Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PetiteSirene

They got the Pixar ball in! :D

(ironic that when I did a google search for TSPL TTTs picture came up... according to google you are linked to it good for you :lol:)

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

DopeyDad

Quote from: "Whip"I'm sorry Timmy Timmy Intimidating , but your constant negative and downright depressive constant posts on the subject fo Toy Story Playland have prompted me to now stop posting completely on the forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I find it disresoectful that you continue in this way after people have kindly asked you to looks at both sides of the argument and not constantly knock people and ideas down.

Hence I am leaving Magicforum now on a permanent basis.

well I've had enough of this,
but I don't think you should leave the forum Whip, that's just one view being pushed out by TTTs frankly ludicrous chanting, despite both admins giving warnings.

I hope this forum can return to a respectful and constructive exchange of views soon.

btw I loved your post petitesirene "(ironic that when I did a google search for TSPL TTTs picture came up... according to google you are linked to it good for you )"  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

claire2281

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"Disney magic:

Excellent. Love the Scalextric track on the floor; much nicer to see than horrible old concrete in most of the rest of the queuing areas. The trees provide a welcome bit of cover too.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

DopeyDad

:)

Pizzaplanet

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum although I'm a regular visitor and reader. I'm 49 years old, I'm from Germany and I'm going to Disney since 1990. I have been to WDW 10 times, to DL in Anaheim 3 times and to DLRP 8 times.

It is very sad what's going on here in this thread. Toy Story Playland is by far not the best land created by Walt Disney Imagineering, but compared to other attractions like Casey Jr it doesn't look bad. I'm sure my kids will like it, but I think that long time Disney fans are not that happy, but that's just my opinion!

One last thing I want to say. This is a forum and everybody should have his own opinion, even if you don't like it. Somehow I have the feeling that it is not really allowed here to say something against Disney. Disney has changed in recent years and unfortunately not for the best. Many things are going wrong in this wonderful company, especially in the themepark business. If you compare what WDI is designing at the moment and what Universal or other themeparks like Europa Park in Germany are creating, you realize that Disney can do better. At the moment Disney is just using franchises to make as much money as possible. You just have to take a look at the Fantasyland espansion at Walt Disney World. There is just one new ride and the rest are princess meet and greets. Yes that's Disney of today.

Disney WAS the best of the themepark business, they invented it, but sadly all great Imagineers had to leave and now they are building great rides for other companies. Hopefully the new attractions at DL in Anaheim and Hong Kong will turn out great. By the way, at least TSPL didn't get built in the Disneyland PArk like in Hong Kong. Than I would really be angry.

After having said my opinion I can't wait to see my happy kids when visiting TSPL. Toy Story is their favorite movie!!

Maybe I will change my view on TSPL after returning hom from Disneyland Paris.

tubbsy

Hi PizzaPlanet, nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. I think what you have said here is very fair comment.
I am hoping that Disney will get on track, cant wait to see TSPL for myself and looking forward to good things with the new Ratatoulie ride :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Pizzaplanet

Quote from: "tubbsy"Hi PizzaPlanet, nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. I think what you have said here is very fair comment.
I am hoping that Disney will get on track, cant wait to see TSPL for myself and looking forward to good things with the new Ratatoulie ride :)

Hi Tubbsy!

Thanks for the nice welcome!
I'm sure Ratatouile will be great and a wonderful addition to the park and hopefully an attraction that everyone will like.
With Tower Of Terror, Crush's Coaster and the future Ratatouille ride the parks is heading into the right direction. I don't want to argue about TSPL and the studios theme. As many people here already said it doesn't really fit, but the theming looks great in terms of WDS standards and it brings much needed greenery into the park.

Now it only needs a Hollywood Blvd and a Sunset Strip like in the Hollywood Studios in Florida and I'm fine with the park, because until now I didn't really like the park very much. Most attractions at WDS are better than the attractions in Florida, but there they are older.

TimmyTimmyTimmy

To be honest I think that TSPL or Toy Story Land will fit very well in HDKL. It is in desperate need of new rides, even more than WDS. Disneyland is a mix of different lands and visions of life. WDS is a movie studio...  As long as the rides are not visible from entire HKDL I would be fine about having Toy Story there. The problem is that there already is a Toy Story ride in the same park. WDS does not have that. WDS need theme but HDKL is full of trees and great looking buildings. Having been there a few times I can really recomend anybody viseting the place. It is a great time the next few years for Disneyland fans. DCA is getting Carsland, TDR will get 2 new attractions and a brand new version of Fantasmic, WDW Fantasyland forest and HKDL will get 3 new lands incl 2 e-tickets! The new Paris area in WDS looks great from what I have seen. One can only hope that it will make sense having it in a Hollywood themed park, that they can hide the RC racer that ruins the view and that the ride is as good as Spiderman in IOA. People will be running through TSPL to get a fastpass for the rat ride.

Here´s a peek of how the Stinky Dog ride wait area will look inside:)

dagobert

Quote from: "Pizzaplanet"Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum although I'm a regular visitor and reader. I'm 49 years old, I'm from Germany and I'm going to Disney since 1990. I have been to WDW 10 times, to DL in Anaheim 3 times and to DLRP 8 times.

It is very sad what's going on here in this thread. Toy Story Playland is by far not the best land created by Walt Disney Imagineering, but compared to other attractions like Casey Jr it doesn't look bad. I'm sure my kids will like it, but I think that long time Disney fans are not that happy, but that's just my opinion!

One last thing I want to say. This is a forum and everybody should have his own opinion, even if you don't like it. Somehow I have the feeling that it is not really allowed here to say something against Disney. Disney has changed in recent years and unfortunately not for the best. Many things are going wrong in this wonderful company, especially in the themepark business. If you compare what WDI is designing at the moment and what Universal or other themeparks like Europa Park in Germany are creating, you realize that Disney can do better. At the moment Disney is just using franchises to make as much money as possible. You just have to take a look at the Fantasyland espansion at Walt Disney World. There is just one new ride and the rest are princess meet and greets. Yes that's Disney of today.

Disney WAS the best of the themepark business, they invented it, but sadly all great Imagineers had to leave and now they are building great rides for other companies. Hopefully the new attractions at DL in Anaheim and Hong Kong will turn out great. By the way, at least TSPL didn't get built in the Disneyland PArk like in Hong Kong. Than I would really be angry.

After having said my opinion I can't wait to see my happy kids when visiting TSPL. Toy Story is their favorite movie!!

Hello from Austria to Germany!

I can't agree more on what you have said about Disney of today. Every new attraction is either based on Pixar or on Princesses. Nothing new and original.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts and impressions about TSPL after your returning from DLRP. Hopefully your children will like the new Toy Story land.

SM:M3

Quote from: "Pizzaplanet"Hi everyone!

Welcome to the forum, and its true, although Tom Staggs has ordered retooling of the Fantasyland expansion for WDW
Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"Here´s a peek of how the Stinky Dog ride wait area will look inside:)
How mature
Quote from: "DopeyDad"
Quote from: "Whip"I'm sorry Timmy Timmy Intimidating , but your constant negative and downright depressive constant posts on the subject fo Toy Story Playland have prompted me to now stop posting completely on the forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I find it disresoectful that you continue in this way after people have kindly asked you to looks at both sides of the argument and not constantly knock people and ideas down.

Hence I am leaving Magicforum now on a permanent basis.

well I've had enough of this,
but I don't think you should leave the forum Whip, that's just one view being pushed out by TTTs frankly ludicrous chanting, despite both admins giving warnings.

I hope this forum can return to a respectful and constructive exchange of views soon.

btw I loved your post petitesirene "(ironic that when I did a google search for TSPL TTTs picture came up... according to google you are linked to it good for you )"  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Don't go...

Festival Disney

I found some pictures of the view from the top of the parachute tower which I'm finding again now :lol:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Festival Disney

Right... here's the pics from the top of Toy Soldier Parachute Drop...

Source: Ambassaduer Disneyland Paris' facebook page
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

JelleP

It looks actually much better from the sky than I imagined :D
Great pics, by the way!
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Disneydavid

are there people 21th?

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

PetiteSirene

Does anyone else think the parachute thing in the 2nd to bottom picture looks like a place for Army Men characters to hang out? Though I'm sure its for guest photos it would be cool to have the Army men marching around :)

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel