Hotel Refurbs

Started by pupster, November 20, 2010, 03:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pupster

I'm planning a trip for my family for May 2011 w/b 9th or 16th (2 adults and a 3 year old boy).  I'm not 100% decided on hotel as yet though swaying towards the Cheyenne.  I've been through an endless number of reviews and by the sounds of things refurbs are long overdue in some areas.  I'm interested in any refurb info/current state of Santa Fe, Cheyenne and Sequoia.  I've read the recent rumours of Sequoia refurbs taking place anytime soon but any news on the other two hotels would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone knows how far the Hotel L'Elysee at Val d'Europe is away compared to the above hotel and any views on staying here vs the above hotels.

jackieann

hi.

I have only stayed on site in all 3 hotels you mentioned. All have always been clean, tidy and have comfortable beds clean bedding. etc. Your son would love the Cheynne theme wise its def my favourite!! room wise SL is a little bigger but for the amount of time in rooms is it worth the extra cost.  Personally i did not like the santa fe for the theme but still was clean. just depends how much you want to spend.  

With staying on site you can at least walk back to the hotels at the end of they day and not get in the bundle for the buses it can be quite stressful!! we always walk even in the rain / cold etc.

torillien

Just come back and we were at the SL and I was very very impressed with the room (we were in a lodge one of the ones with the 2 double beds)

They are well underway with referbing when we were thre and the room I was in was very spacious. just a 15 min slow amble with a 3 year old to be at the park in the morning .. am planning on going back there in June :)
Self confessed Eeyore nut, IT Geek, IBM Champion, and Disney addict
WDW - Feb 2013 - Pirates at the Caribbean Beach

DLP - March 2012 - Disneyland Hotel, WDW - January 2012 - Swan Restort, DLP - June 2011 - Sequoia Lodge, WDW - January 2011 - Dolphin, DLP - November 2010 - Sequoia Lodge

Dolph7800

Quote from: "torillien"Just come back and we were at the SL and I was very very impressed with the room (we were in a lodge one of the ones with the 2 double beds)

They are well underway with referbing when we were thre and the room I was in was very spacious. just a 15 min slow amble with a 3 year old to be at the park in the morning .. am planning on going back there in June :)

Sounds like exactly the room we have- in the lodges with 2 double beds. Just over a month to go so looking forward to checking it out!

Martyn

Quote from: "torillien"Just come back and we were at the SL and I was very very impressed with the room (we were in a lodge one of the ones with the 2 double beds)

:?

According to lolad in the other topic, the lodges are closed now, until April?

Kt

We are considering staying in Hotel New York in February. I have just read a review on Trip Advisor that said it is undergoing extensive refurb. I've read all about SL refurb here but nothing about Hotel NY. Does anyone have any info?
Nov 05 Sequoia
Feb 06 Sequoia
Dec 06 Sequoia Honeymoon Suite
Feb 08 Sequoia
Dec 09 Sequoia
Feb 11 Hotel New York Empire State Club
Jan 12 Hotel New York - Honeymoon Suite
Jan 13 Sequoia