It's Dance Time... in Discoveryland (MMP)

Started by Anthony, February 09, 2009, 12:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Update (12/02/2010): It's Dance Time... in Discoveryland ended in November 2009 and will not be returning.

It's Dance Time... in Discoveryland is a new dance-along event taking place as part of Mickey's Magical Party. Every day in Discoveryland, Stitch will take to an outdoor podium as DJ and guests will be invited to dance to modern music by following colour co-ordinated steps on special coloured dance mats covering the ground. Several additional dancers will also be involved in the show/event.

Quick Links:
    Preview Guide at DLRP Magic!
    News & Rumours at DLRP Today[/list][/list]

Quick Info:

Official text:
      QuoteIt's Dance Time...in Discoveryland, a massive, movin' dance party!

Pumping, jumping, live and thumping! From his space decks, wild thing DJ Stitch bigs up the crowd as only he knows how, mixin' 'n' scratchin' to get you stompin'!

From hip hop breakin' to big time boogie beats, everyone's groovin' to the smooth cool moves and top tunes! Get down at the dance-tastic duel with DJ Stitch.

Everyone joins together for a far out, sparks-flaring finale!

After all, It's Dance Time...in Discoveryland!
      Official poster advertisement visual:

[/list][/list]

It's Dance Time... in Discoveryland officially premieres from 4th April 2009!

Anthony

It seems work has begun. Well, apparently this is for "It's Dance Time"...

Source: Mathieu, Disney Central Plaza

We knew they were using some kind of coloured mats on the ground, but resurfacing the entire area? And placing the show here..? Maybe they're reusing some of their CinéMagique techniques and want to tempt people toward the ride?

It's good they're putting it down the slightly cheesy 80s/90s end of the land anyway.

littlemermaid83

How many dance mats will be available for this?
      Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"It seems work has begun. Well, apparently this is for "It's Dance Time"...

Source: Mathieu, Disney Central Plaza

We knew they were using some kind of coloured mats on the ground, but resurfacing the entire area? And placing the show here..? Maybe they're reusing some of their CinéMagique techniques and want to tempt people toward the ride?

It's good they're putting it down the slightly cheesy 80s/90s end of the land anyway.

To ironically quote Star Wars; 'I've got a bad feeling about this!' :wink:

pussinboots

Oh dear. There's another Mickey's Magical Party show element that looks like it's going to be around for a while.

Magicalmouse125

This looks permenant. It's not permenant is it. Please say it's not.
      [size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

howtodeal

It seems very similar to what they will do in Central Plaza. wouldn't it be better
      if this show was on Videopolis? this show can be fun if it didn't last for more than a year  :wink:

Riebi

The Disneygazette has some pics of a advert-shooting with stitch and his hm...weired dance girls and boys.

//http://www.disneygazette.fr/stitch-tournage-clip-discoveryland-news-204.html
      Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kris

Those costumes. The definition of camp :) I'd never considered the costumes being remotely space-y so that's cool I guess. Wonder what they're filming this for exactly. There's some fancy camera stuff there so at least it's professional :P

On such a wet and awful day. DLRP never has much luck when filming the promo stuff. Aways dull and gloomy :(
      Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Riebi

Those costumes remimnd me a bit of "The fifth element". This space  stewardess at this luxery space ship had the same "chic"  :lol:
      Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

lil-shawn

hey ya folks,

looks like they´re done with work! the pic is from Disneytheque.com...

RnRCj

What a relief! I thought we were getting permanent multicoloured dance floors. :roll:

casschr05

Quote from: "RnRCj"What a relief! I thought we were getting permanent multicoloured dance floors. :roll:

Yeah
      quite a relief :lol:

Agent Lex

How anticlimactic.

smurfy74

i can understand why they have resurfaced, when we went earlier this minth the walkways in parts of discoveryland were in a terrible state as they had crumbled away, in fact there were huge chunks missing by the entrance to SMM2, it was all coned off to stop people falling over, although i didnt think it was too bad by star traders.