Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Please NO :o Surely the Imagineers know this is a stupid idea!

Grumpphil

Quote from: "Baloo"I wonder what the Imagineers/Operations who decided this expect people to do while they're waiting for their fastpass slot? Hardly any scenery to walk around, half the park is scheduled time-only attractions, and there are only two proper shops to browse...

Maybe because it won't work they hope people won't use it much but by putting it in they can say they do listen to people's moans.  If they never put it in to prove it can't work then people who didn't understand would never stop moaning.

I'm wondering how TOT is going to affect the queues for Crush.  Will it take people away from it, especially when the doors first open, or will it just bring even more people into Studios so both have huge queues?

ightenhill

Quote from: "Grumpphil"[

I'm wondering how TOT is going to affect the queues for Crush.  Will it take people away from it, especially when the doors first open, or will it just bring even more people into Studios so both have huge queues?

A bit of both so things at crush will just stay the same.. Dont really understand the cries for no FP though.. The Fp systems mathematics work well  once you have enough rides that cause a spread of tkts to be distributed (unless your in CA where you can work the sytem to easily) so in this case Im all for adding more FPs into the stusios when ToT opens.

The biggest thing I dont quite understand is why not swap the EEs around more once ToT starts and involve the studios more.
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Japper

What the ??  :shock:

From Disneytheque.com

-breeno-

Quote from: "Japper"What the ??  :shock:

From Disneytheque.com

:?  :?:  Very strange :-k

They must have had a big refub and replaced that part of Crush.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

ICHAPMAN

Noticed in November when we went (haven't been for a year) parts of Rock which look like they were left over from the construction of both Crush and Cars.

Nicholas-c

bits missing from the ride :p whoops :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

CafeFantasia

Ok, I'll try posting my question again here.

When is the best time of day to ride Crush's Coaster, in regards to avoiding queueing?

Riebi

I think early morning after after the opening if you are running to the attraction and running faster and faster till nobody is in front of you! :D

Or later at the day. An half hour before closing.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

-breeno-

I've only been when the park first opens (we were waiting in Studio 1 for quite a while until the doors opened), there was alot of people in waiting for the park to open and when it did, everyone ran to Crush, but i'll guess soon they'll be running to ToT :lol: so Crush maybe a little bit more quiet.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

CafeFantasia

Yes, the Tower of Terror should calm the queues for Crush. Good point. But it probably still makes sense to ride Crush first thing, since Crush has a much lower capacity than the Tower of Terror.

Actually, I really can't imagine the Tower of Terror having too long a line, since it is a pretty high capacity attraction, and thrilling enough to scare off small kids and older adults.

So yeah, a good plan of action on park opening is to go straight to Crush, then get FPs for the Tower of Terror, ride the Tower of Terror, then use the FPs later on to ride it again.

Anthony

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"Noticed in November when we went (haven't been for a year) parts of Rock which look like they were left over from the construction of both Crush and Cars.
Probably test pieces from when they were trying to get the right effect? I seem to remember seeing a piece exactly like this sat in a tent in a behind the scenes video. Nice in-joke for Crush fans.

It adds so much colour to that dull forest though... it's surely getting desperate when some painted concrete is a revelation for STT. :?

Riebi

yes it is. I´ve read that they have take just test-pieces for the tram tour. They´ve tried out the right colour scheme and other details.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Japper

The whole studio tram tour deperately needs an update :S Everything looks rotten away.

Kristof

Guys, I've just opened a new topic just for STT, since there's indeed a lot to talk about.  :wink:  :lol:

viewtopic.php?p=50398#50398