(Rumour) Guardians of the Galaxy retheme for Tower of Terror?

Started by Rocketeer, March 23, 2016, 02:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Rocketeer on July 27, 2016, 09:39:05 PM
Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on July 26, 2016, 10:24:47 PM
It's only a ride. Twilight Zone's not even Disney anyway so doesn't make sense as the theme of Tower of Terror.
I can't see how it 'doesn't make sense as the theme' - its pretty much a key part of the attraction. There are references to the television show all over the queue area for starters.  Let alone the actual attraction's events.
You completely missed my point. It doesn't make sense as a theme because Twilight Zone isn't Disney.

Sugaroo_

Well said. I couldn't agree more - and I've never actually been on the attraction!

Noooo you have to go! Even if you're not keen on going on the ride at least queue up with your party and tell a CM you would like to exit before loading, I've seen it done many times. It's so worth it, I promise!

I agree it's a stupid idea, especially for Paris, on so many levels.
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

stormflm595

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on July 27, 2016, 11:51:51 PM
It's only a ride. Twilight Zone's not even Disney anyway so doesn't make sense as the theme of Tower of Terror.
I can't see how it 'doesn't make sense as the theme' - its pretty much a key part of the attraction. There are references to the television show all over the queue area for starters.  Let alone the actual attraction's events.
You completely missed my point. It doesn't make sense as a theme because Twilight Zone isn't Disney.

Neither is Aerosmith but Rock N' Roller Coaster is still a huge attraction at WDS.

I love Guardians but even I know changing one of the most successful and loved DLPR rides to please a new generation is stupid.

If they're that intent on bringing Marvel/Guardians into the parks, leave ToT alone and do something with the waste of space that is Armageddon!!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: stormflm595 on July 28, 2016, 02:23:29 PM

Neither is Aerosmith but Rock N' Roller Coaster is still a huge attraction at WDS.

I love Guardians but even I know changing one of the most successful and loved DLPR rides to please a new generation is stupid.

If they're that intent on bringing Marvel/Guardians into the parks, leave ToT alone and do something with the waste of space that is Armageddon!!
Rock n Roller Coaster should be rethemed too.

stormflm595

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on July 28, 2016, 05:06:12 PM

Why? Just because it's a Disney resort, doesn't mean that EVERY attraction has to be centered around Disney.

I mean, using that logic, It's A Small World, Space Mountain, Orbitron, Autopia, Big Thunder Mountain among many others would need a re-theme. And that's just at DLP and not including the other International attractions such as the Jungle Cruise and Tiki Rooms, Soarin'...
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: stormflm595 on July 28, 2016, 05:20:25 PM

Why? Just because it's a Disney resort, doesn't mean that EVERY attraction has to be centered around Disney.

I mean, using that logic, It's A Small World, Space Mountain, Orbitron, Autopia, Big Thunder Mountain among many others would need a re-theme. And that's just at DLP and not including the other International attractions such as the Jungle Cruise and Tiki Rooms, Soarin'...
Well, why not? Why not just make everything Disney?

stormflm595

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on July 28, 2016, 07:04:51 PM
Quote from: stormflm595 on July 28, 2016, 05:20:25 PM

Well, why not? Why not just make everything Disney?

Because that wasn't Walt's vision. If it was then we wouldn't have attractions like IASW, among many others that he designed himself in the first place. :)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

Rocketeer

Quote from: Sugaroo_ on July 28, 2016, 09:41:19 AM
Noooo you have to go! Even if you're not keen on going on the ride at least queue up with your party and tell a CM you would like to exit before loading, I've seen it done many times. It's so worth it, I promise!
Well I never knew you could do that! Haha I'll have to try that next time. And then pluck up courage to go on Big Thunder too...  :P

###

And a quote from /film (on the new Muppets attraction coming to Florida)
QuoteAs you may have seen, news of the Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: BREAKOUT! attraction has not gone over well with Disney theme park fans. A Change.org petition has already racked up 30,000 signatures in just a few days, the official YouTube announcement video has five times as many down votes as it has up votes, and the Disney Parks blog has reportedly been deleting negative comments like never before.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

Well, I guess it should come as no surprise that they're sticking with this. What is shocking though, is that they Hollywood Tower signage has been removed (before the attraction has closed), and overngiht they have removed the large dome on the top of the tower.

I'm so glad ours is staying the same (for now).

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

A new video proclaiming how wonderful this re-theme is has been released. I really hope this does not happen to the WDS version.

And it seems that on the Parks Blog, they're only allowing positive comments about the attraction.

mickey1980

Why? Just why ruin a perfectly fine attraction to re-theme it to this monstrosity.
The design looks tacky and cheap. Like the designer was pushed to make it work. But it doesn't work. And will never work.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

Puffin

I'm not against retheming or rethinking rides, but this does look kind of weird to be honest.
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

Rocketeer

I think this'll go down as WDI's worst attraction retheme.

ChipandDale99

I didn't realise how serious this retheme is. I hope they don't change it to this as the tower looks so good as it is. Hopefully people won't warm to it in America and it won't come over.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: ChipandDale99 on October 04, 2016, 11:58:09 PM
I didn't realise how serious this retheme is. I hope they don't change it to this as the tower looks so good as it is. Hopefully people won't warm to it in America and it won't come over.
You can bet on this being successful. Guardians of the Galaxy is a much bigger franchise than The Twilight Zone and only internet Walt Disney World fanatics care about the retheming.