Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralPlazaPerson

I say build TSPL and to complete Toon Studios build Ratatouille and Gadget's Go-Coaster or something like that :roll:

RnRCj

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"This is dumb, dumb, dumb. Not many people on the forum have experience Flik's Fun Fair or Dinoland, but this is likely to be similar or maybe worse.
Dinoland? I think you mean Chester & Hester's! When I experienced C&H, I thought it was was stupidly bad. I was walking around it thinking "how on earth did this even get past the ideas stage?". Currently, Primeval Whirl is the worst ride I've ever ridden at a Disney park. :roll:

TSPL seems as bad from what we've heard so far. We got a crappy half-pipe coaster and a crappy paratower. Both huge attractions that are unlikely to have superb theming that'll cover up their ugliness.

If the attractions were smaller and more family friendly; and if the area included a "real" restaurant - that would be a huge improvement.

Instead we've got huge in-your-face Toy Story stuff and carnival thrill rides. My nan always comes to Disney with us, and she won't be able to experience any of these rides because they're unsuitable for her. :(

And just out of interest - I asked both my mum and my nan what their top 3 favourite attractions at Disney were the other day. Both of them said POTC, Phantom Manor, and IASW - no kidding! It can't be just coincidence that those are the 3 major immersive family attractions. :wink: These are the sort of rides we need more of - even if they're on a smaller scale.

Willow

Everyone has different tastes.

I prefer a thrill instead of the immersive rides so I am particularly looking forward to the Half-Pipe.

All studios parks are a class of themes, its in their nature.

2010 is going to be an epic year for Theme Park enthusiasts, Roll on 2010.

RnRCj

1 or 2 thrill rides are okay in my opinion, just to keep the thrill seekers happy. They are good if they have superb theming too.

But I think they should have stopped the thrill rides in the Studios after RnRC and ToT. This is a family park, not a Six Flags park.

Willow

It is a family park but it the Studios is more of a thrill park than Disneyland Park.

A lot of the attractions have a more adult theme compared with Disneyland rides.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Willow"Everyone has different tastes.

I prefer a thrill instead of the immersive rides so I am particularly looking forward to the Half-Pipe.

All studios parks are a class of themes, its in their nature.

2010 is going to be an epic year for Theme Park enthusiasts, Roll on 2010.

Then clearly you do not understand why Disneyland was created or it's history. Go to Alton Towers, Blackpool or Europa Park if you want thrills. That is NOT what Disney is about. Nor were the characters in the past. It was about theming.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Willow"It is a family park but it the Studios is more of a thrill park than Disneyland Park.

A lot of the attractions have a more adult theme compared with Disneyland rides.

And what do Thrill attractions have to do with Movies?

Timbo

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Then clearly you do not understand why Disneyland was created or it's history. Go to Alton Towers, Blackpool or Europa Park if you want thrills. That is NOT what Disney is about. Nor were the characters in the past. It was about theming.
Well said Davewasbaloo,Disney is or was all about the theming and immersive experiences this is what makes it stand out from everywhere else !

Willow

Space Mountain is a thrill ride but has a theme.
Tower of Terror is a thrill ride but has a theme.
Big Thunder Mountain is a family-thrill ride but has a theme.
Expedition Everest is a family-thrill ride but has a theme.

Unless of course they are all terribley un-Disney rides.....

davewasbaloo

But the theme is actually more important than the thrill in most of those cases. There are more thrilling rides at other parks.

A signature Disney attraction is greatly themed and is family friendly.

Willow

The modern Theme Park needs both thrilling attractions and family attractions to compete against other parks.

For example Merlin have 3 parks in the UK:

Chessington : Kids.
Alton Towers: Family.
Thorpe Park: Thrill.

The perfect mix to cover all demographics, the thing Disney needs to do in 2 parks.

davewasbaloo

Well they said before Disneyland opened in 1955 that a park without a coaster and ferris wheel would close within a year. Well it took 11 years for DL to get a coaster, and when they did it was a Matterhorn mountain.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Willow"The modern Theme Park needs both thrilling attractions and family attractions to compete against other parks.

For example Merlin have 3 parks in the UK:

Chessington : Kids.
Alton Towers: Family.
Thorpe Park: Thrill.

The perfect mix to cover all demographics, the thing Disney needs to do in 2 parks.

Hmmmm, I have not bothered with Chessington for about 10 years (maybe longer), same with AT and Thorpe Park despite living 90 minutes from all three parks. In the same time we have been to DLP 34 times, Disneyland (Seaworld, Universal Studios, Knott's Berry Farm and Legoland San Diego) twice, and WDW (as well as Sea World and Universal) twice.

I like theme parks, not amusement parks.

Willow

I also like Theme Parks and Alton Towers, and Chessington are Theme Parks.

They may not have the budget of the big American parks but they theme as best they can. Most UK parks do.

smurfy74

Im looking forward to TSPL as i think the studios needs it, I love my coasters and am looking forward to this one,not to sure on the other 2 rides, but I would be distraught if it were in fantasyland, thats where beauty and the beast and the little mermaid need to be. I just really want to see the art work for this.