Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith - new light show!

Started by RnRCj, May 21, 2008, 08:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrossco

here is a good video i found on youtube showing the inside of RNRC

[youtube:221ctfys]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FklNXVCR9VE[/youtube:221ctfys]
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

CentralPlazaPerson

DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LADY :-"  :-"
OR
SWEET EMOTIONNNNNNN :-"  :-"
LOVED THE RIDE!!!

luke85

Great video! Such a great ride!

starchild

my tip for this ride would be go on it asap.....before they shut it for a `technical fault`....been at dlrp for 5 days ....it was shut for 2 of the days i visited the studios....also shut ocassionally were tram tours,motors show....did not get on it at all...

Agent Lex

Quote from: "starchild"been at dlrp for 5 days ....it was shut for 2 of the days i visited the studios
That would be because of the fire that happened there. This isn't usual :P

skalos

I visited the park at 9-10-11 of June and the rock n roller coaster was with almost no lights at all during the ride... (not to mention no smoke as well) At my first ride I thought that it was nothing special and with a small fix it was going to be OK the next day... But nothing...

I noticed as well that the 've changed the guitars in the pre-show to Gibsons and Epiphones (which is owned by Gibson) which is a nice touch...

RnRCj

Thanks skalos. Very disappointing that the show is already dead, less than 2 weeks after the refurb. I don't see how they could keep all those effects working for at least 2 years in 2002/2003, but now they can barely keep half the lightshow working for more than a few days.

If the attraction is in that bad a state, it should be closed. Disney should be embarrassed to have it open. Back in the first few years of operation, if any more than 25% of the show was down the attraction would have to be closed until the problems were resolved. I witnessed it several times. It was actually worth having the ride close for maybe half an hour every now and then just to get the show working properly. It seems that rule doesn't apply anymore.

dagobert

That is really a bad show and it makes me angry that only after a few days it's broken again.

Nevertheless during our last visit in September the light show was working and there was also some smoke.

Maybe it is working and they've forgotten to turn it on :lol:  
Or Disney thinks that most of the guests wouldn't recognize that the effects aren't working, because the just want to ride a fast rollercoaster and wouldn't bother about the  "show" (aka Disney-Experience), like Disneyfans do. So Disney could save some money, although it wouldn't be that much.

Magic M

There's been a whole world of negativity towards RnRC recently.

Yes ok, I'll admit a few light bulbs need changing - but its still an AWESOME coaster!

By far the fastest and also SMOOTHEST coaster ride in both parks.  The queue is never as insane as Crush so re-rides are a no brainer.  It has AEROSMITH playing in your ears as you ride!  It goes 0-58 in 3 seconds - straight into a loop!

I love, love, love this ride and nothing you can say will stop that!

MM

dagobert

I love this ride, too, but of all the rides in both parks this one is in the worst condition concerning special effects. Although SM:MII is very bumpy, at least all the special effects were always working when we have been on.

I really hope that RnRC will be fixed soon, because it still is my favorite rollercoaster. And I like this version better that the US one.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Magic M"There's been a whole world of negativity towards RnRC recently.

Yes ok, I'll admit a few light bulbs need changing - but its still an AWESOME coaster!

By far the fastest and also SMOOTHEST coaster ride in both parks.  The queue is never as insane as Crush so re-rides are a no brainer.  It has AEROSMITH playing in your ears as you ride!  It goes 0-58 in 3 seconds - straight into a loop!

I love, love, love this ride and nothing you can say will stop that!

MM
It is a great coaster... when everything works. When half the show is down, it's just dull and a waste of time. The effects are what RnRC is all about. I fell in love with the RnRC that had hundreds of lights, thick smoke, and unique lighting sequences for each train. Last time I visited, a load of lighting was out in the load area, many lights were out in the main show, and no smoke.

RnRC without the lightshow and smoke is like BTM without the mountain.

skalos

Well I also LOVE RnRC... Is one of my favourite rides in dlrp... But when I visited dlrp at December it was in a much better condition... For me the show is very important so I was really dissapointed on my last visit...

phantom247

They are fully aware of the situation with the coaster and the coaster will go down for it's first big rehab September 2009 unfortunatly the park is too busy over the next few months to do the work before then I hope this puts everyone's mind at rest.

RnRCj

Quote from: "phantom247"They are fully aware of the situation with the coaster and the coaster will go down for it's first big rehab September 2009 unfortunatly the park is too busy over the next few months to do the work before then I hope this puts everyone's mind at rest.
Great news!! Where is this information from? I heard Rock was only being closed on the 30th September - is it being extended into October as well? Or will it only take a day?

phantom247

I would have never said it's first major rehab if I did not mean just that as far as I was informed by a Cast Member this will be down for most of September but will reopen in time for Halloween celebrations the problems have become to great to be fixed overnight or during a one day shutdown, one day shutdowns are usually used for computer updates and catapult work etc only.