Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRogue

Quote from: "pussinboots"There's an interesting take. Never thought someone would actually rank it above a part of Fantasyland...

Oh, I don't, actually... At least, not if we're talking personal preference. I just pointed out that TSPL has a stronger theme, but as far as charm goes, Casey Jr. wins any day...

Quote from: "pussinboots"So it was the Toontown guy again, huh. Dial "Shull" (right?) for fiberglass.

That's the guy.

smurfy74

is that construction plant that I can see over by the costuming building???

tubbsy

Quote from: "PetiteSirene"Does anyone else think the parachute thing in the 2nd to bottom picture looks like a place for Army Men characters to hang out? Though I'm sure its for guest photos it would be cool to have the Army men marching around :)
It does doesnt it? That'd be brilliant if it is, but like you said it might just make you look like you've got a parachute overhead.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Anthony

Quote from: "tubbsy"it might just make you look like you've got a parachute overhead.
Yep, that's it. It's one of the (I think) three photo locations for guests - there's also RC and Rex.

I don't know how it fits into the Andy/toy theme. Oh! A pop-up birthday card? Let's say so.

DopeyDad

Quote from: "Whip"I'm sorry Timmy Timmy Intimidating , but your constant negative and downright depressive constant posts on the subject fo Toy Story Playland have prompted me to now stop posting completely on the forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I find it disresoectful that you continue in this way after people have kindly asked you to looks at both sides of the argument and not constantly knock people and ideas down.

Hence I am leaving Magicforum now on a permanent basis.

PetiteSirene

It could be one of those fake background things you used to get for some toys!  We used to have a dinasour book that had a pull out bit that could be used for a backdrop for toys.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

pussinboots

Or a nicely illustrated instruction manual perhaps? Does it have a design on the back? In any case, there seems to be a photo location requisite minimum for anything Euro Disney does... It's the new "Point Photo." A cheap and lazy way of livening up people's snapshots (which is free advertising after all) to be sure, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers a time when the arrival of a new photo location was all the news that would come out of the Studios.

Festival Disney

;)

Source: Ambasadeur DLP Facebook
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

PetiteSirene

have to admit that WOULD look cool with an army man posing in it :lol:

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

seanmartina

Looks good, but it does look very tacky and cheap in places, but i have to agree with Timmytimmy, it lacks disney magic, and def the wrong location... but it should keep the kids happy, wonder if us adults will get anything new, or have we just been forgotten...

dagobert

I'm fine with the RC Racer, but the billboard with the army men looks so cheap.

penfold12

Well I have to eat my words. I don't like the theme, but I think they have done a great job with it based on those Ariel photos. It really looks like a group of models or toys! However its a shame that on every angle all you can see is either back stage or building works and fields. Sort of brakes the illusion

dagobert

Quote from: "penfold12"Well I have to eat my words. I don't like the theme, but I think they have done a great job with it based on those Ariel photos. It really looks like a group of models or toys! However its a shame that on every angle all you can see is either back stage or building works and fields. Sort of brakes the illusion

I can't agree more. That's the reason why I think that the Parachute Drop is the worst attraction of the new land.

Scissorsboi

Gonna have to agree with the above on this one, the view from the top of the tower is awful. It's one thing to be shrunk to toy level, but they haven't taken into account what you can see when you're taken higher than toy level, I think cleverly RC Racer is angled so you'd miss most of it, but Parachutes seems to just hang you above air-con units, or in view of cast areas.

A way to stop this illusion might be to add in a Toy Soldier on the roof of Art of Animation which you can only see from the ride? Little detail that would probably draw the story back in.

On another note.. are Slinky's ears made of fabric? That could get a bit stagnant in the rain..
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

tubbsy

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"On another note.. are Slinky's ears made of fabric? That could get a bit stagnant in the rain..

Look like it doesnt it? Hmmm

I do feel there is an element of you do have to use your imagination here. I know we can see buildings butI got the idea that this isnt the finish product as the imagineers are going to have to come up with something to disguise the backstage buildings for Ratatoulie-although there is only so much they will be able to disguise.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club