Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soap

Quote from: "Reiana"I wonder how this could happen. The two seagulls are high above? How can one of them be ripped apart?  :shock:

I guess it was that little karate crayfish :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

RnRCj

Oh dear, that's bad.... but how did it get broken since it's on the rooftop of the control booth :?:

Rookie

Can someone please confirm me the minimum height for riding Crush's Coaster? I wonder if they are very strict with that or if they let small kids in as there are no inversions.

-breeno-

@Rookie: 1.07m it's on the first page.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Grumpphil

They are very strict on all height restrictions - not like in Spain where they let theSpanish kids on whatever their height.

tubbsy

It also says that they advise children under the age of 7 do not ride.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

clarabella

I saw some rather small young children going on Crush whilst I was there and none of the CM's questioned it. Some childeren were no older then 5... they look petrified coming off the ride, I loved it myself.

Rain

Seagull is now mended - his head was on that right way when we rode on Friday.
I have to confess that I really didn't like this ride. I thought the theming was pretty feeble - there just wasn't enough going on for me at the begnning of the ride - I would like to have seen more projections like the nemo and squirt one, and more things to look at before you hit the main coaster building. The first drop was fantastic, but the rest of the ride I found far more intense than the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, which is about my limit. The low restraints on the shell didn't feel very secure, which meant I couldn't relax at all. My husband loved Indiana Jones and is a huge fan of the R'n'RC and he said he'd never go on Crush again, as he found it too much.

PetiteSirene

Quote from: "Rookie"Can someone please confirm me the minimum height for riding Crush's Coaster? I wonder if they are very strict with that or if they let small kids in as there are no inversions.

You will find that height restrictions are kept very well, to the disapointment of a lot of parents who think their little girl or boy is fine and that they are not scared. A lot of guests dont realise that they are height restrictions are not only there for the safety of their child but also for legal requirements.

Heights for rides are determined mainly by the g-forces experienced on the rides (Please do correct me if I am wrong but this is what I learned when I worked at a themepark  :) ) and are set in place so that they can be sure the child or persons body can withstand the forces. This is not a question of age or how brave children are. My fiance once had to turn a woman away from riding space mountain with her daughters because she was too short :S, I also had a friend who was a dwarf and could not ride any big rides at all because of their height.
(Another factor to consider as well is that if someone is too short the safty harness wont fit them properly)

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

dagobert

Is Crush's coaster getting Fastpass?

http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20071023/DSC03318.JPG

Japper

Yes , I heard that too! How horrible must the regular line be?

Why not creating only fastpass and no regular line? ;)

Kristof

WHAT?????  This will only make the standby line even longer!  That's the most silly idea ever!  Even imagineers explained to me how fast pass would be impossible.   :roll:

The Butlin Boy

That's what you get when everyone complains about Crush getting fastpass. This is going to make to queue lines so much worse :?

Anthony

I've been trying to work this out. If half of all riders use fastpass, the queue will be cut in half, but you'll still be waiting the same length of time (say 120mins) to get on, right?

And no doubt the fastpass tickets will go as quickly as they do at Peter Pan's Flight. Where will they put the machines? In the Oasis area, or over near the Toontown plaza?

I wonder what the Imagineers/Operations who decided this expect people to do while they're waiting for their fastpass slot? Hardly any scenery to walk around, half the park is scheduled time-only attractions, and there are only two proper shops to browse...

Sometimes companies shouldn't listen to the public, because usually they don't know what they're talking about. :roll:

Sign looks rubbish too. :twisted:

Dlrpfan

May be if the line eventually dies down in years to come that would be a better time to add the Fast pass m,achines but putting them in Now would be even worse then it currently is
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012