It's Dance Time... in Discoveryland (MMP)

Started by Anthony, February 09, 2009, 12:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"(but the darth vader music as stitch came out made me crack up :lol: )

That's the best bit... the rest doesn't really work. They need to scrap the circles on the floor, re-write the show, and turn it into an actual show - not a keep fit DVD :roll:

Anthony

The dancers are brilliant, the guy on rollerskates - great idea. That needs to be said. Have some of them done Tarzan before? They're very agile... really wow, I was impressed.

But... they're entirely wasted on this rather shambolic production, and I can't imagine what it must be like trying to get an audience to dance along when they've not even realised they're standing on the coloured circles they're meant to be dancing on... it just completely and entirely doesn't work.

It needs to be cut down, even watching those videos was a painfully drawn out experience. Stitch needs to arrive sooner and with more of a "wow!". I was expecting something good with him hiding in the float, but it was more of an "oh...". Most of all, though, they need to explain the concept -- you stand on the circles, you dance -- very, very clearly in several languages before anything else. That whole intro segment with the live host talking flew way over my head. The Franglais is painful and the "computer" is a great idea but too slow for an energetic show (not the mention it's clearly that same woman who they hire for every voice in every show).

It's also obvious that even with HISTA boarded up this is a guest flow nightmare in that area, and I'm guessing the Fantasyland-->Discoveryland passage has be completely closed to allow Stitch through?

I still like the idea of the billboard/mural (if not the actual poster design) and the lights above it are a nice addition. The enthusiasm and talent of the dancers might just save it. Looking at those videos though... they're going to have to rework it somehow, surely?

Kris

The concept is great as usual, but it didn't work. Let's be honest. The dancers have so much energy, the music and that billboard thing are all fine, just there's way too much talking (rambling/shouting) and not enough action. It takes 10minutes for Stitch to appear. Add another dance, get rid of the really long intro, but keep the concept. All those sound effects, float arrival etc are fine. Just dragged out for far too long!!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

TowMater

I saw the videos and there isn't hardly anyone dancing.

The reason why Block Party Bash was popular in DCA & WDW is because it has alot of interaction and pulling people out of the crowd sort of thing, This needs to have more pulling people out if it needs to be a sucess.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

CentralPlazaPerson

I personally think Discoveryland is the wrong place to put it altogether. :roll:
During busy days anyway. When I was on Disneyland Railroad I saw Stitch and Co and they pretty much had Discoveryland held up and people couldn't move anywhere. I love the show itself but maybe they should try a different land but nothing seems to fit the theme of it :roll: Central Plaza Stage? at least there are plenty of place for people to walk past it.
In no way am I saying this show is terrible I love it....just a different venue  :D

Kristof

Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"I personally think Discoveryland is the wrong place to put it altogether. :roll:
During busy days anyway. When I was on Disneyland Railroad I saw Stitch and Co and they pretty much had Discoveryland held up and people couldn't move anywhere. I love the show itself but maybe they should try a different land but nothing seems to fit the theme of it :roll:

How perfect would it have been on Place des Stars?

CentralPlazaPerson

Very but what about his dj set and all  :lol: ?

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"How perfect would it have been on Place des Stars?
True, especially with a High School Musical theme or something. Then we wouldn't have to have music like YMCA playing in Disneyland Park. That, to be honest, is the real crime here.

The dance along of Catch the Wave Party was so much better.

britincgn

Certainly the wrong place for the show doesnt fit in at all and I just can not imagine what is going to happen in summer when the park is full,there will be no getting round this area

CentralPlazaPerson

Place des stars sounds good as it adds to the theme of Stitch live.

Willow

I've just got time now to watch some of the show so here are my comments.

The dancers were very good and were definately the best part. Much, much, much better than I was expecting.
However, the whole show was very boring, I turned it off after a few minutes. Yawn.
The "Spaceship" wasn't too bad, it looked realistic from its entrance.

CentralPlazaPerson

why don't we stick stitch in space mountain since he likes it a lot and let riders dance to his music  :lol:  :lol:

MagicStar

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Kristof"How perfect would it have been on Place des Stars?
True, especially with a High School Musical theme or something. Then we wouldn't have to have music like YMCA playing in Disneyland Park. That, to be honest, is the real crime here.

The dance along of Catch the Wave Party was so much better.

OMG! I didnĀ“t see the video. But do they really use YMCA?????
 :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

kaysha

This video from disney magic interactive is quite nice, we see people dancing, and there is YMCA :wink:  :

[youtube:2k82geqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD2K-dEgZt0[/youtube:2k82geqo]

Masamune

:D I love the outfits. :P It looks like a lot of fun.