It's Dance Time... in Discoveryland (MMP)

Started by Anthony, February 09, 2009, 12:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

More photos on Disney Central Plaza.

Note the enthusiastic crowd dancing along!

Photos by Mouetto

RnRCj

Wow... that's just... just... stupidly bad.

If this ever rolls out when I'm there, I'll be running to the other side of the park. I can barely look at it! :roll:

Kinou

Quote from: "Kristof"More photos on Disney Central Plaza.

Note the enthusiastic crowd dancing along!

Photos by Mouetto

Errr... According to mouetto, the crowd was far from being enthusiastic and was not dancing along (except for EPC members).

Man, I can't wait til 2010 to see all this ugliness going away.
Hug it out bitch !

15MagicalYears

I think that was a little bit of sarcasm there  :lol:

But anyway, I don't like it, Is there a video?  :|

Willow

Its a bit loud isn't it. Hopefully a video will make an appearance once it starts officially.

I'd expect this kind of thing in Tomorrowland NOT Discoveryland.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Willow"I'd expect this kind of thing in Tomorrowland NOT Discoveryland.
I'd expect this kind of thing in Butlins not Disneyland.

I don't see how anybody could like this... even kids. It's all just plain weird, and the costumes are a little freaky too in my opinion. They should be doing more family entertainment instead - stuff that we can all enjoy!

Filip

Well I really like it. I think when the summer comes, it will be great

Maarten

This is simply wrong, anyone with a sense of taste could see that one coming. I cant really comment on the show yet. Maybe there's a good vibe during the show (although I doubt it if the crowds on the pictures are an indication).

However, the decorations are simply awful. Buzz Lightyear in Discoveryland was the first step, but literally sticking a Stitch billboard on our beloved Victorian themed Space Mountain is quite an insult to anyone who cares about Discoveryland (or anything that is left from it). 2010 can't come soon enough regarding the decorations in my opinion.

On a more positive note; the DJ Stitch "float" does look quite good actually. It resembles the same style as the X-wing in the background. I wouldn't mind if they keep it and use it in the Studios in the future.

Kris

The dance moves go down great in Tokyo and I can imagine the 'performer in everyone' in the US parks would make this format a success too. Block Party Bash etc has proved this. In Europe we're far more reserved, so Kat told us.

If they adapted this celebration theme for a European market, they kinda got it wrong. We like to sit and enjoy a spectacle - putting a smile on our faces... not to be the star at the centre of it all. Looks like it will be a rent-a-crowd moment for the press launch. I just hope It's Party Time finds a tamer balance. It certainly should be more of a spectacle to enjoy.
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Kristof

OMG!  People are actually dancing!

Great photo again by Mouetto

-breeno-

This is a lot worse than i expected.  The colours are far to vibrate for Discoveryland (the X-Wing looks out of place in the background, which it shouldn't), I expected the spaceship thing to be half the size it is and not as ugly and the costumes look like something from a cheesy Star Trek rip-off  :sick:

I honestly can't see this thing taking off, it'll just be a bunch on CMs dancing in embrassing clothes while guests watch and laugh instead of joining in.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Captain Pan

Well that's more people joining in than I thought there would be!

Looking at the picture... Wow the guys are wearing high heels! they look larger than a pair of cuban heels! They didn't look so large during the preview!

But I have to agree it does look so out of place in Discoveryland.

Quotecheesy Star Trek rip-off
I would have said Fast Food Rockers... or even Lazy Town...
Its nice to think about going "Futuristic" but obviously Costume and Props forgot that the aesthetics of DLRP's Discoveryland are not the normal of Tomorrowland within the other resorts!

Riebi

:x  I never saw such a ugly cheap looking event inside and outsite a disney park.   :evil:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Agent Lex

The costumes look like something out of Space Channel 5, only that was a spoof of the style. This doesn't look like it is.

luke85

The colours and costumes are too much for Discoveryland, especially so near to Space Mountain, one of the most beautiful, if not THE most beautiful creation in the park. Being near Star Tours & HISTA makes sense because to me these buildings look as if they've come straight out of Tomorrowland, It's just a shame that this event has to be anywhere near SM.

I've not seen the event for myself, but I can't imagine it being any better than what we've already seen either from photos of videos.