Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"There's a new sign!!!
Can anyone remember what it replaced? I noticed the empty spot in August and wondered why they had to remove something.

Well if you look at this photo on Photosmagiques that was taken on the 4th of June, you'll see there was nothing! :?

Japper

You can still spot the outlines of the previous plate!
I guess it was the one that you can also find on the WDI pin set!

The one with Bruce:

RnRCj

I rode Crush on Wednesday. I really loved it :D The queue was about half an hour, but it moved really quickly and there were no 101's :lol:

The dark ride section was great. I really liked the Nemo and Squirt projections - It was as if they were really there :lol:

The actual coaster part was fun, but I think it should have been a bit darker, and there should have been more to look at. It was basically just a black room :? The drops and stuff were great fun though, and on a few parts I thought I was going to hit the wall :D  

One thing that really annoyed me was when our shell kept stopping. We stopped 3 times - In the jellyfish scene, at the bottom of the lift hill, and at the top of the lift hill :? It wasn't just for short moments either, it was about 30 seconds for each one. I don't know why :? And also, when we went past the storage shed, the door was wide open, and we could see right in. It ruined the illusion of being underwater a bit :?

Despite this though, I really enjoyed Crush :D It's a great ride, and I would queue up about an hour for it :D

The Butlin Boy

Glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

Maarten

Quote from: "RnRCj"I rode Crush on Wednesday. I really loved it :D The queue was about half an hour, but it moved really quickly and there were no 101's :lol:

Is this just coincidence or can somebody tell me if Disney has managed to fix the downtime of Crush? Is there any progress in fixing the problems the attraction had in its first months? :)

smurfy74

You must have been lucky it broke 3 times last week when we were there

speedpacket

Quote from: "MSW"
Quote from: "Japper"I hope for you that your joking about this..

Well, I'm hoping for me that you won't tell this to the staff, but that would be a bit of mean.
I'm not encouraging or something, but only I did it.
It could be a joke, if you're smart, but the line in that case, isn't bonded with ropes. so you indeed can skip 50 people as they watch parades.
And, I certainly did this. more people do this.
People find it normal to be like that, and I was like with a group of 20 people. So I could. Was it that wrong? Illegal?
I really know about how you get pulled out of line when staff sees it.
And I'm only 16 years old, if you must know.

But: has anyone got on-ride photos? That would be so cool! Thanks.
Hi,

Asmuch as I appreciate your honesty, please do not use the fact that you are only 16 and the fact that "everyone else" does it as an excuse for such behaviour.  Anyway - if I noticed you doing this, I would even have pulled you from the queue, and I'm not a cast member, but a guest ;)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

RnRCj

Quote from: "Maarten"
Quote from: "RnRCj"I rode Crush on Wednesday. I really loved it :D The queue was about half an hour, but it moved really quickly and there were no 101's :lol:

Is this just coincidence or can somebody tell me if Disney has managed to fix the downtime of Crush? Is there any progress in fixing the problems the attraction had in its first months? :)

Just coincidence :lol: Over the next two days we didn't see a single time when it wasn't broken :o

giuly09

My eldest son and me rode Crush on Monday 17th first thing in the morning and the queue was about 20 minutes.
I am sorry to say i didnt like it much  :( , the queuing line is pretty boring and there is little if nothing talking about Nemo and friends but the seagulls saying *mine mine* when you are already close to the ride.
The first drop is endless and left me breathless  :shock: , then i found hard to find my stomach again, think i had left it somewhere around there lol
The ride is pretty fast, i didnt expect it to be like that and the turtle shell didnt make me feel *protected* enough.
Said that, my son liked it a lot and convinced his brother to try it and they rode it twice then (early afternoon and the next day at the opening of WDS). The queue can still very long at times though  :? .

loulou

i have to say i didnt really like Crush's Coaster  :(   i saw it being built last december and have been waiting to go on it since then!

i queued up with my boyfriend and two friends for 25 mins on tuesday 18th sept while the wds parade was on. The queue area was ok, nothing spectacular but still ok. when i sat in the shell i felt as if i was not in properly and the bar was really tight against me, thank god it was!!

the bit were you go shooting outside was good, then the nemo and squirt bit was ok, although i couldnt really hear what they were saying. I liked the jelly fish area but from then on it was hell on earth!!!!!!!  

The rollercoaster part in the dark was very quick, sharp and scary.

i shut my eyes and screamed all the way round, it was very very fast and we were spinning quite alot, i was green when i got off, it was a truly unforgettable experience.

I vowed i would never go on it again but was persuaded by my boyfriend after being adamant i would never step foot in a shell again, so we queued up again for 10 mins this time and i whimpered like a little puppy all the way round as my throat was hurting from the time before  :oops:

if you like rollercoasters then i suppose it would be the perfect ride for you, at least i know it aint for me now

:cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:
When you wish upon a star

giuly09

Quote from: "loulou"i have to say i didnt really like Crush's Coaster  :(  
when i sat in the shell i felt as if i was not in properly and the bar was really tight against me, thank god it was!!

the bit were you go shooting outside was good, then the nemo and squirt bit was ok, although i couldnt really hear what they were saying. I liked the jelly fish area but from then on it was hell on earth!!!!!!!  

The rollercoaster part in the dark was very quick, sharp and scary.

i

Loulou,
i felt the same as you  :oops:  but i was told in an Italian Disney Fans Forum it is just what a spinning ride should be so it was me the wrong one lol

I had read Disney wanted Crush to be a *family* ride but i am not so sure it is suitable for children, unless children are braver than me :roll: lol

Funny enough i was ok on RNRC and SM  :lol:

The Butlin Boy

The image below may be a bit to much for some people, so I've made it a link:

:arrow: http://kyotodmi.free.fr/DLRP%2004102007 ... %20293.jpg

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Source: Kyoto at DMI

Owain

:lol:

Anthony

Quote from: "Owain":lol:
Ohh you're so cruel! Maybe one of the CMs did it, did it finally drive them insane? :lol:

But seriously, awful... couldn't they even cover it with a black bag or something, until the engineers can fix it? Crush's Coaster felt so unfinished to me anyway (mainly talking the queue here), for an attraction with such huge popularity they need to rethink the amount of attention and finishing touches it has.

Reiana

I wonder how this could happen. The two seagulls are high above? How can one of them be ripped apart?  :shock: