15th Anniversary Celebration (2007-2008)

Started by Anthony, December 10, 2005, 03:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyBud

The castle looks so grubby there  :(

mehdi5

Well they have like 26 days i'm sure they can do it if they can build a tower of terror that fast they can surely put decorations in the park.

Disneyana

Just one thought of the Chracter Express. From the photos here it does look very much like the Dumbo float from the WWODP. Just in different colours. Do you think they use this float ? So they have just changed a bit of the deco and props and gave it a new colour ? When yes, then I think it will be amazing to see this big float arrive with lots of Chracters to have fun with.  :wink:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Kristof

Yes, it will be the Dumbo float.  I'm sure it was posted a few pages ago.  

I'm wondering how they're going to pull it off, guest flow wise...

Anthony

The official website has been updated a bit:

http://www.disneyland15.com/?r=home&l=uk&c=uk#ceremony

So now we have three English names for Bougillumination:

- Candlabration (shareholders newsletter)
- Candlebration (can't remember where i saw this one)
- Candleabration (disneyland15.com)

:roll: I might just revert to Bougillumination out of protest for silly names.

Oh, and "Tristane" updated "her" blog... but only in french.  I guess she's busy putting it through google translater right about now. :P

Edit: And is it "Disney's Character Express" or "Disney Characters' Express"?  These things really bother me!

By the way - do you think we should have separate topics for these events?

Kristof

It's Candleabration for sure.

The Butlin Boy

I've just seen the 15th aniversary advert on TV, i'm so excited!!!

For anyone who is interested, it will be on again on E4+1 at 6:45 tonight :)

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "Baloo"The TV Spot was shown at the shareholders AGM in several languages.

Download: http://kyotodmi.free.fr/AG%2021022007/A ... %20264.MOV

Mirror download: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2007/dlr ... _dutch.mov
I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this - I think it's easily the best TV ad they've ever done!

According to my best friend in the UK, the advert made its first appearence on ITV in the UK tonight.

He was in a local bar and apparently once the voiceover started the pub actually went quietier with loads of people watching the advert till the end, when normally adverts are just ignored. Obviously it is a super high-quality advert and finally something musically and visually on par with the resort itself for a change.

I've had 8 texts tonight from friends wanting to come over to dlrp this year aswell - coinsidence or is the advert working already?

Kristof

Great to hear!!  The advert was on television here in Belgium as well during the highly anticipated launch of Heroes.

Anthony

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"He was in a local bar and apparently once the voiceover started the pub actually went quietier with loads of people watching the advert till the end, when normally adverts are just ignored. Obviously it is a super high-quality advert and finally something musically and visually on par with the resort itself for a change.

I've had 8 texts tonight from friends wanting to come over to dlrp this year aswell - coinsidence or is the advert working already?
Wow, that's so great!  I can't believe the pub actually went quieter.  I may have to stay near a TV at all times tomorrow, waiting.  I've seen the ad, but on TV... this whole thing might finally seem real. :)

A friend of mine who I introduced to dlrp a couple of years ago returned with her sister a few weeks ago and when I asked "so you enjoyed all the fences?" she started talking immediately about the 15th signs on them all the preparations.  Nice work DLRP. :wink:

Samninetysix

Quote from: "raptor1982"Great to hear!!  The advert was on television here in Belgium as well during the highly anticipated launch of Heroes.

Off topic but Heroes is awesome - i'm up to ep14 ;)

Riebi

The spot was in german tv too. At Pro 7 during "Finding Nemo" at Sunday night :D
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Disneyana

Oh great everyone saw the spot on TV and I missed it. I hope I will see it in the next days. I will now watch more TV then ever. But great to hear that so many people are enjoying the spot and got interest for DLP. That's so great.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

mehdi5

I saw it yesterday here in the netherlands it was aweomse to see it.

Patrick

I saw it :lol: , during the break on living TV during Charmed about 15 minutes ago, wow I watch too much daytime TV :lol: .  Definately is great to see :) .