Disneyland Resort Paris changes back to Disneyland Paris

Started by RnRCj, April 11, 2009, 12:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

mouetto on Disney Central Plaza reports that Disneyland Resort Paris will have it's name changed back to Disneyland Paris.

The word 'resort' has already started disappearing from logos:

Source: Link

Personally I'm quite pleased with this change. It's always easier just to say Disneyland Paris. :D

bigrossco

so that means we will have to start saying DLP :D
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Magicalmouse125

It's a nice change.

Is this official do we have to stop using DLRP.  :(

If so change Dlrp Magic's name quickly :D

I'm too used to calling it Dlrp!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

kmara

I like it too! From when on will this be official?
I am so used to dlrp I guess it will take its time until I will have dlp put back in my mind  :D
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

giorgio1712

Much less of a mouthful, good change IMO!

Although some people I know still haven't stopped calling it Euro Disney!  :roll:

pussinboots

First of all... ANOTHER name change?

Second of all... Wow, the 1995 logo has returned.

It is saner... I remember after it became "Disneyland Resort Paris," you would be lynched by angry fanboys and fangirls for saying "Disneyland Paris." Which seems to me like forcing people to refer to a Coke as a Coca-Cola brand carbonated soft drink.

However, I do hope it will officially remain Disneyland Resort Paris, in the same way that Walt Disney World is officially the Walt Disney World Resort? It does make sense in certain situations...

casschr05

feel sorry for everyone who has a fansite and has DLRP in the domain like
dlrpmagic.com
dlrpblog.com

although dlpmagic and dlpblog doesn't quite have the same ring to it  :lol:

so is this official?

EDIT:
The logo doesn't look right:
So is it a mock-up? look at the balloon and notice it is a block red colour with out the 'light' like in the current MMP logo.
It could be that it was created to show us what is will look like but I hope it isn't the 'official' logo :lol:

never2old

But then if they change the name how will we differentiate between the whole resort and the Disneyland park?

casschr05

Quote from: "never2old"But then if they change the name how will we differentiate between the whole resort and the Disneyland park?

perhaps:
Disneyland Paris: DLP
Disneyland Park: DP

you will just have to say Disneyland Park if your refering to the park

dagobert

I wouldn't have any problems with a name change, but I prefer the Disneyland Resort Paris name. It provides a better distinction between the whole resort and the Disneyland Park.

I think that most people still call DLRP just Disneyland Paris.

pussinboots

In response to all those posts about the abbreviations, on this thread as well as the French one:

You know, you don't have to abbreviate anything. You could just spell out the entire name.

Willow

Typing out Disneyland Resort Paris takes ages though.  :P

I prefer Disneyland Resort Paris to Disneyland Paris. It just feels right to me.
However, people a bit older than me will also say that Euro Disney feels right to them.

pussinboots

Well, typing out the full name just got a little easier...

But why do we/they have to pick one anyway?

"Disneyland Resort Paris" feels like an official, descriptive name that should be used in the appropriate contexts, with "Disneyland Paris" as a snappier, less formal alternative. Rather like that "Coca-Cola® brand carbonated soft drink" I mentioned earlier, or "Walt Disney World" and "the Walt Disney World Resort."

Anthony

Quote from: "pussinboots"However, I do hope it will officially remain Disneyland Resort Paris, in the same way that Walt Disney World is officially the Walt Disney World Resort? It does make sense in certain situations...
Officially Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, yet they're perfectly fine with saying "Walt Disney World". I completely agree, DLRP (did you not know we only use these abbreviations to annoy you?) should definitely keep the full official logo as Disneyland Resort Paris. If anything, their recent need to make the "Paris" as big as possible just shows how bad their logos and advertising have been.

They should stick with Disneyland Resort Paris but incorporate the Eiffel Tower into the logo, like that logo used on merchandise a few years ago. It actually looked rather smart indeed, and would be instantly recognisable, even when the logo is shrunk down. It also looks way less corporate.

The logo is official, by the way (or "BTW"... LOL), but full Resort Paris ones are still available.

Javey74

DLRP is imprinted on my brain anyway, which is easier than typing Disneyland Resort Paris anytime..  :lol:  :D