Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith - new light show!

Started by RnRCj, May 21, 2008, 08:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Not much smoke at all over the last few days. It was definitely there because it could be smelt, but not enough to be able to see it. :(

On the plus side - the music on the pink soundtracker is working extremely well at the moment. It's the loudest I've heard it in a while.  :mrgreen:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"Not much smoke at all over the last few days. It was definitely there because it could be smelt, but not enough to be able to see it. :(

On the plus side - the music on the pink soundtracker is working extremely well at the moment. It's the loudest I've heard it in a while.  :mrgreen:

It's a shame about the smoke not working, but it's good to hear that the music is louder than ever :)

What did you think of the new safety message TV in the queue RnRCj?

RnRCj

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"What did you think of the new safety message TV in the queue RnRCj?

I think (as Anthony said) that the production on the video is incredible, and it really adds something to the queue line. They just need to put some in the outside part of the queue because there is no visual entertainment whatsoever.

It also looks bigger in real life. :P

smurfy74

when we went earlier this month we felt it has been slowed down, what did you think rnrcj??? but the music in the cars was great.

RnRCj

Quote from: "smurfy74"when we went earlier this month we felt it has been slowed down, what did you think rnrcj??? but the music in the cars was great.

I'm not sure whether it has been intentionally slowed down, but it definitely seems to be slower. I noticed that on the pink soundtracker you used to be able to hear "going down" as you were flying over the very last hill, but now you hear it immediately after the second mid-course brake run; so the trains must have been slowed down somehow. In fact, it seemed to me that it was slowed down after the first death on the Orlando Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, even though it was not the ride's fault at all. :?

I forgot to mention that I reached my 100th ride on Friday! :mrgreen:  I'll post the on-ride photo when I get time.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"I forgot to mention that I reached my 100th ride on Friday! :mrgreen:  I'll post the on-ride photo when I get time.

Lol, congratulations! :mrgreen:  =D>

RnRCj

Just after my last visit, I emailed DLRP to see if they will ever get all the effects working again in Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and I've just received a reply!

They basically said a load of stuff I already knew, like that all the attractions experience technical faults sometimes. But there was one sentence that caught my attention:

"Nevertheless, I would like to apologise for any disappointment caused and rest assured that your comments in this matter have been passed on to the Quality Manager of the attraction for his information and internal review."

Hopefully the "Quality Manager" will take what I said into consideration. :P It will be one of the happiest days of my life if I ever ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster again with music full blast, all lights working, and thick smoke!

I'm also now wondering who the "Quality Manager" is - I've never heard of this job before. :lol:

Willow

Maybe the Quality Manager rides the ride constantly to check on its quality.

It would be a perfect job for you RnRCj, all you need to do at the end of every ride say that you aren't sure of the quality and must ride again to get a better perspective.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"Just after my last visit, I emailed DLRP to see if they will ever get all the effects working again in Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and I've just received a reply!

They basically said a load of stuff I already knew, like that all the attractions experience technical faults sometimes. But there was one sentence that caught my attention:

"Nevertheless, I would like to apologise for any disappointment caused and rest assured that your comments in this matter have been passed on to the Quality Manager of the attraction for his information and internal review."

Hopefully the "Quality Manager" will take what I said into consideration. :P It will be one of the happiest days of my life if I ever ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster again with music full blast, all lights working, and thick smoke!

I'm also now wondering who the "Quality Manager" is - I've never heard of this job before. :lol:

It's great to see that they replied to your e-mail, I've got my fingers crossed that it will cause good results :)

Speaking of which, I went on RnRC a few time last week, a there wasn't much smoke unfortunately. However, the programmes did have it down for a refurb on last Friday... :wink:

baldkev

We're leaving for DLRP at 0940 on Sunday and I guarantee we'll be riding RnRC at some stage on Sunday afternoon!  I'll let you know about the smoke next week when we get back.  Celebrating my 40th birthday there on Monday!

Cheers

Kev

RnRCj

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Speaking of which, I went on RnRC a few time last week, a there wasn't much smoke unfortunately. However, the programmes did have it down for a refurb on last Friday... :wink:

I doubt they did anything about the smoke last Friday. Those single day closures are just to replace the launch mechanism.

I do wonder if it is just a case of "switching on" on the smoke machines, or if they are actually broken. To be honest, I think the technicians (or whoever is in charge of the effects) can't be bothered to put them on. Every so often the room gets too full of smoke and has to be cleared out, and I have a feeling they don't want to do that just a couple of times each day. But I may be wrong. :roll:

What I don't understand is how the smoke machines constantly switch from being on and off. During my first few visits in 2002, 2003, it was obviously working at it's best. But then in late 2004 (I think) they turned them off for a while because of a safety issue. Then they came back on again because the issue was resolved (sadly the smoke wasn't as thick though), and since then the smoke has either been off completely or only partly working. The last time I saw the smoke working quite well was in September 2007.

Quote from: "baldkev"We're leaving for DLRP at 0940 on Sunday and I guarantee we'll be riding RnRC at some stage on Sunday afternoon! I'll let you know about the smoke next week when we get back. Celebrating my 40th birthday there on Monday!

Cheers

Kev

Thanks, I would really appreciate that! It will be interesting for me to see if they did "fix" the smoke last Friday. Have a great time! :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "baldkev"We're leaving for DLRP at 0940 on Sunday and I guarantee we'll be riding RnRC at some stage on Sunday afternoon!  I'll let you know about the smoke next week when we get back.  Celebrating my 40th birthday there on Monday!

Cheers

Kev

We'd really appreciate that, thanks. I hope you have a great trip and a great 40th Birthday :mrgreen:

RnRCj

According to a member on Disney Central Plaza, the smoke was working well last Sunday! Maybe they did get it fixed on Friday? :lol:

It will be interesting to see how long they can keep this up now.

The annoying thing is, this always seems to happen when I haven't got a trip planned. I'll definitely make sure my next trip is right after one of the closure days. :P

baldkev

As promised here's my RnRC 'smoke' report -

Sun 11th Jan, 3.35pm (very precise this as it was the first thing we did after ToT) - not much smoke at all, even my kids, who were comparing it to RnRC WDW, said they were surprised that they could see the track.

Mon 12th and Tues 13th - We rode it a whole load of times as there was no queue at all, it was the same as Sunday, a bit of smoke around the floor.

Weds 14th (our last day) - Again we rode it a fair few times and there was definitely waaay more smoke, looked great with the lights illuminating it.

We're all looking forward to DHS in 2010.

Have to say that we all thought that ToT at DLRP was better then ToT at WDW.

Cheers

Kev

RnRCj

Quote from: "baldkev"As promised here's my RnRC 'smoke' report -

Sun 11th Jan, 3.35pm (very precise this as it was the first thing we did after ToT) - not much smoke at all, even my kids, who were comparing it to RnRC WDW, said they were surprised that they could see the track.

Mon 12th and Tues 13th - We rode it a whole load of times as there was no queue at all, it was the same as Sunday, a bit of smoke around the floor.

Weds 14th (our last day) - Again we rode it a fair few times and there was definitely waaay more smoke, looked great with the lights illuminating it.

We're all looking forward to DHS in 2010.

Have to say that we all thought that ToT at DLRP was better then ToT at WDW.

Cheers

Kev

Thanks so, so much Kev! Sounds like it was working well on the last day. When you say "looked great with the lights illuminating it" that tells me that there really was a lot of smoke. It must reflect the lights or something, because there always seems to be more lights when there is a lot of smoke.

Thanks again! I really do appreciate 'smoke' updates. :P