It's Dance Time... in Discoveryland (MMP)

Started by Anthony, February 09, 2009, 12:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

Sounds like Stitch will be demonstrating a new He's A Pirate remix
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

littlemermaid83

Is that the best they do? Stick a orange looking hat on Stitch and make him stand around and do practically nothing.

I'm disappointed, I was looking forward to this...sadly I am not now..... :roll:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Riebi

Members Maureen and Merci Narindra from disney central plaza forum shares some pics of a ugly floor at Discoveryland...

:?

:arrow: //http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard.net/disneyland-resort-paris-f6/la-fete-magique-de-mickey-du-4-avril-2009-au-7-mars-2010-t6712-1080.htm
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

RnRCj

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

If I was drinking something right now, I would have spat it out all over my computer screen. That's just... worse than something Butlins would do.

I truly cannot wait for this whole Mickey's Magical Party thing to be over.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "RnRCj":sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

If I was drinking something right now, I would have spat it out all over my computer screen. That's just... worse than something Butlins would do.

I truly cannot wait for this whole Mickey's Magical Party thing to be over.

With the exception of the last line... RnRCj I agree with you... it looks from those angles as though they've hired a primary school caretaker to paint the "games" on the school yard...

I am not impressed... Hopefully the atmosphere, the dance, the show and the foot traffic will hide the flooring...

The Butlin Boy

Oh dear :? I'm not liking the look of that at all [-X I'm not even sure how they're going to work it; it doesn't look like there's enough, with the big crowds this'll cause trouble, like CP said they look like paintings from a school playground. The worst thing is that they'll be there for the whole year; when the show isn't on during the day, when it has a break during Winter, those markings will still be there :-#

-breeno-

I agree with the above comments, the floor is pretty bad and does look a lot like a primary school playground but what's equally bad is the giant poster on SM :sick:  It looks like it belongs on the side of a fun fair ride :(
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Riebi

Quote from: "-breeno-"I agree with the above comments, the floor is pretty bad and does look a lot like a primary school playground but what's equally bad is the giant poster on SM :sick:  It looks like it belongs on the side of a fun fair ride :(

Indeeeed breeno! The poster is horrible! Looks like the eighties rape the jules verne like victorian futur era. Absolutly undiscoverylandish.
 :sick:  :sick:  :sick:  :sick:  [-(  #-o  ](*,)  :evil:  (Yes I need all this smileys!)
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

littlemermaid83

I agree the floor looks nasty....seriously what was they thinking????? :shock:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

TowMater

AWFUL! AWFUL!

Why didn't they just put this in Toon Studio or in the Fantasy Festival Stage. (Is that what it's called?)
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Japper

I heard they will be using the music from the Block Party Bash Parade!

15MagicalYears

They are, it was in the preview.  :(  I wanted some super, dooper, hi-tech, funky dance party.
Not Bloch Party Bash, it doesn't really add up  :|  Their in futurisitic suits dancing to some old Dance music.  :?

Anthony

Quote from: "-breeno-"the floor is pretty bad and does look a lot like a primary school playground
Ouch, you got it spot on! :shock: I quite like the poster though... maybe not the execution entirely, but the idea of having one in that very boring spot is actually quite good. Looks like it's hiding some speakers too.

The floor looks really, really bad for the 95% of the time that this show isn't happening. Not to mention that they'll have to resurface again in November. And in fact, there aren't that many of the coloured circles (not that I'd want more) -- I can really see some parent punch-ups over which kids got to the circle first. It's not going to be as amicable as the character drawing at AODA, where you can just wait 20mins for another. For all a certain entertainment director's talk that "the party is everywhere, we want as many people as possible involved", this all seems like it'll make more people feel left out of the show.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"And in fact, there aren't that many of the coloured circles (not that I'd want more) -- I can really see some parent punch-ups over which kids got to the circle first. It's not going to be as amicable as the character drawing at AODA, where you can just wait 20mins for another. For all a certain entertainment director's talk that "the party is everywhere, we want as many people as possible involved", this all seems like it'll make more people feel left out of the show.

Actually, it looks like there's more than we first thought...

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Source; Scrooge on Disney Magic Interactive

jennytablina

Haha I was about to make a post about the possibility it would be one kid a song a-la HSM with their skits between songs but with butlins boy post...thats a lot of circles.

I don't think there will be any issues getting enough spaces, in fact there may be a problem getting enough kids brave enough to get out there XD. Children are kind of shy about volunteering at times unless they get excited enough to forget about being shy and join in

Eather way this looks more interactive than the Block Party at WDW was so I have high hopes  [-o<
Going back to Join Mickeys Party! ]

Previous Disney trips:
WDW: 98, 99, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
DLP: 2005 (Surprise 16th Birthday trip!)