Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

All I hope is, with regards to the Toy Story Playland, that it's done to the same quality/level as A Bug's Land at DCA. That area has some very cheap and nasty fairground rides in it, but the themeing is of a high enough quality to make up for it. You know what I mean?

That said, I still don't like the idea of this Half Pipe Coaster. It's a bad idea. That's the sort of thing you get at Butlins, not at a Disney park. How ever well they theme it, it will still be a short, boring, ugly coaster. They should scrap the idea before construction starts. Save the money for a restaurant instead  :D

lil-shawn

hey folks, on micechat i found some pics of the Constructions walls took place right next to the Tram Tour area behind Art of Disney Animation...

Riebi

"Tram Tour - behind the fences"

or

WDS proudly presents: Bob the builder Land II (after the big success of BTBL in 2006/07)

or

Disneyland Resort Paris
The Bibadiboubedi Bob the builder year.
 :lol:
Anyone some ugly decorations for this events?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

RnRCj

From WDSfans:

QuoteThere has been some buzz on message boards for quite some time about which ride manufacturer would construct the RC Racer attraction. Most rumours go between Zamperla's (Mega) Disk'o and Intamin's Halfpipe.

Well according to our sources will the manufacturer be... Zamperla! And in an unexpected spin to the story, the attraction would not be an off-the-shelf Disk'o or Mega Disk'o, but a custom design resembling an Intamin Half Pipe coaster.

So, basically it will be this but 3 times bigger:

I was just wondering if the car would stop at the top of the two towers? By reading the description posted earlier on, it seemed like it would (which, I must admit, would be quite cool).

Still not looking forward to this though...

Willow

Its not often that Zamperla get asked for custom models!

Its a nice model but if they are taking the time to build a totally custom clone on the Intamin version it seems pointless.
The full Intamin Half Pipe is tried and tested whereas the Zamperla Disk-O is not tested as a Half Pipe coaster clone.

Riebi

Don´t know. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? The Halfpipe Coaster looked really huge. But this Zamperla ride is something you will find in every little theme park in germany. Nothing really special. And again: It all depends on theme!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"So, basically it will be this but 3 times bigger:
Probably more like this, structure-wise:

Why would it stop at the top? Do any Disk-O type rides do that?

Quote from: "Willow"Its a nice model but if they are taking the time to build a totally custom clone on the Intamin version it seems pointless. The full Intamin Half Pipe is tried and tested whereas the Zamperla Disk-O is not tested as a Half Pipe coaster clone.
True, but the bigger factor is probably that Zamperla are tried and tested by Disney.

Toon Studio is going to be a little Zamperla-land after TSPL, but if Cars is the quality benchmark that's not such a bad thing. I'm rather optimistic hearing this.

Willow

If any other park opened a cheap Maurer-Schone spinner and a few Zamperla rides in the same area it would be no-where near the same quality of the Studios. It says a lot for the Imagineers.

I've never heard of any Disk-O's stopping at the top, its probably possible but it won't ass much to the experience.

The queues will be dreadful! I've waited 20 minutes on Flamingoland's Disk-O, dread to think want the queues will be at Disney.

peep

Disk-os are not a great ride but I suppose it is plausible for the car to stop at the top as it is a powered attraction whereas the half pipe is be a launched coaster where it freefalls from the top of the structure.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

RnRCj

Grandmath over at Disney Central Plaza says that the robot at the entrance to the land will be replaced by a giant 4m Buzz.

It just gets better doesn't it... :?

Whoknew?

another entrance to something... i think wds needs some supervising of the park layout, i dont like the idea of having 1000 small lands in the park....  :?

smurfy74

a 4 metre high buzz sounds like a good thing to me, when are they going to release a press release about the construction.

CentralPlazaPerson

Any news?

lil-shawn

hey ya,
looks like they will begin soon with the work!
found on DCP...

Kristof

Actually work has already begun on the patch of grass behind AODA.