It's Dance Time... in Discoveryland (MMP)

Started by Anthony, February 09, 2009, 12:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Quote from: "Kris"Wonder what they're filming this for exactly.

It's for the Belgian department of the C&A chain. They did a wonderful commercial for Disney kids clothes during the 15th as well (it was later picked up by other C&A departments over Europe).  

On another note, I've been told that It's Dance Time will not be performed in the winter season.  Does anyone of our EPC friends know more?

Kris

Sorry to be boring and technical again, but what are we expecting soud-wise? Unlike WDS, there's few powerful speakers in the performance area. Will they install any or are they just relying on the sound equipment aboard Stitch's 'float'?
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

babybert

Hi there... does anyone no if theres a video of the C & A advert from the 15th (the peter pan one) as i was good friends with Captain hook that day and i never got to see a copy of it...

ClémentLoveBelle

kaysha

It is confirmed that Stitch's Show will be performed in front of Star Traders:

"[..]passez devant Star Traders à Discoveryland, vous pourrez voir Stitch surgir d'un coup avec sa soucoupe volante et ses danseurs dignes de Star Trek pour vous faire danser." (From an interview Media Magic of Kat de Blois)

And Vidéopolis will become Cinema Mickey to see a retrospective of his best films from the beginning to the 50's.

"Mickey sera non seulement présent devant le Château, mais aussi à Videopolis. La salle va être transformée en un grand cinéma, Cinéma Mickey . Que ce soit à table, dans les gradins, ou en bas, vous pourrez assister à une rétrospective des films qui ont fait de Mickey une star, de ses débuts aux années 50, des cartoons diffusés en boucles d'une heure environ présentés par Mickey. Une nouvelle façon de le mettre à l'honneur, cette fois sous forme de dessin-animé."

I Think you'll have your interview in english soon :)

http://media-magic.blogspot.com/2009/03 ... html#links

The Butlin Boy

Thanks kaysha, the Mickey Cinema sounds like a good idea, even though that's pretty much what happens at Videopolis anyway :wink:

babybert

Thanks for the reply and link... its not very long lol!! we filmed all day!

Magicalmouse125

Does no-one else think they might be a bit optimistic about the whole 3,000 geusts thing.
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

casschr05

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"Does no-one else think they might be a bit optimistic about the whole 3,000 geusts thing.
on summer days in the height of the season then I think they might (might :lol:) make the target!
but in the quieter seasons then that is very optimistic :lol:

Anthony

I'm sure Kat must have meant per day or something.

3,000 is how many people fill the entire Moteurs Action stadium! You're not going to fit that many people around Star Traders... unless we're all going to be climbing up onto the roof of SM to see DJ Stitch.

Good news it's going down that end of the land though.

mouetto

Quote from: "Kristof"On another note, I've been told that It's Dance Time will not be performed in the winter season.  Does anyone of our EPC friends know more?
If you look at the french press release, you will see that Dance Time in Discoveryland will be performed from April 4th to November 8th.

Anthony

The English press release they finally published yesterday says "When: from April 4th 2009 till November 8th 2009 - 5 days a week several times a day".

Is that now out of date/incorrect before it was even published, or is Dance Time not 7-days?

Magicalmouse125

Thanks for the timings and dates. does any one know when the soft openeings are happenening.
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Kristof

Here's a video of the entire It's Dance Time... in Discoveryland preview during the Disney Stars Special Event on Monday!

[dailymotion:tp9vglub]x8kpyy[/dailymotion:tp9vglub]

Anthony

Block Party Bash comes to Paris after all, and they seem to have managed to cheapen it. :shock:

It wasn't too bad until the YMCA and all the shouting started. After seeing the relatively good sci-fi costumes of the dancers I was hoping for something a bit more unique. Why don't they play The Feeling of Aloha from Catch a Wave Party?

The guy hosting is very annoying again (probably not his own fault, it's just a bit too much). I hope the final version has Stitch talking - after all, they've got a whole cast of very talented sound-alikes at the park next door.

I couldn't watch the whole video... but thanks again! :wink: