Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Capacity will be doubled, which is very much needed. Queues will no longer be 2 days long.

I think its a good idea, both tracks can be linked to operate alongside each other and therefore one can go higher than the other, giving the idea of a race more realism.
The on the next cycle the other car could go higher.

This could be why Disney went for Zamperla instead of the more likely Intamin. Zamperla may have been more open for developing the software for the 2 Half-Pipes.

Very good decision, maybe they have learnt their lesson after Crush?

luke85

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"From WDSFans:

QuoteTwo halfpipe attractions in Toy Story Playland?

Disney Central Plaza member "Magnyseb" says he got access to a plan for Toy Story Playland.

According to him, not one, but two identical "Halfpipe attractions" will be constructed near the WDS forest. He continues that the ride vehicles will not be themed to RC Racer himself, but rather generic remote control toys with RC Racer positioned next to the attraction, similar to Cars Quatre Roues Rallye in which guests ride vehicles inspired by designs from the Cars universe.

He concludes that a small playground for the little ones would be added to the Toon Studio expansion as well.

This'll cause some controversy won't it :wink:

I actually like the idea of this, I know some people will not be happy to hear that there will be two of them, but I like the idea that it could be like a race; it adds something more to the ride and the story :)

A playground would be excellent as well, something that is really needed in the Studios.

I can't wait to see this project develop, I just want to see some concept art online :P
I am so curious as to why there has been no concept art released/leaked yet? I'm desperate to see some!

RnRCj

Well it's nice to see they realised there was going to be some capacity problems! Two halfpipes will be fine IF they look good. A playground could be quite cool too, we just need to see some concept art!

Does anyone know if the giant Buzz will still be appaearing? Because that'd look stupid. That's one of the main things I'm worried about - giant characters being dumped everywhere. I think they should have gone for a generic overgrown garden theme (called something like "Gardens of Adventure"), and then maybe put one or two small Toy Story attractions in.

It just looks really cheap and easy if the land is made up of giant carnival rides and is themed completely to Toy Story.

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"I think they should have gone for a generic overgrown garden theme (called something like "Gardens of Adventure")
In a movie studio? I'm glad to have come here and not found some extended RnRCj post about two halfpipes is the most horrible thing to ever happen though. :P

Because actually, two together would not only solve the ridiculous capacity issue (as far as I know, the vehicle would have held 16 people! 16 per cycle! 16!!!??) but it would also make the attraction feel a bit more substantial and thought-out. Same way that they put two Destruction Derbys together for Cars. Zamperla produce really good stuff for Disney too.

I'm not sure how they'd load/unload two right next to each other though.

I'll get some photos and video online later from the construction site, including a ride on the NEW! NOT IMPROVED! Studio Tram Tour: Way Behind the Magic. The sooner they start building something visible here (or even better: theme the fences a la DCA) to show people what's going on, the better.

And good news: You can see right into the construction site from the Flying Carpets viewing platform! :wink:

Kristof

QuoteAnd good news: You can see right into the construction site from the Flying Carpets viewing platform! :wink:

Oh good! I thought this was going to be the most boring construction ever at DLRP.  :lol:

Willow

Hourly Capacity for one is 800 pph. So two would mean 1600 pph, a good total. (Based on them getting the larger model) Its definitely a Disk-O model isn't it?

The queue could branch off at the end of each ride. A CM can then send people round to either side of the ride to board. This diagram should explain it better.

Green is the Rides.
Blue is the Cast Member.
Grey is the queue/standby line.
Red is the exit.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "RnRCj"I think they should have gone for a generic overgrown garden theme (called something like "Gardens of Adventure")
In a movie studio?
Yes! It could be an overgrown garden set! :mrgreen: The story could be that the Toy Story characters have come to the set to film a new scene! It would be much better than a load of in-your-face Toy Story stuff. I mean, let's face it - when you're walking through Toon Studio; Crush's Coaster is like a big advertisement for Finding Nemo; Cars is like a big advertisement for Cars; and TSPL will most likely be like a giant advertisement for Toy Story.

But when you walk through Fantasyland, you don't feel like you're being looked down on by a load of giant move advertisements. Fantasyland actually has lots of nice non-character based theming too - even on the exteriors of character based attractions (Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio). The characters in Fantasyland actually seem as if they naturally reside in the area, instead of the area being specifically built for them.

Confusing? :wink:

Quote from: "Anthony"I'm glad to have come here and not found some extended RnRCj post about two halfpipes is the most horrible thing to ever happen though. :P
I can't wait until the first concept art is released. :P I'll try and limit myself to 2 or 3 pargagraphs per post!

charlied

I don't know about the half pipe coaster. If it's Toy Story land can't they put Toy Story Midway Mania in! A high capacity ride for all the family

Agent Lex

Not on the budget it seems they have for Toy Story Playland, no. After the twin hit of the mass-expense ToT, and the current state of the economy, I can't imagine the figures are too high for this.

penfold12

Any one know the cost of the planned area? I'm just thinking, with the R & D done on toy story mania, and it potentially going into Disney Sea, coupled with the exchange rate, the proposed toy story attractions can't be much cheaper?? They are even launching toy story mania on the wii

Willow

I'd guess around 15 million euros? (possible big over-estimation)
The rides will be very cheap, they are only all cheap flat rides which practically every small park in the world has. (Less than 5 million?) Most of the money will go on theming.

Toy Story Midway would almost certainly be more. The studios needs more rides so TSPL will get 3 rides compared with only one for Midway Mania.

Kristof

Quote from: "charlied"I don't know about the half pipe coaster. If it's Toy Story land can't they put Toy Story Midway Mania in! A high capacity ride for all the family

No, Ratatouille is going in/near Toy Story Playland.

TowMater

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "charlied"I don't know about the half pipe coaster. If it's Toy Story land can't they put Toy Story Midway Mania in! A high capacity ride for all the family

No, Ratatouille is going in/near Toy Story Playland.

So instead of Hidden Mickey there is a Hidden Woody or Hidden Buzz in the attraction if it is going in TSPL, Just trying to get it on topic.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

kaysha

:D/

It's now "half official"

Photo Kalico Disney Central Plaza

TowMater

I'd perfer Toy Story Mania for this but I am 70% not sure about this new land.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century