Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tobiasberlin

Has anyone yet made experiences how to get into Ratatouille using the Disabled Priority Card?  Is it he same procedure as at all the other rides (which means you ENTER the ride throught the EXIT and go straight to the Loading Zone....)

twentythingamabobs

I was just going to ask the same question  ;) We go in less than 3 weeks yippee!!! So excited to experience this ride, feels like I've been waiting forever!!!  ;D

Rocketeer

I wonder what the wait times will be like today given that its Fête nationale.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

RockNRoller

Quote from: Trekkie101 on July 13, 2014, 04:05:48 PM
They're safety goggle-esque but have no lower support, so fit over glasses nicely, or at least did for me.

They'll sit up high on the nose bridge, you should be fine :)
Thanks, I wear safety goggles in the garage and they fit well. If its a similar style I should be ok  8)
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Andybear

Quote from: Anthony on July 11, 2014, 05:16:03 PM
...And it's open!

Pictures, report and press release fun facts here:

DLP Today — La Place de Rémy officially opens to the public with blockbuster Ratatouille lines

Official video of the ceremony:

I love the way Remy runs onto the stage in the video then cuts the ribbon ;D  And who is the bloke in the grey suit who speaks at the beginning - he's gorgeous!

Andybear

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: tobiasberlin on July 14, 2014, 07:00:32 AM
Has anyone yet made experiences how to get into Ratatouille using the Disabled Priority Card?  Is it he same procedure as at all the other rides (which means you ENTER the ride throught the EXIT and go straight to the Loading Zone....)

HI Tobiasberlin, I thought I'd respond to your query just in case you haven't visited yet. I visited last week, the ride is simply incredible we went on at least twice a day! We entered the ride via the Fast Track entrance, you then walk along the corridor, pick up your 3D glasses and when you reach the turnstile a Cast Member will show you the area for Disabled Priority Card holders. There can only be one Disability car in the attraction at any one time so if there are already guests on the ride you will get shown into your little Ratmobile to wait until they have exited. Enjoy!

lindavdende

Is it true that fastpass wasnt working two days ago? A friend told me it wasnt open and also that it was closed today with a wait of two Hours. Were they to late or was it really closed?

guest8408

I REALLY hope fastpass is open when I go. I don't fancy waiting for two hours aaa :/

MrsPirate

My friend has just returned from her first visit to DLP  (12-15th), she also said fastpass was closed and she queued for 3 hours!!! as much as I want to ride Ratatouille I won't be waiting that long. EMH is in the studios during our visit, hopefully it will be open.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

lindavdende

I hope fastpass will work when im there next month. And otherwise we will try single riders line. Its just me and my mom and we wont mind if we wont be in the samen "rat"

martin disney dad

Rode the ride four times in two days.
My Top tips:
They open the gates to the park at 9.30, so be early.
Head straight through and head for the Backlot tour - straight in front of you. There are two small signs that point the right direction (the route past crush is closed early in the day)
Turn right and you will see a set of barriers for the queue. They let groups in until the area fills up.
If you are in the front - ride it straight away. We got in within 5 minutes and the ride had started operation at 9.30.

we then rode as single riders (wait time was only 5 minutes)

The fast pass tickets were given out from a trolley next to the entrance to Toy storyland, next to the Bistro Remy - not from the machines. They went quickly so if you are further back in the queue it may be better to get a fastpass, rather than queue.When you have your fast pass, early in the day you have to return through Toy story, but it seemed to be different each day.Cast members also gave different information about when the fastpasses would be available.

The ride: Is BRILLIANT  :)

Fever

Just managed 10 rides on this during my visit, and first of all I have to praise the staff for dealing with the morning rush.

At park opening (infact at 9:30) everyone runs to the attraction, although find themselves in a temporary line which is broken up and allowed into the main queue in waves to avoid mayhem outside. It made the whole thing very easy, so well done there!

Fastpass queues in the afternoon were crazy, I just don't get it. Fastpass doesn't always work as it should. The single rider line in the morning works wonders, and the full queue of 60 mins moves fairly well, and didn't bother me.

The ride experience itself for me, didn't quite hit the mark.. There were lots of effects that worked on a few rides, but didn't work on others.. The water splash for example and the rolling trolly wheels seemed to be the culprits.

It is still a great ride, but certainly bombards you with everything and it's a lot to take in. You will need a second ride!

My biggest disappointment was watching people filming it with their phones, missing all the surrounding elements, looking straight ahead at the screens, and even completely missing the oven scene (which without question needs more heat)

Over all a great addition, but just makes the backlot area of the park feel even worse!! Please WDS it's time to fix this park now, and adding new rides certainly helps, but it will never fix it until the park's infrastructure has changed (and Armageddon has gone)!
Welcome foolish mortals

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: Fever on September 06, 2014, 03:52:12 PM
Just managed 10 rides on this during my visit, and first of all I have to praise the staff for dealing with the morning rush.

At park opening (infact at 9:30) everyone runs to the attraction, although find themselves in a temporary line which is broken up and allowed into the main queue in waves to avoid mayhem outside. It made the whole thing very easy, so well done there!

Fastpass queues in the afternoon were crazy, I just don't get it. Fastpass doesn't always work as it should. The single rider line in the morning works wonders, and the full queue of 60 mins moves fairly well, and didn't bother me.

The ride experience itself for me, didn't quite hit the mark.. There were lots of effects that worked on a few rides, but didn't work on others.. The water splash for example and the rolling trolly wheels seemed to be the culprits.

It is still a great ride, but certainly bombards you with everything and it's a lot to take in. You will need a second ride!

My biggest disappointment was watching people filming it with their phones, missing all the surrounding elements, looking straight ahead at the screens, and even completely missing the oven scene (which without question needs more heat)

Over all a great addition, but just makes the backlot area of the park feel even worse!! Please WDS it's time to fix this park now, and adding new rides certainly helps, but it will never fix it until the park's infrastructure has changed (and Armageddon has gone)!

I second that , please disney fix wdsp up the way it should be ..

samuelvictor

Just adding my 2 cents, as we recently (Christmas season) went on Ratatouille for the first time.

First impressions are brilliant, the theming of the mini "land" is brilliant, plush and oppulant. Very nicely designed and it encorages you to want to spend more time tehre. Lots of cool photo opps (my kids particularly liked the mopeds and motorbikes, I lveod the design of the fountain. The shop was cool and the restaurant theming was brilliant (didn't eat there, but checked it out). The queing area of the ride was really nice, very atmospheric, and I loved the music. I hope its from the film soundtrack as I want to track down a copy of it, its been stuck in my head ever since and I onl;y have about 20 seconds of it on our home video.

The ride itself is... good. Make that very good, but not perfect. Upon us all riding it the first time, we were all of the opinion that it was too short, but upon further rides this changed slightly. Its certainly more impressive than Snow White or Pinnochio, probably up there with Peter Pan, but nowhere near as long or as "epic" feeling than Pirates of the Carribean. My personal feeling is that I would have liked far less prjection and more animatronics. I was hoping for some cool scenes of multiple audio-animatronic mice.

However, there is definitely a lot to  like. The overall design of the sequences is great, and the animation and sound are of course exceptional, as you'd expect of Disney/Pixar. The 3D works far better than Captain EO (the only other 3D thing in the parks that was open at the time) and the few pracatical effects such as the wheels of the cart and the heat of the cooker worked really well. My favourite part is the bit right near the begining where you move down towards the roof of the building - I definitely got some vertigo the first time and the 3d effect was very believable.

I understand that many people aren't keen on the Studios Park. I don't agree - many of my family's favourite attractions are there (Tower of Terror, Animagique, Cinemagique, Art of Animation, Crush's Coaster, Studio Tram Tour, Stitch Live, Moteurs Action, Disney Jr...) and there are some really cool themeing touches (Toy Story Playland, Radiator Springs, Studio One, the area around the Hollywood Tower Hotel, the Earful Tower, the Sorceror's Hat...). Sure, it doesn't have the landscaping of the main Park, but surely a "studio" park doesn't need that - does Florida's Hollywood Studios have significantly more varied layout? Sure certain areas need improving or replacing entirely (Armageddon is pretty rubbish, I agree) but there is definitely a lot to like at the park. Incidentally, the shops are also larger and less crowded than the main park - we do most of our shopping there.

In my opinion, Studios park keeps getting better - expanding and getting more like a "full" park, and I definitely feel that the whole Ratatouille area really helps that progression. I 100% approve. Now I'd like a "real" dark ride, and maybe an expansion of the "meet spiderman" area to a mini Marvel area. Add Muppetvision 3D and I'd be extactic!