Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic

Started by Kristof, December 07, 2007, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toonarmylass

so what was being done to it 10- 14th march while it was shut?  we did see something stuck in the props from nemo that wasnt there in june matthew pointed it out to me and he was right it wasnt there the last time i went on it.

Nala_84

While reading the article on dlrptoday.com, about the new waiting time sign of the Studio Tram Tour, a question came into my mind:

When we last visited in September 2007, there was no language choice - instead of a few years ago when you could choose between the English/French, German/Dutch or Italian/Spanish queue, I guess!

Is there only the French/English Tram Tour today? Or does that depend on how many people are visiting?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Maarten

Quote from: "Nala_84"Is there only the French/English Tram Tour today? Or does that depend on how many people are visiting?

Hey Nala! As far as I know they scrapped the German/Dutch and Spanish/Italian trams a few years ago. Only the French/English spiel is used nowadays. Although it might be a bit easier to manage the queue now, I still think its a loss. It felt more tailor made for the specific audiences. I think they should bring the other languages back, especially since Kristof mentioned that the Spanish crowds seem to complain that there isn't enough to do in their language (shows etc.)

On a different note; I like the fact that they keep updating the Studios. The sign fits the traffic theme aswell, well done!

By the way, member Soundtracker on MiceChat claims:

QuoteOh, one last point - we will also be seeing some minor changes to Studio Tram Tour, but I'm not allowed to tell you what they are yet!

On the other hand, in the very same post he claims to know more about the new 3 temporary attractions at the Studios, while Kristof claims that there won't be any temporary attractions. In other words, maybe Soundtracker's information is just a rumour after all.

Katie-Sparrow

I thought they were adding a jaws thing to studio tram tours. x
[size=200]Princess Katie[/size]

Kristof

Quote from: "Katie-Sparrow"I thought they were adding a jaws thing to studio tram tours. x

:lol:  Jaws is from Universal Studios...
if you're reffering to an interactive set (similar to Catastrophe Canyon or Reign of Fire), than yes, there are some ideas, but that's not for any time soon!  

Quote from: "Maarten"On the other hand, in the very same post he claims to know more about the new 3 temporary attractions at the Studios, while Kristof claims that there won't be any temporary attractions. In other words, maybe Soundtracker's information is just a rumour after all.

There will be indeed some very minor changes, but don't get your hopes high up.  The ride itself won't change much (yet).

Nala_84

Thank you Maarten, that's bad news indeed :(!

I don't really understand whether this was a problem for them to have 3 different queues? I liked especially the aspect of having 6 languages to choose from in one ride, that's what I call a "EURO" Disneyland Resort ;)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

It's because of the capacity.  Often you had a an hour wait for the English/French version, while the seats in the back where empty.

Anthony

I doubt this could happen now because it'd be very expensive to retro-fit all the trams, but maybe they should have basically installed a HISTA/AODA system into the trams, with five headphones per row and a button to change the language? The screens could just show the general shots (dinotopia, how catastrophe canyon works), with no presenters, instead.

The commentary itself is awful and I think is a large part of what makes the ride so boring now. It doesn't really tell you much and seems to completely gloss over a lot of things. "These planes are stored here on the lot ready to be drafted into service for a future film"... yeah right. The whole commentary is just a load of "bull" from start to finish.

It seriously needs a new host. Someone who instantly says "Disney", won't get old and will be very lively. Julie? :lol:

never2old

I think the problem is also that half the time you can't even see the screen, if you're sitting towards the back, and there's a bit of sun, it's just impossible to see the screen - so I end up ignoring the commentary completely (I also know it by heart)

I like this ride (well, I love the Canyon, the rest is pretty boring), maybe a more lively commentary would help. What about an animated character?

Kristof

QuoteI like this ride (well, I love the Canyon, the rest is pretty boring), maybe a more lively commentary would help. What about an animated character?

Hehe I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday... Imagine they could have it more interactive, give different kind of reactions each time you visit.  Can't be that hard for Imagineering...

Aveen2008

Hi everyone, I was just reading some of the comments about the Studio Tram tour and people have some great ideas.
My mum loves this ride, well the Catasrophe Canyon bit. But we both agree the rest of it is pretty boring and I hate to say that about anything in Disneyland as I love the place so much. When they are showing Props I feel like i am looking at garden Furniture and sculptures, I could fall asleep. I have never heard if Dinotopia as a film but the fact the set doesn't do anything makes it boring too. The reign of Fire set looks great, I love the train being de-railed but as someone else said I expected more than just a flame of fire from it. I thought the Narnia film costumes were great the first time I seen them two years ago but it would be nice if they changed them a little even one a year. Again the cars I find boring. It's just like looking at things that they would have had sitting in storage. The only good part of the ride for me and my mum is Castrophe Canyon which i think is Brilliant.

I noticed the rain effect wasn't working for Catasrophe Canyon when i was there at the start of july, Also some of the talking parts where cut out such as in the reign of fire, they didn't say the part about "london as you've never seen it before Scorched by dragons. There was small things edited out. I am not sure why.

I hope they manage to do something to make it a more exciting ride someday.

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

Kristof

QuoteI noticed the rain effect wasn't working for Catasrophe Canyon when i was there at the start of july, Also some of the talking parts where cut out such as in the reign of fire, they didn't say the part about "london as you've never seen it before Scorched by dragons. There was small things edited out. I am not sure why.

That's actually very interesting!!!  I wonder why!  :-k

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"
QuoteI noticed the rain effect wasn't working for Catasrophe Canyon when i was there at the start of july, Also some of the talking parts where cut out such as in the reign of fire, they didn't say the part about "london as you've never seen it before Scorched by dragons. There was small things edited out. I am not sure why.

That's actually very interesting!!!  I wonder why!  :-k
I hate to spoil the excitement, but it's definitely still there. Maybe the CM just forgot to press the button or something?

Quote from: "never2old"I like this ride (well, I love the Canyon, the rest is pretty boring), maybe a more lively commentary would help. What about an animated character?
That is such a great idea... The Mushu film at AODA hasn't really aged at all, then you see the Jeremy Irons commentary... errk. Do you think they'd allow an animated character to narrate it, or would WDI really want to keep STT in the "real world" of humans and Hollywood?

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Anthony"I hate to spoil the excitement, but it's definitely still there. Maybe the CM just forgot to press the button or something?

Aw it's weird maybe they didn't bother with the rain effect as it was raining hehe! :P

I was hoping that maybe they were working on things, when I noticed parts of things cut out, it really needs some attention. I do love when you are queuing for the Studio Tram Tour that you can now hear the screams from the Tower of Terror :shock:  :D

Aveen xoxox
Luv Aveen xoxo

Kristof

QuoteI hate to spoil the excitement, but it's definitely still there. Maybe the CM just forgot to press the button or something?

The different parts of the video are triggered by sensors in the ground.  Someone pointed me out last time I was there.  :)