Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith - new light show!

Started by RnRCj, May 21, 2008, 08:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Quote from: "phantom247"I would have never said it's first major rehab if I did not mean just that as far as I was informed by a Cast Member this will be down for most of September but will reopen in time for Halloween celebrations the problems have become to great to be fixed overnight or during a one day shutdown, one day shutdowns are usually used for computer updates and catapult work etc only.
Thanks phantom247! I wondered why it was only listed for a day's closure. The one day closures are usually just to replace the catch-car. I'm so glad it's finally going down for a major refurb! Hopefully we'll see all the lights working again in the main ride, as well as all the lights patterns in the load/unload areas. AND all ten smoke machines!! :mrgreen:

If anyone has any more information, please share! I'm very interested! This is fantastic news!

Nicholas-c

It's official. I have done 50 rides :D (52 actually...) 50th ride was Nine lives soundtracker. Most the effects are working tho, Everything outside of the actual ride works a-ok.

Also, As you walk past the ride ops, there is a computer screen with keyboard and mouse infront of it, A new entry appears on this screen every time the ride launches, Every now and then there is a red entry, i couldn't make out the text... Its free for all to view so if you happen to know ;)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

RnRCj

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"It's official. I have done 50 rides :D (52 actually...) 50th ride was Nine lives soundtracker. Most the effects are working tho, Everything outside of the actual ride works a-ok.

Also, As you walk past the ride ops, there is a computer screen with keyboard and mouse infront of it, A new entry appears on this screen every time the ride launches, Every now and then there is a red entry, i couldn't make out the text... Its free for all to view so if you happen to know ;)
Congratulations on the 52 rides Nicholas! Nice to hear the Nine Lives soundtracker is actually running, I haven't had that one in about 4 years now. :wink:

I'm fairly sure there are still a load of lights broken around the load area. There are some lights which "sweep" across the floor as the train prepares to launch which haven't been working for ages now. There's also supposed to be a load of swirling lights on the wall as the train leaves the station, as well as an Aerosmith logo that flies across the room. None of which I've seen in within the last few years. Hopefully all of this will be repaired in September though, if the refurb does indeed go ahead.

I must admit, I don't know about the computer screen. I've never really been able to see them closely. But I'll try and see next time I go at the start of September (if it's open, and not in refurb). :)

RnRCj

And now we finally have the dates for the much-needed refurb!

14th - 25th September 2009

I absolutely cannot wait! :mrgreen:  It avoids my trip at the start of September too, which is good. There's also no need to do my little "which effects are not working" checklist when I go now.

I might just have to go back one weekend in October for that "perfect" ride.

littlehairmaid

NOOOOOOO!  :(

I`m going on the 16th-22nd! and am taking my sister, who besides being really excited about this ride, she was also willing to mind my son whilst me and hubby have a go.  :evil:

littlehairmaid

Just looked on the dlrp website and it says its only closed on the 30th!  :?:  :?  am confused now  :roll:

RnRCj

You must have checked DLRP Magic. Those dates were only rough and were announced many months ago. The new dates are official:

Unfortunately, this is the risk you take by booking before closure dates are announced. :(

littlehairmaid

Arrr pooh!  :(

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"Unfortunately, this is the risk you take by booking before closure dates are announced. :(
They're still so slow at it, not good when you're spending a lot of money on visiting.

But - hurraah! Not only should we have a fresh and properly illuminated RNRC, we'll have a happy RnRCj! :mrgreen:

smurfy74

all i can say is nnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooo, ah well it will be good for our november visit. Snow White was going to be closed, I wish it was still like that, but i guess yo cant have it always your own way.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "RnRCj"Unfortunately, this is the risk you take by booking before closure dates are announced. :(
They're still so slow at it, not good when you're spending a lot of money on visiting.
I know. I remember they used to list all the closure dates on the park maps. Back then, that's how we used to plan our trips. These new dates are very late considering many people visiting in September would have already booked.

Quote from: "Anthony"But - hurraah! Not only should we have a fresh and properly illuminated RNRC, we'll have a happy RnRCj! :mrgreen:
A very happy RnRCj. :mrgreen: Oh so long I've been waiting for this refurb!

I'm wondering whether they'll fix some of the really minor effects. Like, in the final brakes tunnel there are supposed to be some dim flickering lights on the ceiling. And in the load area there is supposed to be a unique lighting pattern projected onto the wall as each train leaves the station. I haven't seen either of these for absolutely ages. In fact, I can't actually remember seeing them, but I know they exist because I've seen them in some old videos from when the ride first opened!

peep

Went on this morning and there were more lights than when I went on in Feb. Some of the lights actually looks new. However there are still massive sections of the ride where it's just dark, no lights. There was quite a bit of smoke too.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

QTXAdsy

Well I do hope this refurb does make RNRC better.

When I went a couple of weeks ago, it was it pretty bad shape with only the white flashes working but with no smoke machines.
It was in much better shape when I went in '07 with all lights working...but once again with no smoke machines. :x

Here Come The Belgians!

Walts heir

I hope they make it better and add smoke effect

RnRCj

I almost forgot!

10 years ago today Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith opened at Disney MGM Studios!

It scares me to think that if it wasn't for Orlando's RnRC, we wouldn't have our own (even better version) here at WDS. :mrgreen: