it's place, only a few die hards maybe.
All the Best,

Haz

andrewuk

A lot of people really like this attraction, I see it in the same vein as the Molly Brown/Mark Twain boat ride in Frontierland: nice and relaxing with pleasant music and interesting things to look at (not always those created for the attraction itself). Catastrophe Canyon is great, as is Jeremy Irons' narrative.

The other thing about the tram tour is how it blocks off the space for future expansion of the park. If things are looking good enough for this to be considered [-o< then surely the route of the tram will have to be drastically altered.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Fever

Yup, that's always my main bug with the attraction. There is SO much space behind there and between the other cast areas, but even a bridge or underpass could solve that.

The other issue that I have is that he amount of times that I have taken friends or family on-the English commentary is so quiet, they may as well turn it off, which is a shame as it's so good.

Also and finally, what is the misleading look into the 'costume dept' for the films..ie-cast costumes for the two parks.  :roll:
Welcome foolish mortals

andrewuk

I don't think that bridges or underpasses would work too well, unless they are done very well. These just put people off for some reason; although personally I quite like them. Better to do away with Reign of Fire (although it certainly looks like London, most people don't know the film) and put another 'big' set on the car park immediately behind the STT loading area.  Guests could then walk over where Reign of Fire is/was to a new land. :idea:
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne