Disney Junior Live on Stage!

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 20, 2007, 11:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage! is a brand new attraction opening at Walt Disney Studios Park as part of Mickey's Magical Party, presenting the popular characters of the Playhouse Disney TV channel through puppets, sets and a live host. It is based entirely on the similar attractions in Florida and California, and will use their updated show which premiered in 2008, featuring the stars of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins, Handy Manny and My Friends Tigger & Pooh.

The theatre has been constructed in the studio next door to Stitch Live! at Walt Disney Television Studios in Production Courtyard, which used to house the Disney Channel CyberSpace post-show games area. The show will likely be presented in separate French and English versions.

Quick Links:

Project Tracker at WDSfans
Preview Guide at DLRP Magic!
News & Rumours at DLRP Today

Quick Info:

• Official text:
QuoteSee your best friends at Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!

The stage of this exciting new attraction is alive with the sound of tiny tot best friends!

It's the chance of a once-upon-a-lifetime for every kid to kick up a fan frenzy and swarm round the stage, up close to their most beloved characters from Playhouse Disney Channel, live!

It's a laugh a magic minute at Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage! with four playful supersized storytellin' funtimes in a row! Watch your little ones bubble with joy when each picture book springs to life. Say hello to Handy Manny, love the Little Einsteins, give a big paw for the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse crew and more!

An endearing, roof raisin' shindig, guaranteed!
Official poster advertisement visual:

Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage! officially premieres from 4th April 2009!

Original Post:
Quote from: The Butlin BoyLa Rouquine on DCP has confirmed that Playhouse Disney Live will be coming to the Walt Disney Studios in the old Disney Channel building along with Stitch Live.

Sorry about the translator:
QuoteMore seriously the rumour which had been launched by the Gazette, is confirmed.
Playhouse Disney will be born in the Park Walt Disney Studios!

The spectacle should be placed in the old studio of turning of Disney Channel.
This studio, larger that which be "worth visiting" and in which Stitch is settling, a few times were used to turn Zapping Zone.
It was not until there not worth visiting. But of the access will be especially arranged for the occasion.

The entry would be located at author of that of Stitch and the exit would be done, as for Stitch, by old Disney Channel Cyberspace rencovertit in post show.

Sounds good to me <!-- s:D --> :D <!-- s:D -->

<!-- s:arrow: -->:arrow:<!-- s:arrow: --> Link
Translated by babelfish

disneymadchris

Awful translation but sounds very interesting.  :D

RnRCj

Very interesting. Can somebody explain to me what this attraction is please? :lol:

Alpop

If it's what I think it is......
Is playhouse Disney Live - Bear in the Big Blue House etc. Jo Jo
Live stage show

Anthony

I can't understand that translation at all... So what, it'll share the same room as Stitch, a different room? :?

The attraction is at MGM and DCA: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xX6s2pe3T7g

Great news if this is true. I mean, I can't think of anything worse to watch, but a lot of people really want these characters at DLRP for their kids.

The Butlin Boy

I think it is basically says that they will be putting Playhouse Disney Live, probably the same show from the states, into the old Disney Channel building along with Stitch, but it won't be in the same room as Stitch. They will both have their exit where the old zapping zone/cyber-space mountain area was. I hope this helps :wink:

Perhaps Raptor could shed some light on this! :wink:  :lol:

Maarten

Wow, another addition to the Studios. Great. I'm not really familiar with Playhouse Disney- Live on Stage!, but is seems like a great fit with the Disney Channel Studios. Does this mean we can also expect Big Bear, Jojo etc in the future Stars & Motorcars Parade?  :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Maarten"Does this mean we can also expect Big Bear, Jojo etc in the future Stars & Motorcars Parade?  :wink:

I think it probably will come over with the parade as it would seem a waste to only use the brand and costumes in the show, but that's just my guess :wink:

pjulie75

Does anyone know when this will be open??  My kids love these characters.

TowMater

Quote from: "pjulie75"Does anyone know when this will be open??  My kids love these characters.

Same when Stitch opens maybe?

Why don't they build another building so in case of long queues for Stitch there shall be 3 other rooms.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Kristof

There are multiple empty soundstages in the Disney Channel building.  None of them are used anymore for real recordings.

Kinou

The show is planned for early 2009/ spring 2009.
Hug it out bitch !

Maarten

I'm curious if we will get the current MGM version of the show, or the newer one that will be performed as of next year? Not that I'm a fan of Playhouse Disney (I've never even seen it since we don't have Disney Channel in the Netherlands), but it seems to fit so naturally.

I was just thinking, both Stitch Live and Playhouse Disney will exit through the former studio with CyberSpace Mountain in it etc... what will happen with this room? Wouldn't it be a smart move to turn this into a shop or something? Especially High School Musical, Disney Channel and Stitch related merchandising would sell very well.

Anthony

For anyone unfamiliar with the TV studios building, DLRP Today now has an accurate plan of it.

Quote from: "Maarten"I was just thinking, both Stitch Live and Playhouse Disney will exit through the former studio with CyberSpace Mountain in it etc... what will happen with this room? Wouldn't it be a smart move to turn this into a shop or something? Especially High School Musical, Disney Channel and Stitch related merchandising would sell very well.
Perfect idea! They'll surely have trouble making that space a worthwhile postshow now that it's double the size without CyberSpace Mountain, and to be honest I think I'd prefer a Disney Channel shop anyway. :lol:

tubbsy

Quote from: "Kinou"The show is planned for early 2009/ spring 2009.

Another return trip!  :lol:  Although Rob will probably have grown out of Playhouse Disney by then  :( I may have to go and watch, cos I love Bear in the Big Blue House!  :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club