Worst ride to breakdown on?

Started by bigrossco, March 23, 2009, 01:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrossco

Quote from: "Walts heir"The worst one is definetly the tower of terror beacause if anything happens people will panick also it will take a while till a cm comes
the 2nd one is Indiana jones during the loop with your head upside down butifthere is. Problem on any ride they make sure every car is close to an emergency exit before they stop the ride

From what I have been told it would not stop upside down due if it was to break down, with the speed the rides go at etc it would be more than capable to complete the loop before coming to a stop
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Walts heir

Quote from: "bigrossco"
Quote from: "Walts heir"From what I have been told it would not stop upside down due if it was to break down, with the speed the rides go at etc it would be more than capable to complete the loop before coming to a stop

i think they stop the ride when every car is close to an emergency exit cuz last time it broke down when i was on it it stopped ecaxtly next to the emergency exit but in case of emergency they can stop the car and make it advance slowly i heard

cahaya

The worst ride in an evacuation situation would be any roller coaster for me. I am very afraid of hights. Thanks Disney in the most rollercoaster it is dark and you cannot see how high you are. But with lights on and walking on the tracks or sth like this.... no way.

I have been evacuated on PoTC and on Phantom Manor. PoTC was funny, because the CMs weared some big elastic trousers and walked with them through the water and carried the boat to the next evacuation exit. In my case it were the stairs right before the bridge before the scene where the dog an the dunkey is. We walked up stairs and went behind PoTC. Very exciting!

Scary was the evacuation in Phantom Manor. We gut stucked in the Madame Leota room, stayed there about 30 minutes and then CMs came, lifted the bars on every doom buggie by hand and went with small groups of people to the next exit. I nearly got a heart attack as the first bride looked around the corner. Every audio animatronic was still on! The CMs were very nice and told everyone "They are just robots". But everyone was scared to go so near them. It was exciting, but very scary.

Next week I will go to DLP again. Hopefully everything works.

Sorry my english mistakes. I am from Germany and school lessons are long ago.

cahaya
If you can dream it, you can do it.
Walt Disney

Mrs. Jennes

@cahays: your english is good, i can understand every single word  :D/
wow i never want to get rescued or evecuated, i actually even don't want to get stuck.
i don't know why, maybe it's interesting, but i would only be nervous and would lose too much time  :shock:

A dream comes true the 10th Time in March \'10

Walts heir

Quote from: "cahaya"The worst ride in an evacuation situation would be any roller coaster for me. I am very afraid of hights. Thanks Disney in the most rollercoaster it is dark and you cannot see how high you are. But with lights on and walking on the tracks or sth like this.... no way.

being afraid of heights too i think the worst would be the TOT i can just imagine having a cm ask me to get up while the elevator is up there at the part where u can like see the whole park

DopeyDad

Thought I'd revive this topic as we were evacuated from Peter Pan during our trip this week. It originally stopped with us next to one of the platforms, lights on, for about 5 minutes. They then managed to get the ride going again...for about 5 yards leaving us hovering over the Volcanoes. Fun for a while, but with a 2 and 6 year old with us once the guys in red jackets and big boots turned up we were a bit worried. They took us off using ladders which seem to be kept specially for each location but our spot meant it was quite steep going down as we were close to a wall. 2 upset boys not entirely consoled by being able to walk across London on the way out. The CMs from the attraction were good enough but we were last to get off and the boys were fairly upset by it all. Our eldest didn't want to go back on the next day but he did in the end, thankfully as our 2yo loves this ride to bits and went on it 6 times on Friday.

jrnaylor93

The last ride which I broke down on was back in June on the Tower of Terror.
At the very start of the ride, when you're slowly bought away from the entrance/exit door, we stopped.
In complete darkness the ride stood still for 10 minutes.
By that point everyone was starting to look anxiously at one another.
Then a voice came from inside the ride giving an announcement in French.
We were then bought forward to the door and exited that lift.
Then with the direction of a CM we were shown to another lift whilst the CM acted in the typical tower of terror manner.

Overall it was quite funny!
I think it added to the first time riders experience as they were all working themselves up.

SwipatronSparks

hm... ive been on crushes coaster, POTC and Phantom Manor when they have broken down, never been evacuated but, it was still interesting, POTC we stopped in the middle of a lift hill! i think stoping there was the wettest i have ever gotten on this ride lols XD, crush... im not sure what stopped it but all the lights came on, for a while, it started up again though and they didnt even close the ride down! and Phantom, we stopped a few times, in a few different places, but it was a while ago (2005) so cant remember where we stopped.
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

smurfy74

ive been evacuated from SMM2 just at the launch and all i can say is sitting in the launch position at that angle for a long time is far from comfortable, was exciting though. i did get told off for taking pictures :-)

sebassah

Quote from: "smurfy74"ive been evacuated from SMM2 just at the launch and all i can say is sitting in the launch position at that angle for a long time is far from comfortable, was exciting though. i did get told off for taking pictures :-)

Did they erase the pictures of your camera or something?

To make people less scared to go on Rock and Roller coaster: You cannot get stuck in the loop. IF the ride is stoped by either automatic or manual e-stop the train will stop either before the loop (from 0 to 48 MPH in 2,6 sec and back to 0 in 1,2 sec, not fun i can assure you) or if you are between 48 - 60 MPH the ride will stop you in zone 3, which is the straight piece of track on top of the first hill after the loop. So nothing to worrie there!

smurfy74

no i got told that i couldnt take pics but that was after i had taken a few and uploaded them to facebook!! they werent to quick to see what i was doing :-)

sebassah

Quote from: "smurfy74"no i got told that i couldnt take pics but that was after i had taken a few and uploaded them to facebook!! they werent to quick to see what i was doing :-)

Really... I wanna see them!  [-o<

smurfy74

sent u a PM :-)

disneyloverjessie

ohh, could i see them please? :)
\'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you\' - Pinocchio

\'A dream is a wish your heart makes\' - Cinderella<3

Hotel New York = 10 times
Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

[size=150]Disneyland Paris<3[/size]

Festival Disney

Quote from: "disneyloverjessie"ohh, could i see them please? :)

oh oh oh mee tooo!  [-o< lol
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day