Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic

Started by Kristof, December 07, 2007, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nala_84

That'd be great ideas, Ant and never2old... I guess that wouldn't be too difficult to create such new videos for the screens?

But right, I also don't really listen to them anymore :lol: But for people who have never been on the Studio Tram Tour it'd be great if they created headphones or something like that in different languages, so everybody can understand the infos...
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

swity

I really like the idea of a disney character to be the moderator. I guess especially children would like it. But I understand that it might not fit into the real Holywood theme.
Also I like the idea with the headphones like in HISTA.
I like the Studio Tram Tour and when I'm riding it it always seems as if people would like it too. Of course, some parts might be boring. But on the other side it's  a really relaxing and comfortable ride. To be honest I can't understand why it's so unpopular. Of course it's not the best ride in DLRP but also not the worst.

lil-shawn

hey folks,
hope i post it now in the right topic!!

i read today on WDSFANS that it is official the tram rout will be rerouted...

//http://www.photosmagiques.com/wdsfans/news/news.php#newsitemEkkAZZFyyykXgADKut

PetiteSirene

Maybe the change in route will also get something new added to the tram tour? We can only hope!

After all the cast members get soooo bored of the tour they tend to fall asleep! ;)

This was taken in December whilst we were waiting for the tour to start, the other tram was heading to Reign of Fire, they were great tho, when they saw me taking pictures they gave me a wave :)

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Willow

The drivers have such a boring job on the tram tour, they do very little and have no guest interaction to give them a bit of variety.

The Tram tour is so flat these days, there is nothing pulling me towards the ride anymore, I can't stand hearing Jeremy Irons talking about Dinotopia much more.

I think a live host would add some variety to it (with up-to-date jokes and more modern spiels) but the old language barrier would make an apperance again.

Anthony

I like the idea of a live host, maybe set up with regular slots like Stitch Live with one English tram and one French tram, but it probably wouldn't solve the attraction.

Actually if anything it'd make it worse -- they'd have nothing to talk about! At least the current video screens can fill the gaps with pointless movie clips (that just make the real-life tour look even more depressing) and hilarious jokes.

I still don't understand why DLRP/WDI/whoever didn't try to get any of the Pirates/National Treasure/Narnia/Enchanted props. It's just crazy how dull this attraction is considering their recent catalogue.

phantom247

I agree with you Anthony I started several years ago going on the tram tour within a year I was totally bored of it even though it does have some good bits there are so many other areas in the tour that let it down even the upkeep of the trams is questionable with big cracks forming in the Fiberglass seats, Half the letters missing of the side of most trams and on some weekends there are only 2 trams running creating unaceptable queue lengths because of out of service trams break downs etc.

never2old

Last time I went on the Tram, in October, the CM onboard was doing his own commentary, between the clips. He was really funny!! He was speaking French, so not sure how many people understood him, but my brother and I had a great time. Not sure how official his commentary was (since it mostly involved mocking the video one or saying some ride bits were very boring), but he really livened it up!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "never2old"Last time I went on the Tram, in October, the CM onboard was doing his own commentary, between the clips. He was really funny!! He was speaking French, so not sure how many people understood him, but my brother and I had a great time. Not sure how official his commentary was (since it mostly involved mocking the video one or saying some ride bits were very boring), but he really livened it up!

I think it'd be great to see some live commentary on the STT, it would add something a little nit more special to the ride, a bit like the skippers on the Jungle Cruise in the American parks. However I do feel that they need to implement it if or when they completely re-do the ride, at which point they would really need to add to it and make it a lot more exciting, interesting and re-rideable... :)

Kristof

A blue bird told me that the Tram Tour road should be finished around May 2009.  :)

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kristof"A blue bird told me that the Tram Tour road should be finished around May 2009.  :)

Hey, the blue bird's back :mrgreen:  :P

bigrossco

Quote from: "Kristof"A blue bird told me that the Tram Tour road should be finished around May 2009.  :)

ooo sounds good! i just wana see what the re-route is going to be like :d
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Hathaway Browne

I'm guessing the new route will be all the way round for the nearest... (which it should have been in the first place) ;)
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

ST_212

I was there last week and they've got alot of construction taking place on the ride. Big boards are up so you cant see anything and some props and tour tram video bits were missing.

I have to say it is one boring ride now!!

ST

bigrossco

just wait till the new work is finished then it will be good again or better! :)
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista