Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrossco

if i remember right as well this is part of the reason fro the re-route of STT
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Kristof

Yes of course, the Halfpipe coaster is going where the old Tram Road was.  :mrgreen:

Owain

Quote from: "Kristof"Actually work has already begun on the patch of grass behind AODA.

Woohooo  :D, finally another big project we can keep are eyes on with constrution photos and updates !

luke85

I'm looking forward to see how this project progresses! I love seeing the different stages of construction!

phantom247

The best view of construction would be PanoraMagique with a good SLR Camera with a lens of 280+ the higher the better to get more definition of image I hope this helps.

Anthony

Quote from: "phantom247"The best view of construction would be PanoraMagique with a good SLR Camera with a lens of 280+ the higher the better to get more definition of image I hope this helps.
I was just going to ask where we're going to get photos from, with no Flying Carpets nearby. Hmm... :lol:

davewasbaloo

This is very sad indeed  :cry:
since 2001 (many before that)

RnRCj

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"This is very sad indeed  :cry:
Very sad. :( But there's nothing that can be done about it now - it's happening!

I must say though, after thinking about this, it's not actually the toons that bother me. The problem with the whole Toon Studio area is that there is no consistant theme. In Fantasyland, all the landscaping and architecture blend together so well. But in Toon Studio, we've got Sydney Harbour, then a few feet away we've got Route 66, then next year we'll have an overgrown garden with a load of plastic toys. :roll: It's just a load of completely different ideas compressed into one small area, and it ends up looking very messy. Toons are fine in the area - I mean, it's Toon Studio! But when it's a load of carnival rides, based on Toy Story (which has already been used more than enough), and it doesn't blend in at all... it just ends up being one of the worst ideas in the history of Imagineering.

CentralPlazaPerson

Why could they not just base Toon Studios on Roger Rabbit and get Gadget's Go Coaster for the younger kids?
And make Pixar Studios and put all the Pixar Rides together and the new Ratatouille ride could be there also with Toy Story Playland as a section of it?

LOOK AT THIS ALSO:
http://themparks.wordpress.com/2009/01/ ... eaked-out/

15MagicalYears

Oh god :shock:
This doesn't sound like Disney  :?

I'm really scared

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"Toons are fine in the area - I mean, it's Toon Studio!
Finally! Only about 6 months after the rest of us.  :P

And it's in the nature of a movie studio park that themes clash - "you turn a corner and you could be anywhere...". Looking at DHS, some of its attractions are incredibly random. If they'd have built Disney-MGM Europe, it'd have been all over the place, no proper theme-specific lands like Hollywood and Toon Studio at all.

Personally I massively prefer the slightly random Toon Backlot area to the horribly dull original area of the land where everything matches. The very eclectic (ha, that old gem) themes of Toon Studio actually blend together quite well in my head. The three "backlot" attractions all have giant backdrops to join them, and if you look at the colour gradient in the backdrop of Flying Carpets, for example, it's yellow/red on the side of desert Cars and blue-purple on the side of underwater Crush.

Everything in that area seems justified to me.

I'm disappointed to hear they've bottled it and gone with a giant, dead-faced buzz rather than a more interesting robot for the entrance of TSPL, though. Seems like someone (I'd hazard a guess at management rather than Imagineering) decided the area needed the core characters, despite Buzz being heavily accounted for in Discoveryland.

davewasbaloo

Although I am fed up of the toons everywhere approach across Disney, what I hate more of here is the off the shelf carnival rides (even if modified). I am sorry, I can stay at home and ride carny rides. Also these kind of rides have slow loading times and poor capacity. This is bad on almost every level.

RnRCj

It's actually the "toon backlot" theme of Toon Studio that I don't like. I think having several rides within meters of each other with completely different themes looks very messy. It doesn't actually appear to have any order to it, even though technically it does.

I agree that the old Animation Courtyard looked extremely dull. But still, all the lands in Disneyland Park have consistant themes and none of them look dull. :wink: It must be possible somehow!

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "RnRCj"Toons are fine in the area - I mean, it's Toon Studio!
Finally! Only about 6 months after the rest of us.  :P
Oh don't get me wrong - I still would have prefered something non-toon based anyday! :P There is an overuse of Toons - a few are good - but right now it seems like that's all Disney can produce! Also (as Dave said), the fact that TSPL is a made up of a few decorated carnival rides just makes me feel sick. :sick:

You might say that Dumbo and the Mad Hatter's Teacups are carnival rides too - and they obviously are! But the difference is that they have superb landscaping around them and blend into their areas extremely well. They're also not too big. :wink:

If I had it my way, TSPL would be cancelled completely and instead I'd have the rumoured Ratatouille attraction built in it's place. After that, Toon Studio would be complete, and there would be no more toons in WDS! :mrgreen:

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"You might say that Dumbo and the Mad Hatter's Teacups are carnival rides too - and they obviously are! But the difference is that they have superb landscaping around them and blend into their areas extremely well. They're also not too big. :wink:
They've also already been built, so wait and see how well Toy Story Playland fits into its area. At least it'll be its own area - completely separate from the rest of Toon Studio. It'll hopefully feel a bit more immersive into a single theme even when you're not on the attractions.

Quote from: "RnRCj"If I had it my way, TSPL would be cancelled completely and instead I'd have the rumoured Ratatouille attraction built in it's place. After that, Toon Studio would be complete, and there would be no more toons in WDS! :mrgreen:
But Toon Studio is still reaaally small compared to Fantasyland - and don't forget they'd still like to add about 4 more attractions over there! Toon Studio only has 3 comparable rides at the moment. If it's going to eventually become a worthy partner, it needs more padding and a much bigger footprint.

Just a shame that a) they didn't pick higher capacity filler, b) they didn't give Euro Disney SCA a slap and say "YOU CAN'T HAVE A FULL-DAY PARK WITH ONLY THREE RESTAURANTS!" and c) Theatre District and any Backlot improvements have been postponed.

Oh, and d) There's still not any damn concept art!

davewasbaloo

The issue is in Fantasyland, there is a wonderful mix. 3 high quality dark rides, an e-ticket in IASW, lot's of theming, gardens, and 3 fun fair rides plus Storybookland with related rides. Then add in a maze, 5 shops, a table service, 2 counter service, an ice cream stand, and a few food carts - those three fun fair rides are no big deal.

But the Studios either has very cool adult attractions, theatre based attractions and fun fair rides. There are no AA's for anyone child sized, disabled or elderly. Capacity is key as the park does not have the emersive theming, so the attractions should be awesome. Personally I think if they added a themed play area and a highly themed table dining experience would be a much better use.

This is dumb, dumb, dumb. Not many people on the forum have experience Flik's Fun Fair or Dinoland, but this is likely to be similar or maybe worse.

I am seriously worried about the direction of travel. Hey, look at Cars - great ideas, but the fences they have put around the sets have seriously diminished the experience. What makes you think TSPL will be any better?