Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith - new light show!

Started by RnRCj, May 21, 2008, 08:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "seanmartina"Still no lights, no smoke, nothing, just blackness, and the odd spot light, WHY DisneyLand, why let it go like this.... when it can be so much better.....
I tried it maybe Wednesday just before closing, back seat... A few lights (NOTHING like when it opened though, I agree), there was definitely smoke in the air but it wasn't thick like it sometimes is. Music worked well, RNRC generally has a good record on that. They were actually running it with the pre-show too which was nice, not just letting people run through.

It's still very smooth compared to Space. Annoyingly, the lights that always work without fail are the incredibly bright flashing ones at the end that give me a headache.

I notice the selection of Aerosmith merchandise in Rock Around the Shop gets ever smaller... in favour of the same Nightmare Before Christmas stuff you can buy in every other WDS store, especially Tower Hotel Gifts. They're beginning to make me hate that film. :roll:

RnRCj

I heard that Aerosmith's 10 year contract with the Floridian Rock 'n' Roller Coaster will be coming to an end in July next year, and if it isn't re-newed then the ride will have to be re-themed. :shock:

Does anyone know if this will apply to the Paris version also next year? I would hate to lose the Aerosmith theme of the attraction. It would be such a sad, sad day for me. :cry:

penfold12

Wow, 10 years old!

I know thi ssounds stupid, but I always think of this as a new attraction.....

I remeber riding it in the first month it opened in MGM, and it only seems like a couple of years ago!!

RnRCj

Someone on Disney Central Plaza posted this picture a couple of weeks ago:

It's a new screen just before the preshow. Does anyone know what is shown on it?

I'm surprised that nobody from this forum has noticed it. :lol:

Willow

I've just got back from a trip at DLRP and it was the first time I've been on RNRC so didn't know if the screen was new or not. If it was only new I would have got a better photo or video of it.

The screen just shows general safety information with icons for each of the different points. (The description of the inversions have the icons spinning around.) The screen is kinda similar to the Space Mountain and Crush's coaster's video screens.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Willow"I've just got back from a trip at DLRP and it was the first time I've been on RNRC so didn't know if the screen was new or not. If it was only new I would have got a better photo or video of it.

The screen just shows general safety information with icons for each of the different points. (The description of the inversions have the icons spinning around.) The screen is kinda similar to the Space Mountain and Crush's coaster's video screens.

Ah! I knew someone must've seen it! :D Thanks.

It's quite strange how they've added a video screen now - 6 and a half years after opening. I mean, it's not like Crush's Coaster; with RnRC you can see the most intense part of the ride when you're queuing. Surely people aren't stupid enough to think this is a kiddie ride too. :roll:

Nala_84

And how was your first ride, Willow? I'm sure you're not afraid - like me - of riding fast coasters?
I'll force myself to finally try RnRC for the first time ever, too in December... I'm really scared, especially of the quick start :shock: Is the onride pic taken during the start?!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

RnRCj

Quote from: "Nala_84"I'll force myself to finally try RnRC for the first time ever, too in December... I'm really scared, especially of the quick start :shock: Is the onride pic taken during the start?!

Yes, it is. :P It's such a great place to take the photo - The faces some people pull!

I was scared on my first go too (really, really, scared). But I forced myself to go on by quickly pulling down the restraints when I got in the seat - Once you've done that they lock and you can't get out. :twisted:

Just go straight on and try not to stand around watching it - that will just make your fear even worse.

I'm sure you'll love it. :wink:

Willow

Quote from: "Nala_84"And how was your first ride, Willow? I'm sure you're not afraid - like me - of riding fast coasters?

I didn't like inversions until recently, much preferred coasters such as Big Thunder Mountain until early this year. My first inversion wasn't until last november.
I took the plunge on my last trip to the resort to go on my first inversion and I haven't stopped going on coasters since.

Its easy once you have got past the first set of turnstyles and when you come off you will wonder why you didn't like the ride.

I'd probably rate RNRC as the best ride I've ever ridden, got on the front row twice and the second time all effects were working (except for my left speaker). Only poor point about the ride was the final corkscrew which would have been better if it was slightly smoother.

_________

I was also surpised to learn that Vekoma don't acknowledge that they have built the ride, its clearly a Vekoma though.

Also does anyone know what type of launch is used? I thought LSM at first but thought I heard a catch car attaching onto the train.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Willow"I'd probably rate RNRC as the best ride I've ever ridden, got on the front row twice and the second time all effects were working (except for my left speaker). Only poor point about the ride was the final corkscrew which would have been better if it was slightly smoother.

This is a question I ask all the time, but... were the smoke machines working?  :lol:

Quote from: "Willow"Also does anyone know what type of launch is used? I thought LSM at first but thought I heard a catch car attaching onto the train.

According to many sources it does use LSM. I'm thinking that maybe the motors propel the catch-car and not the actual vehicle. :-k

toonarmylass

matthew keeps saying if he ever goes back to disney then he wants to go on this ride and sm:m2 well he will get the opertunity in 3 weeks, hes 10 just under 5 foot tall, hes done crush, ToT, indy and btm. will this ride be to extreme for him do you think, its been 5 years since ive been on it and i can tremember it that much

Willow

Quote from: "RnRCj"This is a question I ask all the time, but... were the smoke machines working?  :lol:

There was a lot of smoke sometimes but on other rides there was none, the same with the lighting.
The effects don't seem consistent enough, even with rides only 10 minutes apart.

never2old

Quote from: "toonarmylass"matthew keeps saying if he ever goes back to disney then he wants to go on this ride and sm:m2 well he will get the opertunity in 3 weeks, hes 10 just under 5 foot tall, hes done crush, ToT, indy and btm. will this ride be to extreme for him do you think, its been 5 years since ive been on it and i can tremember it that much

RNRC is the fastest rollercoaster in DLRP (from what I can find in the internet, max speed in SM is around 45mph, in RNRC it's about 57mph). The acceleration at the start is incredible (terrifying is not a bad word for it....). I've only been on it twice, and both times I was screaming all the way.

But at the same time, it's very smooth (much much smoother than SMM2), so even if it feels faster than SMM2, it's also a lot more pleasant, the loops and everything feel lest violent (at least for me), it's just... faster.

Kristof

QuoteThe effects don't seem consistent enough, even with rides only 10 minutes apart.

That's obviously because each vehicle has its own lighting show.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Kristof"
QuoteThe effects don't seem consistent enough, even with rides only 10 minutes apart.

That's obviously because each vehicle has its own lighting show.

But it's the colours and the movement of the lights that changes, not how many lights there are. There should be roughly the same amount with each train, and the smoke machines should be working all the time. There certainly shouldn't be a noticable difference in quality with rides just 10 minutes apart.