Disneyland Resort Paris changes back to Disneyland Paris

Started by RnRCj, April 11, 2009, 12:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

I still prefer Disneyland Resort Paris as the official name, although most of the time I call it just Disneyland. In my opinion the resort makes clear that there are two parks, not just one.

Will they change the name again, when Euro Disney SCA gets a new CEO??

davewasbaloo

What is interesting is that Alton Towers (1 subpar park, 1 indoor water park, 2 hotels and a minigolf course), Blackpool (1 big fun fair and a hotel), and Europa Park (1 park and a few hotels) have all called themselves resorts this year, and now DLP (always prefered EuroDisney myself with EuroDisneyland - get annoyed at Disneyland being used on it's own at DLP, as DL is in California) are taking the resort away. Now if Philip could cut down on the characters too, that would be magic.
since 2001 (many before that)

jennytablina

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"What is interesting is that Alton Towers (1 subpar park, 1 indoor water park, 2 hotels and a minigolf course), Blackpool (1 big fun fair and a hotel), and Europa Park (1 park and a few hotels) have all called themselves resorts this year, and now DLP (always prefered EuroDisney myself with EuroDisneyland - get annoyed at Disneyland being used on it's own at DLP, as DL is in California) are taking the resort away. Now if Philip could cut down on the characters too, that would be magic.

Hasnt Alton been calling itself a resort for a few years now? I thought the new Hotel and the like opened a year or so ago. I think a lot of the british parks are trying to scamble to get resort status as they really need more income (though personally I cant be bothered with most of them: too much thrill and not enough enjoyment, I loved Thorpe Park before they tore down half the park for those dumb coasters)

I normally call the resort Disneyland Paris as its enough for people to get what I'm on about or occasionally lapse into EuroDisney, though as I recall staff at DLP really disliked use of that name. Shame really as the name always reminds me of the big opening ceremony show that was on TV (Complete with Pat Sharp and Matthew Kelly, good times~)
Going back to Join Mickeys Party! ]

Previous Disney trips:
WDW: 98, 99, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
DLP: 2005 (Surprise 16th Birthday trip!)

luke85

I've always referred to the the resort as Disneyland Paris. Although when I'm in the park, I love seeing remains of when it was called EuroDisneyland, like at the Main Street Railroad Station :)

Anthony

"Disneyland Paris" does make more sense than "Resort Paris" in the sense that "Resort" is just... a plain word... if you see what I mean. And the fact that every park from Alton to Europa to Flamingoland is tagging on the "Resort" has devalued it quite a bit. "Disneyland" and "Paris" are simple and strong.

Quote from: "Kristof"Disneyland® Paris is the official "new" name as off Tuesday 14 April 2009.  It was changed by dental smile himself, Phillip Gas.
Oh, ok then. After they've just spent so much advertising MMP with the name DLRP? After they produced all that merchandise with "Disneyland Resort Paris" on it? After they printed up millions of park maps and programmes to last from now till NOVEMBER with "Disneyland Resort Paris"? After they've designed the new park tickets with "Resort" on them? After they've only just about replaced all their stationary, booking forms, tickets, hotel keys, etc, etc, etc, with the "Resort"? By all means, advertise it as "Disneyland Paris", Mr. Colgate Smile, but don't waste money changing the official title everywhere. How about stopping the parks rotting away instead? No..?

Luckily, any website with that extra "R" will still be justified, so long as they continue with all these friendly ®'s everywhere! Disney Land ® Paris, DLRP. Phew!

casschr05

Quote from: "Anthony"Luckily, any website with that extra "R" will still be justified, so long as they continue with all these friendly ®'s everywhere! Disney Land ® Paris, DLRP. Phew!

haha good thinking there!!
our sites are safe then ;) :lol:

QuoteAnd the fact that every park from Alton to Europa to Flamingoland is tagging on the "Resort" has devalued it quite a bit. "Disneyland" and "Paris" are simple and strong.

I do agree with you there the 'resort' tag is catching on a bit
hopefully they will slowly rebrand things slowly
i.e. when they replace the MMP merchandise and when things get worn out!

MagicStar

Hmmm - i just browsed to another topic... and found this one

Quote6. DID YOU KNOW that changing all the sheets and linen in Disney's Hotel Cheyenne would cost the same as running the Tarzan Encounter show for a whole year?

You get what I mean???????  :?
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

The Butlin Boy

Now that's an interesting move, I wasn't expecting them to do that, but I can see why they would want to. The change doesn't really bother me, even though I have got used to typing DLRP on here, I've always said Disneyland Paris when talking about it, so I'm call with it 8)  :wink:

Kristof

Here's the generic Disneyland Paris logo:

andrewuk

Isn't it the case that the word 'resort' does not exist in French and so maybe that's why its going?
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

pussinboots

Quote from: "Kristof"Here's the generic Disneyland Paris logo:

Major throwback!

Anthony

Horrible colours on the logos they've released. It looks very flat and out of date compared to other theme park logos. Not magical in the least.

I actually thought the best, simplest logo is the one they've just ditched, particularly its horizontal version:

(At the end of the banner ad)

Edit...

I know this isn't a design-a-logo topic, but I can't resist. Behind the zelebs at the MMP press event they had a rather nice backdrop with a sketched outline of the castle. It'd work well for the logo, wouldn't it?

It would even scale well:

The huge P-A-R-I-S in the 1994 logo is a bit much.

kmara

well, it's kind of .... plain?!  :?
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

Anthony

Ahaaa I've found a very different "single line" version that they've already produced...

The balloon is a bit small and there's something weird about the squashed "Disneyland" and stretched "PARIS", but I think I prefer this. Reminds me quite a bit of the wonderfully simple and smart Tokyo Disney Resort logo.

So to scrap the balloon and combine this with the castle:

I could live with scrapping the "Resort" if they came up with a semi-decent logo to make the most of it.

Anyway, it's quite hilarious that they're now on their THIRD set of Mickey's Magical Party logos. Says something about the place...

pussinboots

God, these people cannot make up their minds.

They should just go with the 1994 logo already, in navy blue. Simple, timeless, and even if squashing Gill Sans against its design is a typographical no-no, it's a well-balanced and eye-pleasing design.

You know; this old thing.

And they don't need a "horizontal version." It's not that vertical anyway! Nor do they need a special version of it with a different party hat for every single event or season.

Why is it that the only way they can produce quality design nowadays is by dusting off really old designs?