Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Walt Disney took a HUGE risk when building the original Disneyland. I think that what Paris need is a BIG thrill type of ride and a show like Fantasmic but better since it will be newer...
If they build something grand and great people will like it soon or later. A great ride will always be great. Playland is just an easy way of filling empty space and wasting money that could be much better spent.

lil-shawn

QuoteWalt Disney took a HUGE risk when building the original Disneyland. I think that what Paris need is a BIG thrill type of ride and a show like Fantasmic but better since it will be newer...
If they build something grand and great people will like it soon or later. A great ride will always be great. Playland is just an easy way of filling empty space and wasting money that could be much better spent.

i completely argee with you, the money could be spend otherwise. maybe
the world of color show and an expansion of the hollywood blvd. or the theater
district. DCA will take out they´re prachure drop towers and WDS will but some in,
thats such a bad idea.. i think it would be better if they take Toystory Mania and the
musik express attraction into the studios. we don´t need 3-4 toystory attractions in one park...

but we have to wait and see what they will do, maybe it will turn out great. at the
moment nothing is officially, maybe they don´t build something new and just make
mickey´s magical party vol. 2 next year  :P

Anthony

Don't speak too soon there.

Finally! A confirmation of something under way for 2010! In an interview with (I'm guessing) a business magazine, Philippe Gas stated:

QuoteÇa veut dire quoi, ça veut dire que pour l'instant vous mettez entre parenthèses de nouvelles attractions à venir ?

Non, pas sur les investissements en termes d'attractions et de produits. Le contenu créatif, c'est aussi le nerf de la guerre pour Disney, donc on continue à travailler dessus. On a lancé au 1er avril toute une célébration, «la fête magique de Mickey», on a une nouvelle attraction, on a déjà un plan, et on travaille sur le développement pour 2010 d'une nouvelle attraction, donc ça continue. On va continuer à développer. En revanche, ce sont d'autres projets, on peut parler par exemple de projets de développement informatique, un contrôle attentif sur les dépenses liées aux consultants, on a fait aussi des études sur le sourcing et les achats. Ce sont d'autres sources que l'on regarde mais ce ne sont pas les effectifs, et ce ne sont pas les investissements dans le produit.
Source

So basically... "we've already got a plan and we're working on the development of a new attraction for 2010."

lil-shawn

oh wow it sounds like 1 new attraction, so it can´t be toy story mania the time is
to short (to bad  :( )..
i hope we will get some mor information very soon, i hate to wait if i want to
know something  :lol:

Willow

It could be a translation issue.

Mr Gas may just be classing it as 'one' attraction due to the scale of the investment. The attraction is Toy Story Playland.

lil-shawn

QuoteIt could be a translation issue.

Mr Gas may just be classing it as 'one' attraction due to the scale of the investment. The attraction is Toy Story Playland.

yeah i think youve right. hmm better they don´t mess it up  :P
i´m happy for every expansion right now, this gives me more input to
go again. but if i see what happen with the Mickey´s Fun Wheel quee at DCA
i´m really concerned about if they would spend now less money and we get
ugly and bad themed stuff...

RnRCj

Has anything actually happened on the TSPL site yet? Surely there are at least few diggers and piles of dirt by now. :lol:

I'm surprised it has't been announced officially yet. It's only a year to go now. Wasn't Toon Studio announced at least a year and a half before it opened?

I am actually *trying* to be optimistic about this. It's really damn hard, verging on impossible, but... I am trying! If it wasn't carnival rides I'd be a lot happier.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"Has anything actually happened on the TSPL site yet? Surely there are at least few diggers and piles of dirt by now. :lol:

That's from the start of April I think :wink:

RnRCj

Ah, well there's the digger! What about the dirt? :P

Something that might be of interest - I just noticed that the STT is closed from the 11th to 22nd of this month. Could something possibly be happening then? It would be the perfect time to move a few things onto the site.

CentralPlazaPerson

Well with proof from that pic I think the title of this topic should be with (rumour) ;)

4marco

I also had the change to take some pictures of the site.

Greetings Marco

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the pics 4marco, and welcome to the forum. Those photos make the site look huge! :)

Owain

Nice to see work being done :)

But i cant help but think of what those barriers in the background remind me off
Hmmmm....

[spoiler:cymwvj2l][/spoiler:cymwvj2l]  :lol:

Themeing already ? :P

CentralPlazaPerson

agreed :D

Anthony

Thanks 4marco! It's going to be hard to get good overview photos of this unless we don't mind getting funny looks trying to hold cameras over the walls. Any freakishly tall forum members? :)

Quote from: "RnRCj"Something that might be of interest - I just noticed that the STT is closed from the 11th to 22nd of this month. Could something possibly be happening then? It would be the perfect time to move a few things onto the site.
Probably not related... to get to the TSPL site can't they just go round the back of the forest and along the back of the costuming building? I've been assuming the plan of a dark ride to follow this means they'll be able to build TSPL using that access and then retreat and get started on the dark ride in the area next to Costuming (fingers crossed).