Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith - new light show!

Started by RnRCj, May 21, 2008, 08:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Quote from: "Kristof"
QuoteThe effects don't seem consistent enough, even with rides only 10 minutes apart.

That's obviously because each vehicle has its own lighting show.

Well obviously they need to fix one trains lighting show then as one has hundreds of lights, the other has barely 20.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"Someone on Disney Central Plaza posted this picture a couple of weeks ago:

It's a new screen just before the preshow. Does anyone know what is shown on it?

I'm surprised that nobody from this forum has noticed it. :lol:

Well that's a pleasant surprise. It looks like a nice new addition to an already great queue line. This can give us a bit more hope for the ride's future, because Disney are clearly trying to improve the experience for it's guests, meaning they are possibly more likely to try and fix all of the broken effects inside the ride :)

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Well that's a pleasant surprise. It looks like a nice new addition to an already great queue line. This can give us a bit more hope for the ride's future, because Disney are clearly trying to improve the experience for it's guests, meaning they are possibly more likely to try and fix all of the broken effects inside the ride :)
It's probably "just" a warning video like the one they added to Crush. Looks great though!

Considering nothing has happened to Crush after they added the video there, don't get your hopes up. :wink:

RnRCj

I found a video of the screen on Dailymotion:

[dailymotion:12rc4cc8]k2JyGXGjJVuikIOBqM&related=1[/dailymotion:12rc4cc8]

Looks quite cool to me. :)  I'm surprised it wasn't added earlier.

Anthony

Wow, has this been made for WDW at the same time by any chance? The production on that video looks incredible. It's a testament to the Imagineers (either that or the tiny budget of the original park) that they actually manage to heighten the experience of an attraction with a safety video.

They could do with having it outside the attraction too. Every time you go on RNRC there's someone who practically leaps out of their skin when they turn the corner and see the launch. A plasma screen would just about fit the theme outside Tour de Force. In fact again, it'd improve the theme.

Japper

What a cool video! It really is a great addition, makes me wanna ride the RnR!

HasserX

I haven't been on Rock'n Roller Coaster yet but it seems like an exciting ride! =D>
I'm so going on it and I want to ride the pink soundtracker which plays : Young Lust, FINE, Love in an elevator.

Aerosmith is one of my favourite bands!

The Butlin Boy

Something so simple, yet so effective. It really must improve the queue line, one or two more wouldn't hurt either (and like Ant said, some outside). Now they just need to work on the inside of RnRC, then move on to the queue lines and pre-shows of Armageddon and Crush.  :wink:  :mrgreen:

RnRCj

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Something so simple, yet so effective. It really must improve the queue line, one or two more wouldn't hurt either (and like Ant said, some outside). Now they just need to work on the inside of RnRC, then move on to the queue lines and pre-shows of Armageddon and Crush.  :wink:  :mrgreen:

Yeah,  some screens around the outside queue area would be great. The one time I had to queue outside I found it extremely boring. The only thing to keep you entertained is the area music. Just some TV screens and a few other props would really improve it. I find it strange how the exterior of RnRC is so poor, yet the second you step inside it's so interesting and (in my opinion) well themed.

Also, there is some good news! Members on Disney Central Plaza say the smoke has been working well recently! :D/

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Something so simple, yet so effective. It really must improve the queue line, one or two more wouldn't hurt either (and like Ant said, some outside). Now they just need to work on the inside of RnRC, then move on to the queue lines and pre-shows of Armageddon and Crush.  :wink:  :mrgreen:

Yeah,  some screens around the outside queue area would be great. The one time I had to queue outside I found it extremely boring. The only thing to keep you entertained is the area music. Just some TV screens and a few other props would really improve it. I find it strange how the exterior of RnRC is so poor, yet the second you step inside it's so interesting and (in my opinion) well themed.

Also, there is some good news! Members on Disney Central Plaza say the smoke has been working well recently! :D/

Great news about the smoke there, lets hope that DLRP can maintain that =D>

I've just had another idea about the TV screens. What they could do is play the safety announcement in English (with French subtitles), then an Aerosmith music video, followed by the safety announcement in French (with English subtitles) and another music video. This could then repeat with a certain number of there best music videos. Perhaps they could even make it interactive, where people vote for, or text in their favourite music videos to be shown. :)

Nicholas-c

TV screens outside would be nice but it would take away from the music a little (I find the music VERY mood setting) However saying that, Music videos on the TV's perhaps... with safety announcements between ?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Disneydavid

Quote from: "RnRCj"I found a video of the screen on Dailymotion:

[dailymotion:g3mkowso]k2JyGXGjJVuikIOBqM&related=1[/dailymotion:g3mkowso]

Looks quite cool to me. :)  I'm surprised it wasn't added earlier.
Never saw this video before. But maby becouse I always take the fastpast for RNRC ft Aerosmith.

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Disneydavid"Never saw this video before. But maby becouse I always take the fastpast for RNRC ft Aerosmith.

Its new, you would still see it even using the fastpass
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Disneydavid

Well it looks like the big brother , space mountain mission 2.
There is also a videoscreen added!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

HasserX

I would say that Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is one of the best rides in Disneyland Paris also the ride is much better with the smoke! But every time I go on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster it always has like a 5 minute wating time  :D  the only time it goes to like 20 minutes is when everyone comes out the stunt show - And the ride rocks!