Worst ride to breakdown on?

Started by bigrossco, March 23, 2009, 01:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke85

I was a bit surprised the first time I went on Crush's Coaster, it was more extreme than I'd expected! It's a lot of fun though!

CentralPlazaPerson

Agreed I forgot there was a small but fast drop after the jellyfish scene.... I think.....During the scary fish scene.
And is Bruce ment to light up when you go past?

luke85

I remember Bruce did light up when I was on it, it was a strobe light though I think.

If you broke down on the EAC part of the ride I can imagine it would be quite a task for the CMs to get everyone out, especially if your shell was still spinning haha!

CentralPlazaPerson

How shells would be in the EAC part at the same time?
Bruce didn't light up when I went on it last weekend. I was goin up that lift hill backwards though :?

luke85

I still saw Bruce when I was backwards one time, maybe the effect was broken last weekend? I thought that there was always at least one other shell whizzing round the EAC at the same time as you?

Agent Lex

Bruce is definitely harder to see going backwards than going forwards. That said, I think the angler fish is better going backwards, so it's a trade-off.

RnRCj

Sometimes the Bruce effect isn't quite synchronised with the car and it goes off a bit early, so whoever is sitting the back misses it. That might've been what happened.

For me, there is no worst ride to breakdown on. My dream is to get stuck on one of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster's mid-course brake runs so we have to be evacuated! :mrgreen:

bigrossco

to be honest i would jsut love to get evacuated on ANY ride dont mind what one just to see how the CM's react and see some parts of the backstage areas  [-o<
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

CentralPlazaPerson

same here! Space Mountain would be class :P half way up the laucher...imagine the view for magicforum trip reports :P  :P

TowMater

When I went we got broke down on Crush's Coaster and they never got the lights on and we were one corner away from the loading platform and Crush's words was going in my head "Awesome dudes, Now stay seated til your shell goes to the bird house, Got ya latter lil dudes!" and when we found out why there was some drunk people in the queue and the staff refused to take them on, Good on them!
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Nicholas-c

Broken down on the outside chain lift hill on Big Thunder Mountain, That was a supprising long walk back :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

ColdSun

Never really have been on a ride that broke down and had to be evacuated but last time I went, we were on Crush when it stopped for a few minutes. We were just being pulled up the first hill and basically "hung" there facing the ceiling (not that you could see anything since it was dark). Not a very nice feeling even though I felt much more sorry for the people who faced down the hill :shock: ...

Aveen2008

When I was in DLP in 2006 we broke down during the Snow White ride, the whole thing only lasted about 5 minutes but thats a long time when your stuck with scary figures of the Witch and darkness all about, my friends and I were totally freaked out. We were wondering whether to get out of the carts or not, there was no one behind us or infornt so we felt totally alone...it was also near the end of the day and we thought perhaps they were shutting down the ride and forgot about us! :o  It was scary hehe!!
Luv Aveen xoxo

luke85

Quote from: "Aveen2008"When I was in DLP in 2006 we broke down during the Snow White ride, the whole thing only lasted about 5 minutes but thats a long time when your stuck with scary figures of the Witch and darkness all about, my friends and I were totally freaked out. We were wondering whether to get out of the carts or not, there was no one behind us or infornt so we felt totally alone...it was also near the end of the day and we thought perhaps they were shutting down the ride and forgot about us! :o  It was scary hehe!!
That sounds pretty creepy! :shock:

Gemz

a couple of times when ive been to dlrp we have been on the haunted mansion when it has broken down it was quite freaky!! the first time we were at the bit near the start where the bride is running through the hallway and the next time was in the haunted western village. it wasnt too bad though because it only lasted about 5 or 10 mins.