Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whoknew?

QuoteI just really want to see the art work for this.

me too, i thought the first art work would be presented at the shareholders meeting on february 11th?

anyway, they have definetly thought about this project and with the ratatouille ride in mind the will have made up something great, we just cant imagine how, but i believe it.

someone here in the forum said a while a ago, 'theres someone at imagineering who really loves the studios' and i doubt he's already gone  :)

MagicStar

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"This is very sad indeed  :cry:
Very sad. :( But there's nothing that can be done about it now - it's happening!

The problem with the whole Toon Studio area is that there is no consistant theme.... it just ends up being one of the worst ideas in the history of Imagineering.

Imagineering Legend John Hench once said:
"When we create a new place, we first think about WHO lives there. After that, we think about the props, the material and the themeing."

Hmmm - I donĀ“t think that anyone at Imagineering thought about this old WDI-Rule when they developed TSPL  :|
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Anthony

I think the thrill of the "halfpipe" is being overestimated a bit, isn't it? This is hardly Nemesis. And to compare this area to Chester & Hester at Animal Kingdom is just plain stupid. You really think 2010 is about to bring a horrible early-2000s ride like Primeval Whirl to WDS, all garish carnival themeing and bare steel?

Quote from: "Whoknew?"anyway, they have definetly thought about this project and with the ratatouille ride in mind the will have made up something great, we just cant imagine how, but i believe it.
Phew! I just hope they get the money to do it all. To be honest I'm surprised even this is still going ahead... presuming they won't just prepare the land and then leave it.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Anthony"I think the thrill of the "halfpipe" is being overestimated a bit, isn't it? This is hardly Nemesis. And to compare this area to Chester & Hester at Animal Kingdom is just plain stupid. You really think 2010 is about to bring a horrible early-2000s ride like Primeval Whirl to WDS, all garish carnival themeing and bare steel?

Well, it probably won't be quite that bad. But it won't help the park in the long run, expanding on the alphabet soup that is Toon Studio. This would have been the time to go back to square 1 and really think about the future of the park in that old-fashioned Imagineering way, involving back-stories and thematic transitions and whatnot. The Toy Story Playland area will after all border on Hollywood Boulevard, effectively worsening two lands at once. Oh, and maybe Frontierland as well.

I'm sure the Imagineers will do their best to make this thing work, as they did with Crush and Cars, but it's hardly ideal.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Anthony"I think the thrill of the "halfpipe" is being overestimated a bit, isn't it? This is hardly Nemesis.
A half-pipe is a quite a thrilling ride - too thrilling for Disney in my opinion. TSPL should at least be made suitable for families.

Quote from: "Anthony"And to compare this area to Chester & Hester at Animal Kingdom is just plain stupid. You really think 2010 is about to bring a horrible early-2000s ride like Primeval Whirl to WDS, all garish carnival themeing and bare steel?
Bare steel - probably. I doubt they would create theming 35m high to cover up the steel.

As pussinboots said, this land will be inches away from Hollywood Boulevard - an area that is highly themed and hasn't been toonified. Seeing a roller coaster tower above isn't going to look very good. :wink:

I promise I will apologise for all this ranting if...

- the land ends up fitting the theme of Toon Studio perfectly
- the land doesn't have in-your-face Toy Story all over it
- the rides don't stand out too much
- the rides don't look like cheap tacky carnival rides
- the land blends in with it's surroundings

...but I doubt most of those thing will happen. :P  :wink:

The Butlin Boy

The first concept art has leaked online:

http://www.newsdlrp.com/dlrp-262-toy-story-play-land-concept-revealed.html

It actually looks a lot better than I thought it would, very colourful, vibrant and well themed; just what the Studios needs. The rides don't look that bad either, I like how they've designed them to fit into the area :) I love the logo on the Slinky dog ride too :P

15MagicalYears

Oh wow, that looks great! Thanks for the link.
Just one thing though.
April Fools finishes at 12!  :lol:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Oh wow, that looks great! Thanks for the link.
Just one thing though.

Na-ah; April Fools DAY :lol:

I had to do that, I'd been planning for about a week; of course it's no where near as good as some others attempts (yes, I'm talking about you Kristof) :wink:

Captain Pan

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Just one thing though.

I had to do that, I'd been planning for about a week; of course it's no where near as good as some others attempts (yes, I'm talking about you Kristof) :wink:

April fools day... and the fact finishes at 12 Noon... always has always will do, its common Knowledge... and actually some sort of Tradition

After 12... The Fool is that who attempts the joke/prank...

so... Taking Inspiration from an Icon...

TBB... I pity the fool
If I ever catch you acting like a crazy fool again, you're gonna meet my friend pain!

(also I do believe notification needs to finalized before Midday too... Hmm... RNRC Development needs to be updated if its "true")

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Captain Pan"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Just one thing though.

April fools day... and the fact finishes at 12 Noon... always has always will do, its common Knowledge... and actually some sort of Tradition

After 12... The Fool is that who attempts the joke/prank...

so... Taking Inspiration from an Icon...

TBB... I pity the fool
If I ever catch you acting like a crazy fool again, you're gonna meet my friend pain!

(also I do believe notification needs to finalized before Midday too... Hmm... RNRC Development needs to be updated if its "true")

Ah well, I'll take that title with pride, coz lets be honest; I am :roll: :wink:

RnRCj

I just stumbled across this site, where a member says that TSPL will include a childrens's playground too:

//http://60671.aceboard.fr/60671-2836-18089-0-nouvelles-attractions.htm

I think they also say that the halfpipe coaster will stop at the top (unless the translation is wrong).

I love the extremely fake-looking picture! :roll:

Willow

Its been mentioned here, a few weeks back, that it could stop at the top.

The rumour of the land containing a playground could just be a translation issue/a guess. Playland/Playground, fairly similar.

Kristof

Quote from: "Willow"Its been mentioned here, a few weeks back, that it could stop at the top.

The rumour of the land containing a playground could just be a translation issue/a guess. Playland/Playground, fairly similar.

The article says there will be a small playground for small children added to it.  Could be true, but the plan I've been shown did not have a play ground.

Magicalmouse125

I think this could be good for WDS. Of course after it's recent redo with the addition of Toon studio so many people flock to the studios to ride Cruhs's coaster just look at the constant huge que line. If this is advertised well more people will come and help Dlrp.
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

The Butlin Boy

From WDSFans:

QuoteTwo halfpipe attractions in Toy Story Playland?

Disney Central Plaza member "Magnyseb" says he got access to a plan for Toy Story Playland.

According to him, not one, but two identical "Halfpipe attractions" will be constructed near the WDS forest. He continues that the ride vehicles will not be themed to RC Racer himself, but rather generic remote control toys with RC Racer positioned next to the attraction, similar to Cars Quatre Roues Rallye in which guests ride vehicles inspired by designs from the Cars universe.

He concludes that a small playground for the little ones would be added to the Toon Studio expansion as well.

This'll cause some controversy won't it :wink:

I actually like the idea of this, I know some people will not be happy to hear that there will be two of them, but I like the idea that it could be like a race; it adds something more to the ride and the story, whilst doubling the capacity. Everybody wins :)

A playground would be excellent as well, something that is really needed in the Studios.

I can't wait to see this project develop, I just want to see some concept art online :P