Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralPlazaPerson

Ratatouille Anthony? :lol:

lil-shawn

here is something i was reading at micechat. does anyone know anything more about it?

QuoteOn a Radio Interview the Euro Disney SAS CEO has announced new attractions for next year . i'm pretty sure that they will announce it in October or end of Fiscal year . He also said that they re actually working on DLP's 20th .

Kristof

Quote from: "lil-shawn"here is something i was reading at micechat. does anyone know anything more about it?

QuoteOn a Radio Interview the Euro Disney SAS CEO has announced new attractions for next year . i'm pretty sure that they will announce it in October or end of Fiscal year . He also said that they re actually working on DLP's 20th .

He said something like: "we're already working on a new attraction for 2010".  That's it.  :)

Kristof

Double post....

Posted this article this evening on WDSfans:

Quote from: "WDSfans"Dutch newspaper "De Telegraaf" ran an article today about John Lasseter's Toy Story Playland announcement:

Disneyland Paris will be getting a new attraction based on the movie Toy Story. That's what John Lasseter, head of Disney's Animation Studios, told at the film festival in Cannes. The festival opens with 'Up', the new movie from the producers Pixar and Disney.

'The park will be getting a separate area in which the Toy Story characters will be coming alive', told Lasseter. The new attraction will open in summer of 2010, simultaneously with the release of the third part of the Toy-Story-movies.

Disneyland Paris currently already has an attraction with Buzz Lightyear, one of the characters of the Toy Story-movies.

Many thanks to WDSfans reader "Brian" for sending in the translated article.

Source

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for that Kristof :)

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "WDSfans"The new attraction will open in summer of 2010, simultaneously with the release of the third part of the Toy-Story-movies.

Well if its being released simultaneously with the third film, then it'll opening around the 18th of June 2010:

viewtopic.php?p=119073#p119073

Willow

It sounds a bit like John Lassetter could be involved in the project.

If true, the small fears that I have had for the project have gone.

The man is a genius and he adds so much to Pixar and the Walt Disney Company.

Anthony

Being both the man behind the films themselves and Chief Creative at WDI, I'd hope he would be involved!

So wow, and we thought Tower of Terror coming to WDS would be the worst DLRP secret ever? It continues to confuse me why Euro Disney SCA haven't run any press releases about this. The MMP launch is over. Any announcement can only be positive for the resort, a sign that it is still expanding despite the financial crisis.

smurfy74

the new 2010 brochure will be out in a week or 2, i wonder if there will be anything in it regarding TSPL

CentralPlazaPerson

Quote from: "smurfy74"the new 2010 brochure will be out in a week or 2, i wonder if there will be anything in it regarding TSPL
Yea hoping there will be something!!

Anthony

It'll be the Autumn/Winter 2009/10 brochure, so there won't be anything Toy Story Playland in there.

Just looking back at Cars, the hole for foundations only appeared mid July 2006, so TSPL still has plenty of time really.

experiment627

Quote from: "Anthony"So wow, and we thought Tower of Terror coming to WDS would be the worst DLRP secret ever? It continues to confuse me why Euro Disney SCA haven't run any press releases about this. The MMP launch is over. Any announcement can only be positive for the resort, a sign that it is still expanding despite the financial crisis.

Actually, it makes some sense to not announce new attractions years in advance: as DLP relies a lot on guests that travel a longer distance - which requires more of planning and effort than local visitors have to go through - Disney probably doesn't want to risk that these guests think "Should I go to Disneyland this year or maybe next year as I just read they are opening something new then?".

I recently caught myself thinking that regarding a future trip to California. Originally, I wanted to in 2010 - but now I'm thinking: "Why bother? I want to visit Disneyland on that trip. And they are opening a lot of fun stuff in 2012 - so let's postpone this vacation!"

Anthony

I know, and we've talked about this before, but from what we've heard recently new attractions like this apparently don't have much immediate influence on the average joe at all. For marketing and press these days, it's all about theme years and limited-time offers. And I've thought the same about California, but how many "normal" people know as much as us?

What I meant was that you'd expect Euro Disney SCA to have announced something, not the Press department. They announced Tower of Terror in the January 2005 financial report. Tokyo has four attractions stacked up and announced by OLC. Is this project still not finalised enough?

The newsdlrp blog is promising to post plans from the land online tonight. Let's see what they've got...

RnRCj

Quote from: "Anthony"The newsdlrp blog is promising to post plans from the land online tonight. Let's see what they've got...
I'm actually excited. :shock:

...but I'm sure I'll still [strike:33pz54yy]moan[/strike:33pz54yy] give some constructive critisism once the plans are released! :mrgreen:

Remco K.

Here they are:

Looks just like I expected it to be.... just plain carnival rides connected by some paths... disappointing.

lil-shawn

QuoteLooks just like I expected it to be.... just plain carnival rides connected by some paths... disappointing.

i argee with you...
donĀ“t understand why disney is take out the pracure drop in DCA and now put one into our WDS, also its not smart to put the halfpipe coaster in, i was thinking they will learn from crush coaster and now they put in 3 low capacity attractions.
its just wrong in my eyes, maybe they change the whole concept befor they begin to build it.