Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andybear

Quote from: gingajen on June 21, 2014, 10:52:35 PM
Judging by the photo's on DLRP Today, the whole area looks just beautiful! The theming looks better than any I've seen for a long, long time. The restaurant looks amazing, as does the menu. I am so excited to go in February next year! I only hope they have thought about how to ensure the exterior remains looking as pretty in Winter as it does in Summer!

I'm not impressed with the menu - there's not enough choice and it's way too expensive.  So while I'm looking forward to seeing the area and going on the ride in September I won't be going in the restaurant.

Rocketeer

Quote from: orangarnold on June 22, 2014, 12:50:58 PM
To compare Spidey with this is (forgive the pun) is like comparing chalk to cheese. Two different rides with two different target audiences
Excellent point. L'Adventure has never been even suggested as a thrill attraction, its always been a family dark ride and by the looks of it that's what we've got. And there's nothing wrong with that.

WDS has plenty of thrills for now, and probably will end up with some more in the future (if the rumours are to be believed) so Remy fits in well with that plan.

Quote from: msRavenswood on June 22, 2014, 12:08:05 PM
Well said Rocketeer! The thing is they are comparing it with rides such as The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman and Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey and claim that after all these years of waiting and how much technology has advanced, Ratatouille falls short of what had been expected. And, again, all this just by watching a POV video!  ???
Thanks. I'm only really echoing what you pointed out, that you can't judge a book by its cover, or in this case judge a dark ride by one POV video. ;)

I think there is another element that seems to be overlooked when some inexplicably and instantly compare this to Potter; money. Not saying that L'Adventure was done on the cheap but it's budget has to be somewhat smaller than what Universal shelled out for Forbidden Journey and Gringotts. Uni spent big and knew they'd easily recoup it.
And that's not to the detriment of Remyland - it looks like they'd spent a lot and spent well. Given the issues in Paris, they could have easily gone for yet another studio façade but instead chose wisely to include the restaurant and the swish recreation of a little corner of the City of Lights. So with that in mind I can excuse the ride itself being a little light on some effects or AA's.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

CentralPlazaPerson

Just seen the on ride video, look's like an epic ride! I personally think they should make a pixar land.

claire2281

I suspect one of the biggest draws about this ride will be the atmosphere of the whole area - very detailed, beautifully realised. It's impossible to fully appreciate that on a video. Particularly when you can't experience the 3D.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Andybear

Quote from: CentralPlazaPerson on June 23, 2014, 03:51:50 AM
Just seen the on ride video, look's like an epic ride! I personally think they should make a pixar land.

They sort of have as the Ratatouille stuff is very close to the Toy Story stuff.

Anthony

Here's my complete video of the Grand Opening Ceremony, featuring Bob Iger, Tom Staggs and Philippe Gas!

Anthony

And now here's a Walkthrough Tour of the attraction, including the exterior, queue, load, unload and exit. Featuring the Ratmobiles moving around the loading areas with NO on-ride scene spoilers, this is hopefully perfect if you want a glimpse of how the ride looks and works without spoiling everything...

Rocketeer

Wow great vid. Really makes me want to go even more now!  ;D

**Spoiler**
That queue is awesome - especially Aguste Gusteau! They've done an amazing job with the whole thing IMO.

While its nice to see the restaurant straight away at the exit, I don't know if I'd want to sit at the table right by the 3D glasses bins. But that's a minor point.
**end spoiler**

The only thing I don't care for is the fact that its so close to Playland you get the screams from the Parachute jump ruining the tranquility of the courtyard.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Simba 27

From Anthony latest video, is clearly visible that the glasses bin aren't in the bistrot, but just in the exit zone; then you need to go out and enter in the bistrot.  ;)

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

Anthony

I understand what Rocketeer means though - if you're sat next to the unload area it's not very private. It's quite different to Blue Lagoon where the other guests are quite distant and pass by quickly. I had almost expected the Bistrot floor level to perhaps be elevated a bit, so that you're looking down slightly on the unload.

Here are a couple of cool official videos DLP have released...

First the timelapse in HD - this is just 30 seconds on the original video but I slowed it down so you get a better look:

And second, six minutes of construction footage from the later phases of construction. Lots of potential spoilers here!

Anthony

And now, since the Annual Passport previews begin tomorrow and more people get to experience it for themselves, here's a longer version of the video tour complete with a full on-ride pov!

I still strongly urge you not to watch this or any on-ride video if you've yet to ride. It's actually impressive how much of the action the camera can pick up, but it misses everything else which adds to the experience (not least the 3D), and it's that huge array of "ingredients" which for me makes the ride such a delight and a real cut above almost anything else at DLP.

GeoffD

I thought I'd come and add my views. As part of the fan-crowd on Sunday, I got the chance to experience the ride. As Anthony has said a few times, videos cannot do this one justice. The ride vehicles are possibly the most complex thing you'll ever get the chance to sit in at a theme park.
I left the ride open-mouthed even to the point where a Disney exec asked nervously my opinion.  I loved it, with this ride, Walt Disney Studios park has come of age. 

Now, I have written up my thoughts - but it is spoiler-filled, so be warned: http://www.dlptownsquare.com/2014/06/ratatouille-the-adventure-the-fantastic-new-addition-to-disneyland-paris/

Rocketeer

OK, for those who've been on L'Adventure... is this now the best attraction at WDS? Could it be considered the best at the resort?

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: Rocketeer on June 27, 2014, 10:23:33 AM
OK, for those who've been on L'Adventure... is this now the best attraction at WDS? Could it be considered the best at the resort?

Depends, most advanced, very well done, spectacular yes.

But if you go for "Big Thrills" it won't beat other rides.

However for best family ride, probably yes.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

GeoffD

Quote from: Rocketeer on June 27, 2014, 10:23:33 AM

I feel that it is the best realised attraction. The level of immersion is just next level. It's not a thrill ride, but it is a classic Disney ride.