15th Anniversary Celebration (2007-2008)

Started by Anthony, December 10, 2005, 03:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"I saw it :lol: , during the break on living TV during Charmed about 15 minutes ago, wow I watch too much daytime TV :lol:
Hahahaha...

Well, it's great to see the advert is making its way to so many channels, timeslots and countries all at once!  I don't think DLRP have ever had such a good "launch" before, this is a brilliant kick-off.

RnRCj

My Mum said she saw the advert when I was at school today. Stupid school  :evil:

fly_with_me_dumbo

just seen it this minute on itv3 after watching super market sweep :oops:  i was actually reading this thinking i'll have to watch out for it :D  :D

tubbsy

Please tell me Supermarket sweep was just on, so that you could catch the new advert!!  :D

I've caught it three times today-third time I was in the kitchen and heard the start and just had to come back in to watch it!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

miss disney fan

i have been waiting to see if i can spot it on tv, not a chance yet, not fair, lol :(

Samninetysix

this sucks, i dont watch tv and daughter has sky perm on bloody disney channel who CAN'T show the advert!!! :(

DisneyBud

I havent seen it yet!!! :cry: Well, I switched over to a channel to see the final frame, yelled out that I missed it, and then it went!! Ah I really need to see it!!

Japper

My father saw it here in the Netherlands! :D I haven't seen it yet!

The Butlin Boy

I was just looking at Dlrp Magic when I realised something about the 15th aniversary, there are 15 new 'gifts' for the celebration:

1.Castle Character makeover
2.Disney's Character Express
3.Disney's Once upon a dream parade
4.Candleabration
5.High School Musical
6.Crush's Coaster
7.Cars Race Rally
8.The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
9.Stitch Encounter
10.Toon Studio
11.Hollywood Studio
12.Kids under 7 FREE!
13.Extra Magic Hours
14.Tailor Made Dreams
15.TGV Est

Was this done intentionally or was it some kind of freaky coincidence that there are 15 things? :?

Patrick

Hmm don't know, but I would say just a random thing, seems too precise for it to be Disney thought.  Suppose it's still a better idea than say Year of a Million dreams, wonder if they will actually give out a million dreams :lol: .
Plus kids free and magic hours are not particularly new things.

Kristof

You forgot More Characters, Alpha-Bet You Are and I'm sure there are some other things as well  :wink:

Kris

What was said about this commercial having such an imapct is so true!

In my house this evening (there's 6 of us, plus partners) we were watching the preview episode of Hollyoaks on E4 and when the advert came on, the room stopped talking, we stopped eating our dinner and most of us seemed amazed!

It has an epic value and the edit of the music is far better than the Virgin Holidays version we recently had on air. It all seems complete, grand, magical and shows the resort in such a good light! My only wish is that they'd leave the shot of the castle until the end, to give it a finale. The castle is used at the end now of course, but we also see it as the first shot of the comercial. It gets your attention and makes you pay attention, yet shows you the best bit first.

Isn't the English guy narrating it so boring anyway? He sounds tired and almost sarcastic when he talks  :roll:
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

Wow, I need to start watching Supermarket Sweep and Hollyoaks... :lol:

I flicked around the Sky channels during some ad breaks earlier but saw nothing.

You can watch it online here:
http://www.visit4info.com/preview-flash ... adid=43354

You're right Kris, very boring voiceover, he sounds like he's thinking "what the..??" as he reads it.  But the fact he says everything so slow could be a trick to pull people in.  We're used to such fast adverts that slow speech makes you actually listen to what's coming next.

Shame they didn't get Kelsey Grammer though... :wink:  :wink:

DisneyBud

Wow, I do love it!!! That isn't actually the new Alice float though is it? Looks a bit like the One from Parade of Dreams in California. Also I think the Crush's Coater bit is quite funny, 'cos the family are just holding a bar lol. Agree they could have done better on the VO!!

shell_ely

wow we saw the comercial last night it is very very good , just hope there is still room in the hotels when we want to go ! ha ha