Worst ride to breakdown on?

Started by bigrossco, March 23, 2009, 01:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

We've broken down on 2 rides:

Pinocchio - we broke down in the last room and the clocks drove us mad. Luckily it was only for about 5 minutes.

Snow White - this was the worst as it was for about 20 minutes, it was really hot and it was in a really boring part of the ride where we could only see walls and the odd skeleton.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

claire2281

Quote from: "sebassah"
Quote from: "smurfy74"ive been evacuated from SMM2 just at the launch and all i can say is sitting in the launch position at that angle for a long time is far from comfortable, was exciting though. i did get told off for taking pictures :-)

Did they erase the pictures of your camera or something?

To make people less scared to go on Rock and Roller coaster: You cannot get stuck in the loop. IF the ride is stoped by either automatic or manual e-stop the train will stop either before the loop (from 0 to 48 MPH in 2,6 sec and back to 0 in 1,2 sec, not fun i can assure you) or if you are between 48 - 60 MPH the ride will stop you in zone 3, which is the straight piece of track on top of the first hill after the loop. So nothing to worrie there!

Surely it's impossible to ever stop on the loops since the loops aren't powered - the car goes round them on its own steam so to speak.

Most coasters have designated stop points and unless it's a drastic emergency, the cars ride through until these stop points.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

sebassah

Quote from: "claire2281"Most coasters have designated stop points and unless it's a drastic emergency, the cars ride through until these stop points.

excactly!

MagicKenny

Got evacuated last monday in Space Mountain...
Was in the canon... No fun to get out of the train when it's loaded in the canon on the slope...
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

bigrossco

Quote from: "MagicKenny"Got evacuated last monday in Space Mountain...
Was in the canon... No fun to get out of the train when it's loaded in the canon on the slope...

oh dear how far up were you stuck must of been a long walk out again
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

MagicKenny

Quote from: "bigrossco"
Quote from: "MagicKenny"Got evacuated last monday in Space Mountain...

oh dear how far up were you stuck must of been a long walk out again
Well, actually, when you get out of the train, there's a door that connects the cannon directly with boarding/station area. So it hasn't been a very long walk for me, but I can imagine that when you get evacuated from the second lifthill, inside the mountain it can be a long walk.
The difficulty is to get out of the train when you are on the 'launch slope' in the canon. You need to grab on to something so you can't fall down. It's pretty strange, as the Cast Members are secured with a line to the side and guests need to get out of the train by themselves.
Got evacuated after 5 minutes, as it was at parks closure. Got a FastPass 101 for the next day though! :)

fly_with_me_dumbo

sounds like everyones got evacuated from SM. I'd be in total panic, scared id fall! or drop my bag somewhere!!

Walts heir

getting evacuated from SM must be pretty cool. Do they turn the lights on ? ive always wanted to see the thing with the lights on

MagicKenny

Quote from: "Walts heir"getting evacuated from SM must be pretty cool. Do they turn the lights on ? ive always wanted to see the thing with the lights on
They have to turn the lights on, otherwise it's not safe to evacuacte.

Walts heir

true true must be pretty cool though
:)