Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith - new light show!

Started by RnRCj, May 21, 2008, 08:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Japper

I can not believe how bad the state of the RnR was this week! Almost none of the lights were working! It was just all black :S

Does somebody know when they are going to fix the RnR? It's one of the top attractions in the studios but know it's in a really really bad state :(

Malin

Wow sorry to read about this, last time I rode this attraction in September I was really impressed by how good this attraction has aged over time, unlike Space Mountain. Lets hope the problem of burnout lights gets delt with urgently.

Kristof

Merged Japper's topic with the official Rock 'n' Roller Coaster avec Aerosmith topic.  :)

RnRCj

I agree with you Japper. The quality of this attraction seems to have dropped quite dramatically recently. It really is in need of a rehab. Surely it wouldn't take much just to close it for a week and get the all the lights and smoke working again? I've just checked the DLRP website and there are no scheduled closures for it. :( I find it really sad to see my favourite attraction in a bad state like this.

Quote from: "Malin"Wow sorry to read about this, last time I rode this attraction in September I was really impressed by how good this attraction has aged over time, unlike Space Mountain. Lets hope the problem of burnout lights gets delt with urgently.

When I went last Septmember it was good too. Quite a few lights were working and some of the smoke machines were on. Strange how it's suddenly changed in such a short amount of time. :?

I really hope something is done about this soon.

nathan.jackson

Does anyone know how fast you actually go when you first "blast off" ( :D/ )!

seanmartina

Still no lights, no smoke, nothing, just blackness, and the odd spot light, WHY DisneyLand, why let it go like this.... when it can be so much better.....

DJT

it broke down tuesday some electrical I think it was I rode it during the day and there were smoke so maybe what broke is the system that controls the effects  :?:

mehdi5

Quote from: "nathan.jackson"Does anyone know how fast you actually go when you first "blast off" ( :D/ )!
The Rock 'n' Rollercoaster accelerates 91.7 kilometers per hour in 2.8 seconds at the launch.

RnRCj

Quote from: "seanmartina"Still no lights, no smoke, nothing, just blackness, and the odd spot light, WHY DisneyLand, why let it go like this.... when it can be so much better.....

That's really a shame. :(  I am going to be SO disappointed if it's still in this condition when I next visit. It seems there are no scheduled closures soon for it either!

mehdi5

I think Rock 'n' Rollercoaster needs a total refurbishment, like BTM had back in 2006. Does anyone know if there might be a possibility for new soundtracks though? There are a lot of Aerosmith songs that would be awesome for the ride.

RnRCj

Quote from: "mehdi5"I think Rock 'n' Rollercoaster needs a total refurbishment, like BTM had back in 2006. Does anyone know if there might be a possibility for new soundtracks though? There are a lot of Aerosmith songs that would be awesome for the ride.

Agreed, it really needs a refurbishment now. Do they not care about this attraction at all? The ride hasn't been perfect for several years now, but this is just ridiculous. I'm seriously going to complain if it's like this on my next visit.

About new music, I doubt it. But I certainly wouldn't mind if they did change it, as long as it was still Aerosmith. :lol:

bigrossco

after reading about it, it sounded like a very cool ride but reading recent reviews it seems to be a big let down, will be going in October, just hope it gets better for when i go :(
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

nathan.jackson

Quote from: "mehdi5"
Quote from: "nathan.jackson"Does anyone know how fast you actually go when you first "blast off" ( :D/ )!
The Rock 'n' Rollercoaster accelerates 91.7 kilometers per hour in 2.8 seconds at the launch.

Blimey, that is quick! Quicker than Space Mountain?

mehdi5

Quote from: "nathan.jackson"
Quote from: "mehdi5"

Blimey, that is quick! Quicker than Space Mountain?
Pretty much Space Mountain only launches with 70 Kilometers per hour.

Nicholas-c

you have to remember with space mountain aswell, its a small launch up hill, and you start slowing down half way up the hill, With Rock and rollercoaster its constant acceleration until you hit the loop!
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone