Disney Junior Live on Stage!

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 20, 2007, 11:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

QuoteI still wonder why construction of Playhouse Disney will take that long? I mean, setting up a stage and a decor is all they have to do right?

Rehearsals, rehearsals and more rehearsals!   :wink:

Riebi

So the Ex CyberSpace Part will host Playhouse Disney? Isn´t it a bit small for that? Or does the room just looked small with all this cyber space mountain inside?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

It's pretty big.  I've been in it a few months ago when everything was stripped out. (What idiot would leave a backstage door open when I'm around??  :lol: )

Anyway, the studio's that host the show in the other parks aren't that big either.  There are no seats in those theatres, everyone has to sit on the ground.

Riebi

how "intimate" :mrgreen:  But sitting on the floor should be ok even cause the most little ones are very familiar with it. Me not I´m familiar with sitting on beds but never see a beds-theater...but that´s another issue.
Just hope for a good rug in front of the room for the wet wwweeeettt winter times and all the dirty footwear.

Remco K.

Quote from: "Riebi"Just hope for a good rug in front of the room for the wet wwweeeettt winter times and all the dirty footwear.
Maybe our version of Playhouse Disney will feature seats afterall.

Just a little thought... when the WDS opened it's doors years ago, most people used to call the Disney Channel tour very lame. The Disney Channel has come a long way, and is finally turning in a must-see building. Hooray for The Disney Channel building! :D/

Anthony

Where will the entrance and queue for Playhouse Disney go I wonder?

Stitch Live is already taking up the entire front of the building and is very popular. If PHD is going into the stage on the far left, then the entrance will have to be on that side of the building, facing CinéMagique.  And we don't want another show that CMs have to advertise with small signs on sticks.

Can't see how it's going to work, bearing in mind Soarin will/might eventually need quite a grand entrance there too.

Remco K.

Quote from: "Baloo"Can't see how it's going to work, bearing in mind Soarin will/might eventually need quite a grand entrance there too.
Unless it's all planned in the Theatre District plans, and a new facade will be build between The Disney Channel and Cinemagique, with lots of space for queues behind it.

littlemermaid83

How exciting, When do you think it could be opened next year?
My DD will love this  :D
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"Where will the entrance and queue for Playhouse Disney go I wonder?

Stitch Live is already taking up the entire front of the building and is very popular. If PHD is going into the stage on the far left, then the entrance will have to be on that side of the building, facing CinéMagique.  And we don't want another show that CMs have to advertise with small signs on sticks.

You're right, the entrance will be to the left of Stitch Live. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since I assume that the Imagineers, while developing Stitch Live about a year ago, were also planning Playhouse Disney at the same time. Hopefully they designed Stitch Live with a longterm vision so there is space left for Playhouse Disney's queue area. Lets hope so at least.

Disney Central Plaza member Dédé posted this pic:

Riebi

Kristof

These pictures make me curious.  If you look at the pictures, you can see that the future entrance has been fenced off, but there's also an ara in front of the building that has blue fences.   Maybe for the attraction logo?

Owain

Quote from: "raptor1982"but there's also an ara in front of the building that has blue fences.   Maybe for the attraction logo?

Or the start of the Theater District Placemaking [-o<, LOL I can dream cant i ? :lol:

Riebi

Quote from: "raptor1982"These pictures make me curious.  If you look at the pictures, you can see that the future entrance has been fenced off, but there's also an ara in front of the building that has blue fences.   Maybe for the attraction logo?

Yes that´s what I ask myself too. It doesn´t seem to be just the "small" construction inside the postarea of Disney Channel. A big stretching attraction sign could be one explanation for this!

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "raptor1982"but there's also an ara in front of the building that has blue fences.   Maybe for the attraction logo?

Or the start of the Theater District Placemaking [-o<, LOL I can dream cant i ? :lol:

That would be the "to-good-to-be-true other" explanation  :mrgreen: Let´s pray together [-o<  :mrgreen:

Remco K.

Quote from: "raptor1982"These pictures make me curious.  If you look at the pictures, you can see that the future entrance has been fenced off, but there's also an ara in front of the building that has blue fences.   Maybe for the attraction logo?
They'll probably remove that tree and replace it with a times schedules board, just like they did with Stitch Live!

Kristof

Quote from: "Remco K."just like they did with Stitch Live!

Which is not being used, by the way.

Wouldn't make sense to have 2 information board side by side.  The Stitch Live one just carries the Disney Channel logo, so they can perfectly use one for both attractions.