Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyAlba

Hi all, back from my Disneyland trip!

I ended up not riding Crush's Coaster... Not because I was too scared to try, though I must admit I did not like the idea of a steep drop, but because of the queue.  :cry: The indicated waiting time was 90 minutes most of the time. Incidentally the waiting time was 75 minutes, but I've also seen 110 (!) minutes indicated! (And that was early in the morning, even...)
Taking into account that we had to leave at 4 pm already yesterday, and that my mum would be all alone during that waiting time (Big Thunder Mountain horrified her, I'm sorry to say, so she wouldn't ride Crush), I decided it just wasn't worth that long wait. And besides, being in a queue for that long by myself would just have made me fret so much, that at the end of it I would probably have been too wound up about the drop to enjoy it.  :wink:

So, maybe on a next trip... That will be a while though.
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Nala_84

Hey,

it's a pity you couldn't try it - would have been great to get a report from another one being afraid of big drops ;)!

But I can understand you, 90 minutes to wait is really, really long and annoying  :shock: Isn't it possible for Disney to install the Fast Pass System at Crush's?!

Well, my intention in September is to arrive at 9.30 am at the studios, stroll along Studio 1 and with the opening of the gate, I'll "run" (or walk really really fast) to Crush - then the waiting time can't be THAT long, can it?!  :lol:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "Nala_84"Hey,

it's a pity you couldn't try it - would have been great to get a report from another one being afraid of big drops ;)!

But I can understand you, 90 minutes to wait is really, really long and annoying  :shock: Isn't it possible for Disney to install the Fast Pass System at Crush's?!

Well, my intention in September is to arrive at 9.30 am at the studios, stroll along Studio 1 and with the opening of the gate, I'll "run" (or walk really really fast) to Crush - then the waiting time can't be THAT long, can it?!  :lol:

I would love to see the Fast Pass system at Crush's Coaster, indeed!

Your plan sounds very good - That's probably the only way to have a 'normal' waiting time.  :wink: But we really wanted to ride Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast in Disneyland Park one last time during the Extra Magic Hours, before going to the Disney Studios, so we didn't leave Disneyland Park till 10:00... (On a sidenote: those morning EMH are a truly great system!)
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Kristof

This has been discussed before.  Fast Pass is not possible!!!  There is not enough capacity to add this system.  The standby line would only get larger and larger.

The best time to go is during the parade.  In the morning it's the craziest!  EVERYONE runs.  It's running or get pushed over.  People can be crazy sometimes.  :roll:

Nala_84

Really?! Well, I could have thought about that I'm not alone with my idea  :roll:

It's a pity Fast Pass won't work here, but okay. But I need to watch the parade, who knows if it'll still exist when I'm there next time ;)! But we'll be there for 4 days (finally, I've always been there for only 2 days), so I guess on a Tuesday and/or Wednesday we'll have a better chance to get on Crush?!
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

RocketBabyDoll

Well, when I was there in June being there at 9:30 and then running worked. There was a lot of pushing at the entrance, but I'm rock concert experienced so it was not a big deal for me.   :lol: As soon as I was in line I could walk straight to the part with the stairs and then it was just a ten minute wait till I got to ride it.

And about the drop fear. Well, I used to be afraid of drops till some months ago actually. And sharp turns. But then I just thought "whatever" and went on rollercoasters and it magically disappeared. So don't worry too much, just do it. I don't really like the airtime feeling in the stomach, but somehow I never get it. Didn't get it on RnRC or Space Mountain either. My only problem with rollercoasters that are not inside is the height as I'm afraid of it. But it's okay on most coasters.  :)
Don\'t waste your time or time will waste you

speedpacket

Quote from: "Nala_84"Well, my intention in September is to arrive at 9.30 am at the studios, stroll along Studio 1 and with the opening of the gate, I'll "run" (or walk really really fast) to Crush - then the waiting time can't be THAT long, can it?!  :lol:
You forgot that there are thousands or people tryiong to pull that off - I couldn't believe my eyes about how rude people can become just to be first in line...

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not run like an idiot, crushing little children - that's not what "Crushes coaster" means :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Kristof

And it all starts in Studio 1 with people yelling at CM's why they can't enter the park, even when it's not 10am yet.  Instead of having topics about rude CM's, maybe we should start one about rude guests.  I have plenty of stories.  :roll:  :lol:

speedpacket

Quote from: "raptor1982"And it all starts in Studio 1 with people yelling at CM's why they can't enter the park, even when it's not 10am yet.  Instead of having topics about rude CM's, maybe we should start one about rude guests.  I have plenty of stories.  :roll:  :lol:
LOL - Don't tease me ;)
Next visit:

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Nala_84

Well - I hope you don't accord to me, cause I'm really NOT a rude guest ;)!
I would never run over children, be unfriendly to CMs or something just to get to an attraction, so don't worry ;)!
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

speedpacket

Quote from: "Nala_84"Well - I hope you don't accord to me, cause I'm really NOT a rude guest ;)!
I would never run over children, be unfriendly to CMs or something just to get to an attraction, so don't worry ;)!
Hehe - wasn't intended personally towards you.  We don't know you personally, so would never be able to make such a judgement :)  
I just try to make sure people understand they shouldn't be running for it (even though it does sometimes look like a great idea, in my opinion a 100 minute wait is still very much worth it...)

For what's it worth: I have never queued longer than 75 - 80 minutes for the ride, and that was even when it was advertising a wait time of 120 minutes. Maybe they updated the software to advertise a more accurate expected wait time, but if they haven't, it may still be overestimated, so don't hesitate, and queue for the ride anyway - you'll love it I'm sure :) :) :)
Next visit:

Flounder

Aloha,

I hope you don't mind that I did not read the complete thread and excuse me if my question should have already been answered - but what I'd like to know is if there are any recommendations on when to ride Crush's Coaster.

I mean - does it make sense to wait until the park's almost closing or is the best way to avoid the extensive waiting times to go there first thing in the morning, assumed that you really arrive at the front gate before opening time.

Many thanks for any suggestions ...

Cheers,
Flounder

GeoffD

When i went i arrived at the resort at 9:30 and went straight to the studios, when we got in everyone headed to Crush leaving a short que for both Cars and Flying carpets, went to the carpets. Staright on then to cars, 15 minutes or so wait.

I left Studios at 2pm and still a 110 min que, left crush for next time

Kristof

QuoteI hope you don't mind that I did not read the complete thread and excuse me if my question should have already been answered - but what I'd like to know is if there are any recommendations on when to ride Crush's Coaster.

I suggested a couple of topics above yours that the best time I noticed is during the Cinema parade.  Queue lines dropped to 45 minutes when we were there.

Nala_84

Do you think or assume, raptor, that Crush's que line could shrunk in the lower season? As far as I know there aren't french school holidays from 23rd - 26th September, could the waiting time be shorter than now, in the High season of summer?!
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]