Disneyland Resort Paris changes back to Disneyland Paris

Started by RnRCj, April 11, 2009, 12:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmara

Quote from: "kmara"well, it's kind of .... plain?!  :?
I have to apologize here; with my statement I didn't mean Anthony's creation (I really like that one with the castle!), I was referring to Kristof's post and meant the new logo!
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

Anthony

That's ok kmara, I don't think my idea was popular anyway...

We have our first updated page on the official site, a new language select screen: http://www.disneylandparis.com/?c=0

Bit ugly now, isn't it? But better for being separated by language rather than country.

Just to confuse us, the page title remains Disneyland Resort Paris... now is that a sign that Resort might stay in some official way, or have they just made the usual mistake as they do with almost every page?

Every other website, from France to Spain, and including all their press sites, corporate site and business solutions site remain with the "old" name. It must also suck that they bought 12,000 new nametags with "Resort". I wonder if the new park ticket design they only brought in at the start of April will also change...

kmara

Quote from: "Anthony"It must also suck that they bought 12,000 new nametags with "Resort". I wonder if the new park ticket design they only brought in at the start of April will also change...

Now this is what really stunned me; it makes the move look like they would have no plan at all; just an out-of-the-blue decision. or there has been lots of misunderstanding in the different sections of the company, or just not enough transparence.
why would such a renowned company make such a blow in the air? I don't think they have too much money, or do they?  :?  :-k
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

dagobert

Today I got an email from DLRP and it doesn't use the DLRP logo anymore, just Disneyland Paris.
So I think they are starting the rebranding.

bigrossco

looks like its getting down slow!

the UK site still shows Disneyland Resort Paris
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Willow

It better had change, I just spent ages getting rid of the resort out of my sign.  :lol:

The name change won't make any difference, everyone over a certain age will still call the resort Euro Disney.

never2old

Quote from: "Willow"The name change won't make any difference, everyone over a certain age will still call the resort Euro Disney.

By over a certain age, you mean over 15-20 right  :P ? Because I still often call it Euro Disney...   :oops:

Barnsey313

Hmmm, not too keen on the idea. Resort makes it seem much grander and separate from the  world outside.
 Plus all my pins say 'Disneyland Resort Paris' on them and i'm a perfectionist.  :P

James.

Javey74

I did read somewhere quite a while back the reason why Disneyland Paris gained the extra 'Resort'. I know it had something to do with the added WDS Park, but I can't remember exactly, but I do know it made real sense.  So what is the main reason for taking it back out, other than trying to link it back to Paris, since the current name already states that anyway..  :?:  :?

Looking at the historical name changes, it does seem like an illogical reverse of previous years.  :roll:

Willow

Every Theme Park is calling itself a resort these days.
Even Flamingoland is a resort.....

Disneyland Paris is 'snappier', says what the place is and where is it. Thats all it needs to do.
Disneyland Resort Paris is longer and you could argue that the added resort doesn't add anything to the message that the name is trying to put across.

Maybe it was originally changed to Disneyland Resort Paris to help market the 2nd gate?

Anthony

Yes, mainly just to signify that there was much more than 1 day's worth of attractions now. It's interesting though that in 1992 it was strongly worded as "Euro Disney Resort" before even back then the "Resort" seemed to slip away.

As long as they call the park "Disneyland Park", then "Disneyland" itself can be the whole entire resort. Disneyland = theme park resort, no need for the extra word.

The problem Paris has is that it can't really add or drop "Resort" onto the end of its name neatly, like Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, etc.  Disneyland Paris Resort doesn't seem right for some reason, and you don't want that redundant word clogging up the middle.

Although you might remember that very brief period in late 2001 when all the brochures changed to Disneyland Paris Resort?

Javey74

Well either way, I personally don't use Disneyland Paris or Disneyland Resort Paris when talking about it, it's always DLRP, it just seems to roll off the tongue, it's also a habit I've got into using now for the last year and a half.  Unless I'm talking to someone who hasn't got a clue of what I'm talking about then I'll mention what it is, then I'm back to using DLRP, I don't even use DLP..  :P  :mrgreen:

pussinboots

Quote from: "Anthony"Yes, mainly just to signify that there was much more than 1 day's worth of attractions now. It's interesting though that in 1992 it was strongly worded as "Euro Disney Resort" before even back then the "Resort" seemed to slip away.

As long as they call the park "Disneyland Park", then "Disneyland" itself can be the whole entire resort. Disneyland = theme park resort, no need for the extra word.

The problem Paris has is that it can't really add or drop "Resort" onto the end of its name neatly, like Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, etc.  Disneyland Paris Resort doesn't seem right for some reason, and you don't want that redundant word clogging up the middle.

Although you might remember that very brief period in late 2001 when all the brochures changed to Disneyland Paris Resort?

Yeah yeah... It was just the old Disneyland Paris logo with "Resort" underneath in that same Gill, right? I also think I have a brochure from that time which reads "Disneyland Resort Paris" in that same style.

There have been a LOT of names and logos, that's for freaking sure.

Willow

I've noticed they have started showing the MMP advert again here in the UK.

They have dropped the resort from the logo's.

For anyone who isn't mindly obsessed its very difficult to notice.

The website has also changed but the browser title still says Resort.

littlemermaid83

I quite liked Disneyland Resort Paris.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!