Disneyland Resort Paris changes back to Disneyland Paris

Started by RnRCj, April 11, 2009, 12:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casschr05

Quote from: "Anthony"They should stick with Disneyland Resort Paris but incorporate the Eiffel Tower into the logo, like that logo used on merchandise a few years ago. It actually looked rather smart indeed, and would be instantly recognisable, even when the logo is shrunk down. It also looks way less corporate.

Do you mean something like this:

its a limited edition pin I have that incorporates the eiffel tower
you see something like that would be nice!

pic is from pinpics btw (by the way :p) :lol:

pussinboots

Quote from: "Anthony"Officially Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, yet they're perfectly fine with saying "Walt Disney World". I completely agree, DLRP (did you not know we only use these abbreviations to annoy you?) should definitely keep the full official logo as Disneyland Resort Paris. If anything, their recent need to make the "Paris" as big as possible just shows how bad their logos and advertising have been.

They should stick with Disneyland Resort Paris but incorporate the Eiffel Tower into the logo, like that logo used on merchandise a few years ago. It actually looked rather smart indeed, and would be instantly recognisable, even when the logo is shrunk down. It also looks way less corporate.

The logo is official, by the way (or "BTW"... LOL), but full Resort Paris ones are still available.

I do apologize... I didn't mean to sound like I have a stick up my rear. I just thought the answer to the whole "how will we differentiate between DLP and DLP now?!" crisis was a trifle obvious, haha. Abbreviate away...

Is there a chance this name change isn't as drastic as we think it is, but that this is just a new logo for UK advertising and other situations in which clarity and brevity are preferable?

And I liked that Eiffel Tower logo too, although it seems unlike Disney to link itself so prominently to something that isn't theirs and will generate no money for them. They've never made any attempt to emphasize Disneyland's proximity to Los Angeles, for example — although admittedly that city doesn't come with the best icon potential. A gang sign? A gun? A traffic jam? A diseased lung? A breast implant? All very hard to work into a logo.

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"It's a nice change.

Is this official do we have to stop using DLRP.  :(

If so change Dlrp Magic's name quickly :D

I'm too used to calling it Dlrp!

Never fear, I still call refuse to call it anything apart from Eurodisney. And I've posted before: Starbursts will always br Opal Fruits, Snickers will always be a Marathon, and Kristof will always be referred to as Raptor  :)

Riebi

I think they should keep the "resort" in the name. Today, 2009, there aren´t many people who realised that there are 2 parks, many hotels, an entertainment district, a shopping and outlet centre.....If you don´t keep the resort they are again at the point of 2001 without a second gate. The chances that someone gets this 2parks hotel entertainment thing is then again much smaller. They should rething their advertising if the people don´t get it and not create again a new name and a new logo. Keep the things a bit stable. please.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

kmara

the more I think about it, the more I find that the name should stay...
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Riebi"They should rething their advertising if the people don´t get it and not create again a new name and a new logo. Keep the things a bit stable. please.

Before you know it, our beloved park will be called
" The Magical Wonderful European Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios Resort Paris " or some other permutation  :wink:

15yearsofMagic2008

I am SO used to calling it DLRP . But i sometimes call it Disneyland Paris
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

15yearsofMagic2008

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"
Quote from: "Riebi"They should rething their advertising if the people don´t get it and not create again a new name and a new logo. Keep the things a bit stable. please.

" The Magical Wonderful European Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios Resort Paris " or some other permutation  :wink:

Then we will have to call it :

TMWEDWDSRP, talk about a mouthfull  :D
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

never2old

I confess I still call it Eurodisney...

Luigi

i never say the Resort when i speak about Disneyland paris, but always liked the Resort  in promotion, merchandising etc. I think it looks good this way.

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"

Yeah, but TMWEDWDSRP would look really cool on a T-Shirt  8)

Riebi

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"[quote="Pete's DragonThey should rething their advertising if the people don´t get it and not create again a new name and a new logo. Keep the things a bit stable. please.

Yeah, but TMWEDWDSRP would look really cool on a T-Shirt  8)[/quote]

It could have the shape of a mouse  :ears:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Disneyland® Paris is the official "new" name as off Tuesday 14 April 2009.  It was changed by dental smile himself, Phillip Gas.

casschr05

Quote from: "Kristof"Disneyland® Paris is the official "new" name as off Tuesday 14 April 2009.  It was changed by dental smile himself, Phillip Gas.

thanks Kristof!
so its official!

will DLP be removing the resort from merchandise / signs etc

-breeno-

Seems like a strange move to go in my opinion, going back to Disneyland Paris, i still think the "resort" looks better.  Ah well, best get to work annoying my family to call it by it's "proper name" now :lol:

Also i still call [strike:3qamnhxj]DLRP[/strike:3qamnhxj] DLP Disneyland Paris sometimes, and Euro Disney, and sometimes just Disney or Paris :lol:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!